Server time: 2017-10-22, 23:03
Safe Zone: CLOSING SOON

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Aquanoise

How not to get (accidently) killed by someone

Question

Guest Aquanoise   
Guest Aquanoise

I got whitelisted about a week ago and have played around 6 lives, but in every live i got killed on sight or without valid reason.

The first time i died was at vybor military, a guy said he was friendly and when i went looting he shot me in the back

The second time i ran as a freshspawn and got killed in cherno by a mosin sniper

In my 3rd live i died of starvation

In the fourth live i got accidently got shot by a guy who thought i was a murderer, when they checked my dead body they found out i was the wrong guy

In my previous live i was playing at green mountain and 'claimed' the compound with 2 other guys, saying i would shoot anyone who entered. A group arrived and we had a conversation, they wanted to resolve it peacefully (and i didn't shoot them because they didnt enter the compound, then i got sniped out of the tower from the forrest)

Nobody knew who it was, not even the group that tried to negoiate

So does anyone have tips how to not get killed (without reason)

8 answers to this question

Diggy    0

Yeah its just due to the huge boom of new players and lack of logs. Some people join for the right reasons, and unfortunately you've seem to run into some that didn't join for the right reasons. I haven't been kosd yet, and it could be due to me rolling around with up to 10 people at a time sometimes. Strength in numbers friend.

Chriss    1

I think there is actually nothing you can do, you could try to avoid places but it can always happen that you get KoSed until there are logs. Try to report them maybe that helps.

And im not sure but i think the chance of KoS is on the EU1 higher, i use the 2nd and 3rd and havent been KoSed

Cid    333

It's a bit harder to track down those who KoS. If you are getting KoS'd or shot at a lot if you can record with your computer I suggest recording. If you feel a player may be a bit suspicious you can run up and do the "Check Pulse" option to get their name, but this is OOC information so do not use it IC. Also, I suggest staying away from Vybor and Green Mountain if you are getting KoS'd there.

For the starvation death, I suggest picking apples and berries if you are unable to find food. If you get matches, go craft a stone knife so you can gut animals for meat as well if you happen to get a weapon as well.

Guest Aquanoise   
Guest Aquanoise

It's a bit harder to track down those who KoS. If you are getting KoS'd or shot at a lot if you can record with your computer I suggest recording. If you feel a player may be a bit suspicious you can run up and do the "Check Pulse" option to get their name, but this is OOC information so do not use it IC. Also, I suggest staying away from Vybor and Green Mountain if you are getting KoS'd there.

For the starvation death, I suggest picking apples and berries if you are unable to find food. If you get matches, go craft a stone knife so you can gut animals for meat as well if you happen to get a weapon as well.

i am recording most of the time and i write a report sometimes but that takes some time (especialy uploading the vid). also the last time i got killed i didn't even know where it came from. so why would i bother writing a report and uploading the video when its just a waste of time

Cid    333

i am recording most of the time and i write a report sometimes but that takes some time (especialy uploading the vid). also the last time i got killed i didn't even know where it came from. so why would i bother writing a report and uploading the video when its just a waste of time

If you feel like you have sufficient evidence you should always write a report, especially in regard to KoSers. If you had the evidence, such as names and video, do you really feel like it would be a waste of time?

Guest Aquanoise   
Guest Aquanoise

If you feel like you have sufficient evidence you should always write a report, especially in regard to KoSers. If you had the evidence, such as names and video, do you really feel like it would be a waste of time?

the only thing i have is a video where i get shot and killed, you can also hear everyone being suprised and asking where the shot came from, is that enough evidence? unfortunatly no... that's why iwon't post it

Cid    333

the only thing i have is a video where i get shot and killed, you can also hear everyone being suprised and asking where the shot came from, is that enough evidence? unfortunatly no... that's why iwon't post it

We all just have to be persistent and patient until we get the proper tools, which according to the roadmap should hopefully be soon.

Do you feel like your question has been answered or are you still looking for more advice?

Cid    333

Since the person who made the thread has been permabanned I will be marking as solved. If anyone else has any questions pertaining to the topic feel free to continue posting.

/solving