Jump to content
Server time: 2017-10-18, 18:46
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Whiskey Tango

91.1Mhz [US] - A survivor group's public frequency

Recommended Posts

Travis Long sits down at the bar in front of a Rasputin kvass. He takes his radio out of his hoodie pocket and places it on the bar top. Outside are members of the group doing their own thing. Andrew is trying to get his pumpkins to grow; Cotton is sitting by a fire reading The Three Musketeers, Sam is doing whatever Sam does, Emilia is trying to get herself electrocuted messing with the electricity, and Dante is keeping watch on his security patrol. Travis takes a swig of his kvass and takes the radio into his hand. He reluctantly keys the button to transmit.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

“Attention… We have a small survivor camp and we are willing to take in more survivors. You may call us what you like, but we are just survivors. If you are seeking food, water, or refuge please respond to this message. Once you contact us we will give you a location to meet. Several of our survivors will meet you at the predetermined location.”

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volke    131

*Listening in to the frequency, curiously, replies to the message. As the man speaks, brush strokes can be heard in the background*

Survivors eh? Not people who plan to shoot comrades in the back and leave the body for the wolves? You sound...very interesting... I'd like to meet you, show me what it means to be a survivor. Though.... do you put your trust in a man you have never met? I could be a cannibal, a killer, or a robber. I may be all of these things, or I may be none of them at all....Do you still wish to meet..? I look forward to hear your reply...until then, I will continue finishing my masterpiece. Good day... Before I go however, let me leave you with a poem

The night falls in a heavy, suffocating cloak, stricken are we.

The emotion for which you lust

flares once, then dies,

swept away by madness.

All hope must surely perish.

Your soul thrives no more.

How could you do this?

Shadows surround us, crying,

sanctuary.

Good day survivorrrr...

*The Frequency suddenly cuts out*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long hears a faint rumble in his hoodie pocket during his patrol. He takes out the radio and listens. After the transmission is over he keys the button

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Unfortunately, we do not put our trust in anyone. That is the reason for the undisclosed location. We can not show you the way to survive, we can just show you our way. In addition, we do not know you intention. However, I think we can deal with all situation in which you stated. If you seek to meet us make your way to Gorka. Relay when you are there and we will send people your way."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volke    131

*Picks up the radio again, he puts down his brush to speak*

Interesting, Interesting... I wish to meet you. I liked your response to my question. I will meet you in Gorka once I finish my painting. I will contact you when I am in Gorka. Until then.

(While Putting down the radio, in a small whisper to himself can be heard)

"Where did I put those guts....hmm...."

*The Radio signal suddenly breaks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long picks up the radio and keys the button

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Good copy, please let me know when you are near. I will send out people to meet you."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volke    131

*Huffing & Puffing as he ran, to Gorka with radio in hand, he trys to contact the man.*

"Hello? Huff......Puff.....I'm almost at Gorka, where should I meet you....huff... puff....?"

*He puts the radio back in his bag as he exhaustedly runs to Gorka.

[OOC: (Which server are you on btw?) I'm in Gorka atm but not on a server]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long jumps out of his bed. He picks up the radio off the nightstand and pushes the button.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Good copy, I will be sending someone to Gorka now."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Volke    131

*Picks up the radio*

"Excellent, where should I wait? I will be waiting at the church with a light*

*Puts radio down*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long tried to catch his breath. He takes the radio out of his hoodie pocket. Once he can form a sentence he keys the radio.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"We went to the church and saw the light. Unfortunately, there were walkers around. We did not see you so we ran to the North. I hope all is well."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaToLiZeM    0

Hearing the transsmition Bar get a big wide smile on his face after he thinks he heard his old friend in the backround. Pressing the transsmition button.

*Static sound fading out*

Bar whispering for himself

"Wow it's realy good to hear that Jhon is okay, he realy made me worry with that note. "

*Lough for a bit and start to speak clearly*

" I am pretty far away from the place up north, few miles away from the roost, I think I have some clue about the place from the note John left me. I will come there soon but not right now... "

*saying enthusiasticly*

"I can't wait to meet John again so please pass him this massage if you can't and send him my regards.

thats it for now, Bar out..."

*Static sound fading in and get cut right away*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long picks up the radio that is laying next to him. After the transmission is finished he gets a dumbfounded look on his face. He tries to think to himself if John's name was ever stated.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Bar, I think you have the wrong frequency. There was no mention of John on this channel. I know two John's but never referred to them. I hope you find the right freq."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MaToLiZeM    0

*Bar's smile went off and he fell truly stupid and very awkward after he understand that he didn't realy heard his friend, and pressing the button to transsmit.*

*same static sound fading out and Bar starts to talk weak*

"Well I... I, I thought I heard a... a friend of mine named Jhon Cotton that I havn't seen for a long time. Well.. well never mind, I, I must missheard him. Sssory for interupting your transsmition"

*Before his transsmition ends you can hear Bar saying an unfamiliar word "סעמק! (s'emeck!)" and the static sound fading in and getting cut*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long looks at the radio even more confused. He tries to think prior to hitting the transmit button.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Bar, I do know a John Cotton. He is currently outside and I don't know how you heard him. Maybe it is just a weird coincidence. Safe travels."

