Server time: 2017-10-17, 22:29
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
JellySkeleton

Chernarus Farming Initiative

SgP9dSW.jpg

DIG FOR SURVIVAL!

I am proposing a Farming Initiative/Safe Haven in Chernarus.

[align=left]In this community all would be welcome as long as they can provide a service of some kind. For example;

- Security

- Farm help

- Medical help

- Hunting/Fishing/Providing food

- Water Collection

You must be able to make an offer of some kind on arrival. Whether it be Garden lime, Seeds, A farming hoe, Shovel, Food, Water etc. Essentials that we would need to continue.

I am just testing the waters to see what people are feeling about this. Where would be a viable place? Maybe someone like Kami as it is by the sea for fishing as well as near other towns for loot etc.

Let me know if this is something that interests you!

Roach    1645

It's a great suggestion, however until logs become available this is to be avoided. And even with logs. What will happen is that, it will be safe for a little bit but get quickly invaded by trolls, kos, bad rp and such.

Safe Havens that are known to that type of people get destroyed pretty fast. I'm only saying this due to experience from what I've seen before. It's easy for them and sucks for the good guys.

But like I said, I love the idea :)

Diggy    0

If you keep the location fairly well hidden and spread the word via in-game you can generally contain who shows up. Obviously if you were RPing with someone and you feel they aren't the best it would be a safe bet to not even bring up the haven. If you met some cool people however and had some great RP it might be a safe bet to tell those people about it. Posting it on the forum however will ultimately lead it to being just like green mountain.

Lots of people have tried to do something similar. For example a group of police used to inhabit a town and protect their civilians. It was generally a good time, but once word would get out half the server would arrive and they would be forced to move locations.

Definitely a good idea, but maybe not the best of times to put forth all your efforts into this. I'd hate to see it be ruined for you.

I love the idea, but as John-Doe pointed out, player-protected settlements aren't viable, and apparently Rolle's not up for a rule-protected settlement, so as awesome as having some sort of food-producing collective would be, I'm afraid it's just not feasible.

Samaritan    343

It's a great idea, but I would keep this very secret and only pass information on in game. Settlements using towns have been tried but failed after a little while because their locations have been advertised on the forum. It may work if you become 'nomadic' and move to a new location every so often to keep people guessing. You would also need a significant security force of some kind to deal with any potential hostile issue that arise, even then I think you would eventually be overrun. I really like the idea and I wish you luck to get this off the ground.

Teas    1

Guba and Myshkino immediately spring to mind. Cool idea but THEY will ruin it eventually.

THEY always do.

Volke    131

Like many have suggested, no matter the good intentions, safe havens always get filled with trolls kosers and bad rpers ._. Spread the knowledge of it ICly so it's secretive ;). Perhaps somewhere on the map where people pass but it isn't too common?

Scimfaxi    0

Do it man, would be great to RP this out and come record it (I RP a camera guy whose crew got ate), along with a director/presenter. Keep it IC hidden and only talk about it on the forums, dont mention the location and then you have control of who knows about it. To a certain degree.

Coplestone    0

I agree with keeping it IC hidden, put it in a remote location, but I think nothing right now can stop trolls & KoSers to come and shit on the farming parade. Nevertheless a great idea that I'd sure get involved with.

Herbert    0

This sounds good, i have been enjoying the farming on DayZ but sadly always someone will ruin it :(

Buddy    1061

Come to Novy, We will protect you.

it was late last night that a friend and i were sneaking about the outskirts of novy.. we were trying to rescue someone we knew but theyd been taken hostage by a large group of cannibals whod taken up refuge in the church :| (US server)

i really like the concept and have wanted to join anyone whod attempt this. my only worry is a long term goal - people can only be in game to protect the settlement for so long.. and once everyone leaves, the settlement is unprotected and could be taken over / pillaged in a matter of minutes :(

Shiro    0

Come to Novy, We will protect you.

it was late last night that a friend and i were sneaking about the outskirts of novy.. we were trying to rescue someone we knew but theyd been taken hostage by a large group of cannibals whod taken up refuge in the church :| (US server)

i really like the concept and have wanted to join anyone whod attempt this. my only worry is a long term goal - people can only be in game to protect the settlement for so long.. and once everyone leaves, the settlement is unprotected and could be taken over / pillaged in a matter of minutes :(

Good thing that we don't play in the US server ;)

J.D.    2

I would be happy to help out, iv got about 50 Capsicum seeds. Best place might be a stream or small pond so you can drink the water too.

Im living in a house at the moment doing this, but only for myself atm

I would be happy to help out, iv got about 50 Capsicum seeds. Best place might be a stream or small pond so you can drink the water too.

Im living in a house at the moment doing this, but only for myself atm

This sounds great! Maybe becoming nomadic but focusing on ponds/rivers/fountains as focal points. I think we'd have to stick to the EU server at the moment as well, there's only 30 mins or so of daylight on the US ones, not great for growing!

Nickson    7

I could see this happen as a kind of strangeland pub atm, keep it on the down low, do it somewhere nobody often comes and only involve people IG'ly or the people you know and want to involve.

Personally, I'd love to run security for this place and I love the initiative, but as many have stated before, until logs this place will not be safe if you announce the location publicly or let it go out of control. Ofcourse people will find it eventually but if you keep it strictly Need-To-Know and IG knowledge then I can see this working out perfectly.

Eagle    409

this idea is great but hard to maintain as when i started i was a pumpkin farmer at green mountain giving every one food that needed it for some water so i could continue growing pumpkins but allot off raids and kosers ruin'd it in the manner that you were able to go up their and know your safe and grow a steady food supply now its a kos fest and you never know who will turn on you.

hopefully you guys will be able to do a better job then green mountain did Good Luck.

Thanks everyone for the support and advice. My friend and I have gone ahead and scouted out a few viable places. We've found somewhere for the time being so anyone that is interested is more than welcome to message me and we can discuss.

I am more than happy to continue farming. I have weapons and ammo, neither of which I'll need the use of, so I can offer these to anyone who would like to help on a protection front.

We currently need protection, hunters and general survivors willing to help out and scout out new areas/people.

We have a Medic and a Farmer (me) but will always need more farming equipment (hoes, green lime etc).

You're more than welcome if you feel you can help us continue this "safe haven".

Buddy    1061

Good thing that we don't play in the US server ;)

i will keep this in mind! i really like that town :)

- if there is a pond or a stream near by your settlement i will more than gladly sit and catch fish for a good cause!

also once persistence is re-enabled i can keep a good few stashes of fresh fish for back stock :D

also... i have a very rare blood type that i think would be very helpful for your medical needs. ( O- universal donor ) ive always got a few filled blood bags on me that i would more than happily share :)

Thanks everyone for the support and advice. My friend and I have gone ahead and scouted out a few viable places. We've found somewhere for the time being so anyone that is interested is more than welcome to message me and we can discuss.

I am more than happy to continue farming. I have weapons and ammo, neither of which I'll need the use of, so I can offer these to anyone who would like to help on a protection front.

We currently need protection, hunters and general survivors willing to help out and scout out new areas/people.

We have a Medic and a Farmer (me) but will always need more farming equipment (hoes, green lime etc).

You're more than welcome if you feel you can help us continue this "safe haven".

My character Od is a hunter, i would gladly join and bring some nice fresh juicy dripping beefs home and mabye also help with the security if needed be