Server time: 2017-10-18, 16:34
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Phin

Kicked for "Invalid RP Name"?

Question

Phin    0

Before I ask my question, I have already read previous threads regarding this issue, but I figured it would be appropriate to post because this is a more individualistic issue.

Okay, so I was kicked for having an invalid RP name? I was in the US based server, and I had been in for a good half hour or so. I was kicked. My name on steam is "Phin Goodson" which was the RP name I put on my app. It is just kind of annoying because now the server is full and I cannot get back in...

Any way I can prevent this from happening in the future?

8 answers to this question

Diggy    0

Yeah that shouldn't be happening to you since you have a first and last name. Maybe go into the helpdesk on TS and see if you can get an explanation from the staff member who has been kicking you.

Are you sure you have made your DayZ character's name Phin Goodson? That can be done on the main menu of DayZ, maybe you never changed your in game name and are thinking your Steam Name is what shows up to people.

Guest Vittoria   
Guest Vittoria

I saw you on the server getting kicked

You only had the first name "Phin" and no last name...

Guest Phalix   
Guest Phalix

change ur dayz name, not ur steam name

Matt    24

You was kicked because your name was just Phin, not Phin Goodson.

Please make sure the second name is included or you will get kicked by a GM or Admin.

Solving as we know why you was kicked.

Diggy    0

Yeah like I said, you need a first and last name. Just go to the main menu of DayZ and click your characters name and just add the last name that you forgot to add.

skunkish    0

What's the name of your day z avatar as you load, it's that name that counts .Is it the same as you steam name.sometimes we change them and forget i do.I had this happen to me on my first visit to the server and that was the issue....:} just trying to help .

Phin    0

Ahh totally my fault!

I didn't realize the names on DayZ Standalone were independent from Steam. It initially sets your current steam name as your DayZ name when you first download DayZ. But to further change your DayZ name you have to change it via DayZ Standalone, and not by steam.

See, when I got first DayZ, my name was just "Phin". And after I changed my Steam name to "Phin Goodson", my DayZ name remained "Phin".

Alright, thanks for helping me figure this out. Sorry if I sounded accusatory towards the staff, not at all intended. T'was my fault, but it is fixed now!

Thanks for the help guys!

Toska    0

I didn't realize the names on DayZ Standalone were independent from Steam. It initially sets your current steam name as your DayZ name when you first download DayZ. But to further change your DayZ name you have to change it via DayZ Standalone, and not by steam.

They used to have this system, but for a few months now they have the ingame-names independent from Steam.