Server time: 2017-10-21, 10:18
Safe Zone: OPEN

Sign in to follow this  
DogtheHunter

If you die to a glitch, are you allowed to retrieve your gear?

Question

I had just survived a robbery, and managed to find some decent gear afterwards. I was looting around more before I went on the hunt for the perpetrators, but as I walked up a staircase I instantly died. No gunshot, no one around, just instant death.

I ran back and retrieved my gear, which only had damage in the legs, proving it was a staircase glitch. But I then remembered that you weren't allowed to retrieve your gear after death. I'll drop it if I must, but my understanding is that this rule's purpose is to preserve RP. Wouldn't RP be better preserved if my long-time character continued to live on, instead of just vanishing due to some ridiculous glitch? I had a story that was creating itself, and if I have to relinquish my gear my story will be impossible to complete.

Also, if it means anything, I didn't commit suicide to get a closer spawn, I spawned near Elektro the first time.

14 answers to this question

Diggy    0

No exceptions. You cannot take the gear off your dead body. It would be awkward and ruin immersion for people. I am pretty sure however that you should be able to at least return to the area you died at as long as your body has disappeared. I'm not sure though, they used to be pretty tolerant with glitch deaths.

SweetJoe    390

Did you not read the rules?

f59bcb4409.png

If you die to a glitch you need permission from a gamemaster or higher to go back near the location of your body.

No exceptions.

Not true, there are exceptions but only if you have been given permission by a member of staff. The proper procedure would have been to go up to the help desk and explain your situation then a member of staff shall decided whether or not you can go back there.

Rolle    2958

f59bcb4409.png

If you die to a glitch you need permission from a gamemaster or higher to go back near the location of your body.

Question is, have YOU read the rules :D

No exceptions, has been removed in SA rules.

SweetJoe    390

f59bcb4409.png

That portion was never in the rules Rolle. It was unwritten. Your admin team and your GM team used to tell people all the time. Take it up with them.

Rolle    2958

f59bcb4409.png

That portion was never in the rules Rolle. It was unspoken. Your admin team and your GM team used to tell people all the time.

I'm pretty sure it was there. I'd dig the old rules up, but on my mobile. Either way the answer now is no, never.

SweetJoe    390

That portion was never in the rules Rolle. It was unspoken. Your admin team and your GM team used to tell people all the time.

I'm pretty sure it was there. I'd dig the old rules up, but on my mobile. Either way the answer now is no, never.

I like that, and i can agree with it.

Funnily enough, I was on another server today when I died (to bleeding, not a glitch) inside of a building, and then respawned, ran into the building 50m ahead of me, and there was my corpse.

First thing I thought was "Wouldn't it be funny if that happened on the RP server?"

Vandy    34

Funnily enough, I was on another server today when I died (to bleeding, not a glitch) inside of a building, and then respawned, ran into the building 50m ahead of me, and there was my corpse.

First thing I thought was "Wouldn't it be funny if that happened on the RP server?"

That happened to me numerous times on other servers.

A group of bandits killed me (I was a freshspawn) at elektro. I spawned again, 200 meters from them. Ran into their building, talking to them again. It was funny I was there again. We all had a laugh and eventuyally I had a bullet to the head again.

Thing is, I spawned again within 500 meters, going over the whole process again. Although the 3rd time I thought they would have let me live.

After the laughter I took another bullet...

Back on-topic. No you can not get back to your body, not even when you got glitched out. Like I had yesterday :( RIP Marko Balkanic....

Yes it used to be in the rules and we intentionally left it out as we no longer are allowing it.

So if your friend dies from a glitch in front of your very eyes, are you not allowed to loot their gear? not trying to find a workaround just wondering :)

Valkerion    0

So if your friend dies from a glitch in front of your very eyes, are you not allowed to loot their gear? not trying to find a workaround just wondering :)

You can loot your friend you're friend however can not come back and loot himself

You can loot your friend you're friend however can not come back and loot himself

Okay thanks for the info :)

Valkerion    0

Yes it used to be in the rules and we intentionally left it out as we no longer are allowing it.

Its also a lot less likely you will get back there in time as well I have noticed bodies on the SA despawn after about 20-30 minutes anyway unlike in the mod where they only disappeared on server restart.