Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 07:44

Alfie perma ban appeal - banter, renaming threads, immature behaviour

Guest Alfie

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

I sadly can't find it but it was my Standalone thread.

Why the verdict is not fair:

When the title changing went on, I wasn't warned by any staff until I got banned. And despite any warnings, I was still permanently banned as the first and final punishment, the most severe punishment was given for someone changing the title of their own thread. Now, I know it was immature, but it wasn't inappropriate, I didn't link any thing NSFW, and the titles didn't include anything which could upset someone or go against the rules. I haven't had any history of severe trolling, I did get a TS ban in October however that was an accident and I wasn't trolling or intending to. The only other warning I have ever received was for a comment on my own clan page to a clan mate/friend, as you can see I haven't had any other cases of severe trolling.

This was my first 'major' offence, and I was permabanned for it, it isn't fair to ban someone who had no previous history of bad behaviour under the conditions "immature behaviour, banter, renaming threads". If I had known about this type of punishments for those situations I obviously wouldn't have done it, and I think that every other open minded person here would have thought the same. Renaming your own thread to something harmless shouldn't be a reason for a straight up permaban.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

When I changed the titles, I wasn't doing it to get banned, I was just bored and messing about, I don't know which staff member is was but one of them kept changing it back. Despite the ongoing changing the the title, there were no warnings, messagesm, PMs, or any communication. I thought it was just some fun and wasn't doing it to cause harm or get myself banned.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

To be unbanned, if deemed necessary even a prolonged warning.

What could you have done better?:

Thought twice and not have changed the title of the thread

• Legend

I have to admit, this appeal is not what I had hoped.

You spend a majority of it stating that the ban itself was unfair rather then owning up to your own actions and attempting to show us that you regret them.

Do you at all regret them outside of the obvious regret for losing your DayZRP spot?

You also claim that if you had known about how you would be punished you would not have done it. You may not have known this would earn your a permanent ban but you surely knew that it was both entirely inappropriate and against the communities rules. We absolutely emphasize maturity and discourage trollish behavior. So my question is, did you think that it was a good idea because you thought your punishment would be insignificant or at least less than a permanent ban?

I have to admit, this appeal is not what I had hoped.

You spend a majority of it stating that the ban itself was unfair rather then owning up to your own actions and attempting to show us that you regret them.

Do you at all regret them outside of the obvious regret for losing your DayZRP spot?

You also claim that if you had known about how you would be punished you would not have done it. You may not have known this would earn your a permanent ban but you surely knew that it was both entirely inappropriate and against the communities rules. We absolutely emphasize maturity and discourage trollish behavior. So my question is, did you think that it was a good idea because you thought your punishment would be insignificant or at least less than a permanent ban?

Apologies then, I do own up to my actions and I accept that I acted immaturely and it was wrong. Of course I regret doing it and losing my spot on DayZRP.

I did know at the time it was childish, but I genuinely thought it would have ended in something less as it seemed like just banter and from my experience permabans aren't handed to people who changed the title of their own thread. Which I didn't realise was was a bannable offence, and that was entirely my mistake as I hadn't checked up with the rules in some time. I didn't think it was a good idea, at the time I didn't really think at all, however when I did it I didn't do it to pursue any type of punishment and it wasn't what I had at mind.

• Legend

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

After reviewing what you have posted we have come to the conclusion that this appeal is non - genuine. You do not seem to fully appreciate why you were banned or what was wrong with your previous actions. You still seem to belittle the situation in its entirety.

The original ban was fully justified and frankly nothing substantive has been shown to allow us to feel confident in letting you back into the community.

Outcome

Permanent ban remains.