Server time: 2017-10-19, 10:59
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
Pepe

Rules about movement - NNM(Non-Natural Movement)

Pepe    1

So I've noticed that alot of players move around in very unnatural ways, which is very immersion breaking, during firefights this is understandable, but just hanging out somewhere seeing players move around or run around in "gamey" ways is a bit annoying at times, I catch myself in it too and I try to move naturally as best I can, like if Im jogging around I try to smooth my turning movements by moving the mouse a bit slower to make the movement seem more natural and I feel this adds to the experience.

Maybe we should add something about this to the ruleset? I don't think it should be something that is punished very hard, but adding a NNM(Non-Natural Movement) rule woud not be so bad in my opinion, what do you guys think?

Diggy    0

I can see where you are coming from. I don't know about adding it to the actual rules, but maybe you could make a guide to help show people how to move around more naturally as you say. I find it annoying too when you're trying to have some good RP at a place and people are just sprinting around and shit.

Samaritan    344

Unfortunately I think it would be difficult to enforce and unrealistic to do so, as you stated even you are guilty of it. It is just a part of the game and fair play to you to try to minimize it but I don't think it could be a punishable rule break unless it would be seen as 'trolling' behaviour and that is already covered in the rules.

EDIT: Diggy has a good idea with making a guide to help people to minimize them making 'gamey/unrealistic'' movements. I think this is the way to go with the issue.

Pepe    1

Yeah I was thinking the same, about the guide, but Im not really that good with video editing and such but would be more than happy to be the actor and narrator if anyone could record and edit together something.

Pepe's Guide to RP movement has a good ring to it :v

Unfortunately I think it would be difficult to enforce and unrealistic to do so, as you stated even you are guilty of it. It is just a part of the game and fair play to you to try to minimize it but I don't think it could be a punishable rule break unless it would be seen as 'trolling' behaviour and that is already covered in the rules.

EDIT: Diggy has a good idea with making a guide to help people to minimize them making 'gamey/unrealistic'' movements.

Yeah enforcing it is unrealistic, but having a little section about it in the ruleset would help out alot, something like "Natural movement is encouraged when RPing around several players"

Vornac    1

Yeah I was thinking the same, about the guide, but Im not really that good with video editing and such but would be more than happy to be the actor and narrator if anyone could record and edit together something.

Pepe's Guide to RP movement has a good ring to it :v

+10 !

Just like how people can see you coming over walls and such, breaks the immersion something fierce.

Samaritan    344

Just like how people can see you coming over walls and such, breaks the immersion something fierce.

Get yourself in S3, 1st person only :)

Huzzah!

Pepe    1

Huzzah!

S3 + Oculus rift = Win

Caesar    438

Especially atm with people getting pulses unnatural movements are kind of needed. I do it, admittedly I try to avoid it but being able to enforce the server rules is a priority of mine.

Guest neom   
Guest neom

I think adding a rule for movement is just going a step to far, do you want people to walk everywhere aswell?

I understand there is some frustration with people bolta g about like they are on speed when your trying to rp with them, if this is the case make a report for breaking your immersion,

Or get there name and tell a senior memeber of staff to have a word with them.

Adding a rule is quite frankly a step to far.

Vandy    34

I happen to run into "bandit dancers" allot :)

People strafing left and right, dancing around.

Maybe the "badrp rule" should be renamed to "non rp - behavior"

and include the dancing as non-rp behavior.