Server time: 2017-08-18, 01:22

Sign in to follow this  
abrahamhunt

Expierence on both EU and US servers

abrahamhunt    0

So, i reguraly play on the EU server but also in the night I play on the US server because it's mostly fuller then (talking about late night 2-5 GMT). I've kinda noticed a different experience on both servers. On the EU server I mostly meet nice people many that try to emphasize on the roleplay part and hardly ever get robbed. But when I play on the US server it's the opposite. I can say that nearlly 90% of my encounters with other people on the US server was getting robbed or attempt to getting robbed.

Don't get me wrong I've met some nice and friendly people on the US server but mostly even the people that I meet are all nervous and think that I want to rob/shoot them and try to run from me when I'm geared up. Ofcourse there are bandits on the EU server and also have encountered them. But I'm a lone wolf most of the time I'm traveling alone. When I see a group of people I talk to them on the EU server. But I don't do this anymore on the US server because it always ends with me being robbed ALWAYS.

The thing is I get it it's Dayz apocalypse and all but even getting robbed on the EU server there is a emphasize on the roleplay during the robbery while on the US server it's mostly done real quick. Hands in the air drop your bag, take stuff and gone. Am I the only one that has these encounters on the US server?

Vandy    34

I think it's just your bad luck mate.

I switch regularly between the three servers.

And so do "bandits group" I know off. So I guess you just ran into the worng guys, at the wrong time, at the wrong place.

I don't think there is any specific difference between European and US roleplayers.

Jackson L    0

I play about 50/50 between the US and EU servers and I honestly feel like the roleplaying is of higher quality in the EU servers.

I've met nice people in both and assholes in both. I'd say it's about the same amount in each server. But the quality of RP is not the same. YMMV.

Phin    0

Culturally, your hypothesis makes sense. To be honest, there is a HUGE difference between European and American cultures. Not any bad differences, just... differences. I think we can all agree on that. In this game, Americans may tend to be more forward, more "do-what-it-takes", act more entitled at times, and even maybe act more aggressive. At the same time, UK players may be more willing to work around violence at the cost of time, and maybe think about the effects of their actions a bit more.

These are just simple observations I have made. Let me say, there are ALWAYS exceptions, be it a bandit group in the UK server or a band of friendly players in the US servers.

That being said, I do not believe I have played these servers long enough to really make an accurate assumption. Everything I have said is based on external observations and experiences.

(Side Note: All this comes from the view of an American.)

Volke    132

It could be just luck, I feel newer players seem to go on US more as it is more frequently open. I've played on both and enjoy EU much more. There are bad & good rpers on both though, it's just a server :P

I see a lot of people post about them meeting up with bandits. I have never met up with a bandit, robber, killer, etc. Those of you that have, I don't know what it is that causes these people to rob you, but damn. You're going have to make a friend to help you out, so you won't be getting robbed. I encounter a lot of people, non of these people have ever made an attempt to take my stuff, or otherwise harm me. It might be dumb luck, I don't know. I hope the next time that you come on the US server, you meet up with people that aren't robbers and do a roleplay as to why the robbed you.

MaToLiZeM    0

All you say is also very depebded on the places you are. One of my greatest times in the community was playing with someone I met IG and on the US.

If you are usually at the Vybor triangle (illuminati?) or at Green (more like red) Mountain then of course you will get robbed more than if you are on more friendly places and usually less RP because this is the places all the new guys that usually just hope to meet their favorite YouTube/Twitch star and kill him and don't realy care about the RP... If you will now which places have high quality RP you will see that the server region doesn't really matter

Guest DeadPlaya   
Guest DeadPlaya

When you roll with Blackwood , nobody fuck wid u.Not even the inmates.

But yeah, you should go in a group. Bandits prey on the weak and few.

Play on the first person server. Bandits hate it ;)

I can assure you i dont I love the first person server because i dont have to wait to get on it :P

When you roll with Blackwood , nobody fuck wid u.Not even the inmates.

But yeah, you should go in a group. Bandits prey on the weak and few.

Pretty much this.

Coplestone    0

You get good guys and bad guys on either server, I think you just happened to have more bandit experiences in the US, I for one have had many bandit experiences on the EU server. I can imagine the US server to be a bit more aggressive though ;)