----------------------------------------------

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yadidle    2

Notebook looks down at his radio, a frown on his face. He remembers the frequency he was told about, but doesn't believe in such a place. Slowing down to a walk, he ducks into a rusty shed to escape the rain. After turning the radio in his hands nervously, he finally flips it on. Slowly turning the dial to the right frequency, he clears his throat.

*heavy static, followed by a cough*

Uh, howdy there. The name's Notebook, and I've heard word of your attempt at a camp. I've eh...

*long pause as rain drops patter on the top of the shed*

...quite nearly lost my faith in places like this. Believe me, I know they all mean well in the beginning. They just, they don't last man. Nothing in our lovely Wasteland can last...

*a sigh can be heard, rain continuing to drum on the shed*

*the hiss pop of an opening can is heard*

If you guys are for real, I'd be interested in meeting you folks in person. I'm a trustworthy guy that's looking for a little hope is all. Peaches can only get me so far in this... Hell we live in now. If you copy this, send me a signal. I'll keep my radio on as long as I can, I've got a small stock of batteries for just such an occasion.

*scraping of metal can be heard, followed by the impact of an empty tin can against the side of the rusty shed*

I uh, really hope you guys are real. Keep your friends close, and your peaches closer. The Wasteland doesn't take prison-

*intake of breath*

Ah forget it, just please respond if you hear this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As the last drip of Rasputin kvass enters Travis Long's mouth he hears a voice on the radio. He puts down the can and turns up the radio's volume. After the transmission is finished from Notebook he keys the radio.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Notebook, it is good to hear a lone survivor alive. If you are interested in meeting our group we can meet you in Gorka. Please let us know when you are close and I can send some people to meet you."

----------------------------------------------

Travis puts down the radio and cracks open another kvass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AndMyAxe    0

After setting up his makeshift camp Jackson looks at his radio and then remember's about a broadcast a few days about a camp few towns east of him. He grips on to his radio then at first hesitates to talk then looks out at a group of cows a few hundred yards away then finally pushes down on the button to talk

*A slight sigh is heard at first then finally a voice of a young male who sounds like he should still be in his third or fourth year of high school finally speaks*

Umm, Hello if your... still out there I'm currently on my own right now. My name is.. Jackson Forrest right now I'm in between Vybor and Kabanino, I know I don't sound like much but I have pretty good survival skills and I know how to live off the land pretty well... I'm just not good with people at first.... but being alone really sucks.... bad. So if you guys are good people like you say you are I would very much like to join up with y'all. Probably tomorrow because I just finished setting up my camp and going to get some sleep I hope you'll radio back.

Jackson finally let's his finger off the button then places his radio on the ground next to his sleeping space then lowers his head down onto his bag

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long wipes down his shotgun as he listens to Jackson's radio transmission. He thinks to himself, "Damn, he sounds to young to be out on his own". Travis lays his shotgun and cleaning rag on the bar. He keys the radio hoping Jackson receives the transmission.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Jackson, head to Gorka as soon as you can. When you are there radio me back. I will personally come and meet you."

----------------------------------------------

Travis puts down the radio and starts putting away his weapon's cleaning kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Luckydente    21

*After sitting dormant on the frequency I decided to speak up*

Greetings.. The name is Dente.. Im wishing to join your camp. See I recently noticed that all my friends are dead. And most my belongings stolen..

*Stressfull mumblings can be heard before I cough and speak back up*

Im allways in this shitheap of an area in vybor and I need to get away from it all.. Trouble seems to have followed me around in the form of red..

Anywho.. I hope meeting your people will change this for me.. Im getting desperate...

Oh,Last thing.. people have condoned me around these parts as.. Mentaly ill.. *I Say the words with a hint of disgust*

But I promise me and Veld are wuite nice..

*I yell off a bit for veld,After getting no responce I speak again*

See? I doubt you will see Veld.. Hes like my gaurdien angle..

Best regards..

*I let go of the button on my radio,Getting up and looking for my mask*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Travis Long raises an eyebrow as he hears Dente's transmission. He begins to think to himself and slowly pick up the radio from the table. After pondering for a a few minutes he keys the button.

----------------------------------------------

Motorola.png

"Dente, I am going to have to ask you to not come this direction. You should be able find a group around your current location. No disrespect, but I heard you on frequency 94.6 earlier. I do not think this location is for you. We are not to keen on people that wear masks."

----------------------------------------------

Travis puts the radio into his hoodie pocket. He walks out of the bar to inform the others of the conversation he just had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×