Server time: 2017-10-16, 22:02
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Hawkstone

Possible DayZ death glitch?! :(

Question

Hawkstone    0

So i've had this happen twice now it seems where i'll be walking or running around, and then out of nowhere, bam, you are dead. I know it wasnt a KoS because there was no gun shot and i was in Elektro in a spot where i wouldn't of been visible from a far away shot. I also was not attacked by zombies and did not have any, "youre freezing/starving/dehydrated/stuffed." i was completely healthy besides two desynced zombie hits. but this has happened twice now. The first time, on a different server, i spawned right next to where i died and my body was gone. i reached it within 5 minutes so unless someone got to it and cut it up, it shouldve still been there. Has anyone else had this happen?

PS: Admins, if i put this in the wrong sub forum, i apologize as i did not feel like it necessarily fit into your questions forum. Feel free to move it where you think it belongs.

13 answers to this question

Hawkstone    0

One word, Alpha...

That's not exactly what i was getting at... I know that this is Alpha, as i've been playing it since it was put onto steam. What i'm getting at is that i've never experienced this "glitch" and definitely not within a 2 day period. Im not complaining that it's broken.

It happened to two of my friends yesterday though one was on a hay bail. But the other just dropped dead.

DrGrim_PhD    0

I had this issue a couple weeks ago on a non-RP server. It's most likely a glitch or just bad luck. One second I'm picking up an item, next I'm dead. Less than 5 minutes later I pick up another item, another insta-death.

Hawkstone    0

Alright, i just wanted to confirm that i'm not just getting KoS'd or something! xD It sucks though as it was really the second time i've been playing on this server and bam, you're dead. it's enough to make me just walk away for a little bit xD

Brad    158

Alright, i just wanted to confirm that i'm not just getting KoS'd or something! xD It sucks though as it was really the second time i've been playing on this server and bam, you're dead. it's enough to make me just walk away for a little bit xD

Where were you when this happened?

I've had troubles in certain areas, and usually it's if you are running and the game desyncs a bit.

Sversgrad has kind of a bridged area of town that is dangerous. I've just been running and experienced broken legs and or death. And other areas that are slightly raised up can have similar outcomes.

People have hit "v" going up stairs to prevent stair glitches (because it sort of resets where you characters central point is or something to that effect). As funny as it may look sometimes, maybe occasionally vaulting might be a good idea for everyone.

Hawkstone    0

I've had troubles in certain areas, and usually it's if you are running and the game desyncs a bit.

Sversgrad has kind of a bridged area of town that is dangerous. I've just been running and experienced broken legs and or death. And other areas that are slightly raised up can have similar outcomes.

People have hit "v" going up stairs to prevent stair glitches (because it sort of resets where you characters central point is or something to that effect). As funny as it may look sometimes, maybe occasionally vaulting might be a good idea for everyone.

i was in elektro

Brad    158

i was in elektro

Were you running, standing still, picking something up, did you recently spawn in before you died?

J.D.    2

Its happened to me too mate. I was in one of the admin buildings at NWAF when i drank a can of Pipsi and was insta killed. Looks like that 'diabetus' got the better of me ;-P

Mikachu    26

As the people above said really. Alpha is alpha and sadly there isn't anything we can do to fix the bugs yet. Sorry you died but in the future remember - don't return to your corpse or close to it, that's breaking NLR!

/solved

Guest Artz   
Guest Artz

Though, there is still a chance that it could be KoS, because sometimes guns glitch out and you can't hear the shot.

Hawkstone    0

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

Were you running, standing still, picking something up, did you recently spawn in before you died?

just jogging out of a building i was in

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro

i was in elektro