Server time: 2017-10-23, 11:42
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Slugman

Polite banditry

Slugman    0

So I've been playing RP for awhile now and it seems the only difference between this and vanilla is the KOS rule.

Anyone with less gear than me just runs from me, and those with higher gear rob me, albeit politely. Just this evening I approached a military spawn where I attempted to interact with a group of 4 armed players, introducing myself. I was immediately told to get on the floor or they would shoot, handcuffed and robbed. When talking to them and asking them why they were robbing me, I was simply told "This is DayZ buddy".

After they left I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. I would just like to know what is the etiquette in such a situation? Am I free to engage when confronted? If I run can they shoot? I understand that banditry is part and parcel of the game but it seems to me that some people are abusing the rules and taking advantage of the KOS rule and those trying to role play.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant, it's not, I think the servers are amazing and I really do enjoy playing on them.

:)

The only way to stop things like that is to report it, if you think its bad RP try record it and make a report discussion.

If they told you "This is DayZ", then they broke character and they could be reported. If you recall the time and place, and you got any of their names, you should report them. That sort of behavior is not acceptable on this server.

Toska    0

If they told you "This is DayZ", then they broke character and they could be reported. If you recall the time and place, and you got any of their names, you should report them. That sort of behavior is not acceptable on this server.

I second this. As Lucia said they broke character.

From reading what you wrote I can tell you this: encounters are usually very individual here. Don't judge because you had a few similar bad encounters. Just like regular DayZ you can have good and bad sessions.

Don't give up, keep calm and RP on. :)

Slugman    0

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get any of their names, but it happened on the UK server about 20 minutes ago near the military building in Chapaevsk by Cherno.

Sigh, I felt helpless because I didn't wanna break character and shoot them or question them on their knowledge of server rules because then I would be breaking character.. There were four of them and they seemed to be heading towards Balota.

Samaritan    349

Sounds like you had a bad experience and they also used unnecessary OOC by saying "This is DayZ". I wouldn't tar everyone in this community with the brush though because of this experience. If you think you received no or little RP in that situation open a report discussion. RP should come first, even if you are robbed it should be a good experience.

Slugman    0

I apologize if it seemed like I was taking a dig at the community, that wasn't my intention at all.

I guess I was frustrated because I took the time to build up my gear, only to have it taken from me in that fashion. It's not even the gear that bothered me, I can always find new stuff, it's they way they did it that left me kinda pissed off.

Like I said I really do enjoy the servers, and I guess I gotta take the good with the bad.

Guest Likurja   
Guest Likurja

I like how we even thou have RP after DayZ some people just comletly ignore that.

Why do they even bother whitelisting?

Its bad that you had to expirience such RP but I hope your future encouters will be good. :)

EddyKreys    0

I like how we even thou have RP after DayZ some people just comletly ignore that.

These people think that this is just a non-KoS server, while it is an RP server which is far different. They probably can't even tell the difference.

Today I got robbed for a pair of gloves. That guy had yellow gloves but they didn't match his outfit so he decided to point a gun at me, strip me naked and steal my black gloves. Worst RP robbery ever.

But trust me, they will get bored quickly and they will leave eventually. We just need to "deal with it" until logs get here. And don't forget that there are still a lot of great RPers on the server, so you can still get into interesting situations.

Grihm    16

So I've been playing RP for awhile now and it seems the only difference between this and vanilla is the KOS rule.

Anyone with less gear than me just runs from me, and those with higher gear rob me, albeit politely. Just this evening I approached a military spawn where I attempted to interact with a group of 4 armed players, introducing myself. I was immediately told to get on the floor or they would shoot, handcuffed and robbed. When talking to them and asking them why they were robbing me, I was simply told "This is DayZ buddy".

After they left I was left with a sour taste in my mouth. I would just like to know what is the etiquette in such a situation? Am I free to engage when confronted? If I run can they shoot? I understand that banditry is part and parcel of the game but it seems to me that some people are abusing the rules and taking advantage of the KOS rule and those trying to role play.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant, it's not, I think the servers are amazing and I really do enjoy playing on them.

Take a look at different threads in the forums and make sure you are prepared so you can help us remove "players" like these. I made a thread yesterday about making proper reports and how to gather as much evidence you can do do just that.

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-making-a-proper-report-and-securing-evidence-in-game

Some people are here that should not and some are just ignorant and try to take advantage of the fact that we roleplay. They feel it´s an easy target. Very sorry you ended up in a situation as this but rest assured, they are not what we are about.

Ghurab    0

You are just unlucky friend. I've been on the server for a week and a half or so, and I've yet to be in any sort of hostile situation. I approach every single person I see, often with my weapons away and my hands up, and just strike up a conversation. Now it hasn't all been great rp, but there are a lot of friendlies out there. Hang in there.

trash902    0

Was this in Vybor Eddy? I believe you were on my ts. channel right before this happened. Two russian guys? if so these bad robbers also tried to KOS me as I entered Vybor maybe 20 minutes before you got on TS.