Server time: 2017-10-17, 05:58
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
truex

Game keeps closing in DAYRP servers

Question

truex    0

Guys my game keeps closing on the dayzrp servers i have tried public seems okay , i did have a temp ban as i was required to submit POV but should of been removed now could it still be there and its kicking me once in game ?

27 answers to this question

Owen    14

/moving to troubleshooting

Roach    1645

When you say closing, do you mean like it crashes to desktop or that you get on the server and then kicked out back to the menu/server list?

truex    0

When you say closing, do you mean like it crashes to desktop or that you get on the server and then kicked out back to the menu/server list?

kicked to desktop (vstrange)

Roach    1645

Nah that's not a kick from DayZRP at all. Your game is crashing which seems to happen from time to time with some players. Out of nowhere game crash while in-game. Happened to me.

Go to your steam games library, right click on DAYZ, select properties, select the Local Files tab and then verify integrity of game cache. Usually fixes it for most and myself when it happened.

Hope this helps :)

truex    0

if i do reinstall of game will i lose my charcter / gear /spawn position ? can i copy my docs then paste them back in once re-installed

Roach    1645

if i do reinstall of game will i lose my charcter / gear /spawn position ? can i copy my docs then paste them back in once re-installed

Your character is saved in a database online so you're safe for that. However you might lose any settings you had made (custom hotkeys, graph settings and such). But if you backup the right Config files, you'll be able to copy them back over.

I do recommend you do what I said before though to see if that fixes it for you :)

Toska    0

You will keep your character. Your character is saved on the server's of DayZ, so there's no need for docs etc.

truex    0

Nah that's not a kick from DayZRP at all. Your game is crashing which seems to happen from time to time with some players. Out of nowhere game crash while in-game. Happened to me.

Go to your steam games library, right click on DAYZ, select properties, select the Local Files tab and then verify integrity of game cache. Usually fixes it for most and myself when it happened.

Hope this helps :)

yeah tried this no joy :-( gonna do re-install see if that fixes will let you all know thanks for comments

truex    0

done a full re-install had one crash will test again tonight

Nope my game still keeps crashing really frustrating just crashed in a build up grrrr

Mikachu    26

done a full re-install had one crash will test again tonight

Nope my game still keeps crashing really frustrating just crashed in a build up grrrr

Sounds good so far - Give us another update tonight and heres hoping it's fixed

EDIT: dat timing :D

Hmm, does your PC give any errors when the game crashes?

truex    0

no that's the strange thing and it closes steam down as well

Mikachu    26

no that's the strange thing and it closes steam down as well

What specs are your PC please?

truex    0

i7 4770k

8gb 1800 ram

Ati 7990

all on custom water loop

Win 8.1

Mikachu    26

Does it do this with any other game? And does it do it on other servers?

truex    0

it does not do it on any other game and never use to do it on dayz but does now? i feeling full wipe may cure it

Mikachu    26

Probably yes sorry :/

I would suggest trying it if you can

truex    0

going close every background process down to see if anything conflicting first

Lil_Beefy    0

Have a look over the below screenshot and try the solutions listed.

687ee071db.png

Update us on the situation once you're done.

truex    0

Seems to be a background process that is causing the conflict I closed everything in background game seems ok so I need to fetch them up one by one to find the issue will keep you updated on my progress

Cid    333

Seems to be a background process that is causing the conflict I closed everything in background game seems ok so I need to fetch them up one by one to find the issue will keep you updated on my progress

Do you have a general idea on what processes you run in the background?

truex    0

i run amd got a feeling its raptr software will let u know as im trying different combos

Cid    333

Taking a look at the internet (based google) it seems like Raptr causes a few games to crash or there is suspicion that Raptr is causing games to crash. Games like Minecraft, WoW, other steam games, etc. I don't see anything specifically DayZ yet, but it might be worth to try and not run Raptr while playing DayZ.

KpopKilla    74

Few questions to try to narrow your problem down.

Do you run dual monitors?

While playing do you have any background programs running?

When you are kicked to the desktop do you get any error, crash or does the program just shut itself down?

truex    0

right guys im at a loss with this one

Ive done full windows wipe still getting drops back to desktop. I'm now thinking its something to to with render seems more stable below 100% which would be 1920x1080

My card should handle it as it MSI 7990

i think it might actually be steam thats crashing which then closes dayz. but only doing on this game