Server time: 2017-08-22, 20:47

Sign in to follow this  
Adam Clift

Not Trust Worthy

Question

Adam Clift    0

Hey after reading a few threads I became curious if it is ok to approach someone and if they don't seem to friendly but don't pull anything is it ok to shoot in the leg to disable them or handcuff without good reason until you are sure of this person then afterwards fix any broken bones or unlock handcuffs and go on your way I thought it was a no go but after a few threads it got a little hazy ? Thanks

9 answers to this question

No. You must initiate hostilities no matter what. You cannot just shoot someone because you suspect they may not be friendly. If you question someone's friendliness, do what any survivor would do and avoid them.

Cid    333

As Diggy said, you can't just shoot people because they are suspicious. If you think they are suspicious just avoid them outright. If you wish to handcuff someone initiate hostilities and question them, do not just randomly handcuff people.

Does this answer your question?

There are different levels of action on the server. Most of these aren't technically defined within the rules, but are helpful guidelines.

Neutral actions are just typical, non-aligned communications or interactions, such as greetings, casual exchange of information, that sort of thing. They're the most common on DayZRP.

Friendly actions are actions that help people, such as giving food, medical attention, water, or other supplies or assistance. If you take friendly actions with someone else, depending on that person's current situation, you can be considered part of their group. For example, providing medical assistance to someone during the lull in a firefight can get you shot, and it may be ruled a legitimate shooting since you were aiding people in a fight. However, typically, there is little risk to friendly actions.

Unfriendly actions are actions that can cause hostility or antagonize, but do not directly grant the target KOS rights. These include, but are not limited to, pointing guns at people, acting in a suspicious manner such as surrounding a person or lurking in the bushes nearby, calling out insults or ambiguous threats, and the like. Despite the fact that unfriendly actions can raise tensions and provoke anger, they are not justification for attacking a person.

Hostile actions are actions that grant the target of those actions KOS rights on you and, possibly, your group. Hostile actions include, but are not limited to, ordering (not asking) someone to drop their weapons or gear, stealing from another player, attempting to handcuff another player, directly assisting the target's enemies in a firefight, and refusing to comply with demands made under threat of force.

Violent actions are actions that directly or indirectly inflict harm or injury on another player. They include shooting someone, hitting them with a melee attack, feeding them poisoned food, or stripping them of food, water, or protective clothing when they're already in dire need of them, such as taking food from a starving man, or taking the raincoat from someone that's out in the rainy wilderness. This includes failing to protect them from zombies if they're your hostage. Violent actions require either KOS rights or revenge rights, and the latter require the event leading to the violent action to be roleplayed out extensively, such as in an assassination, execution, or similar action.

The rules on revenge rights (that is, killing someone after KOS rights have expired) are very complex, and if you're not intimately familiar with them you should not even consider trying to carry them out, because you could end up with a ban strike for KOS.

Adam Clift    0

Thank you for the replies I might not of frazed my words as well as I'd liked to. Referring to the guidelines above let's say this survivor is using unfriendly actions not Kos worthy but definitely questionable would this grant a pass to disable the survivor any means nessacery whether be to break his legs or handcuff

Tamaster92    14

Thank you for the replies I might not of frazed my words as well as I'd liked to. Referring to the guidelines above let's say this survivor is using unfriendly actions not Kos worthy but definitely questionable would this grant a pass to disable the survivor any means nessacery whether be to break his legs or handcuff

You cannot harm another player in any way unless you first initiate hostilities against them (ie demanding something or warning them to stop or you will shoot etc)

Simply being shady or unfriendly does NOT give KOS rights.

Does that help you? :)

You cannot harm another player in any way unless you first initiate hostilities against them (ie demanding something or warning them to stop or you will shoot etc)

Does that help you? :)

You can not inflict harm on another player without having kos rights, shooting in the leg like that would be considered RDM and against the rule. What you can do is initiate on them and disarm if your character doesn't feel safe, but the consequences of that is that you give said player kos rights on yourself. Also if your victim is 100% complying to your demands you can not harm them, only if they do not comply...example, you tell them "DROP THE FUCKING GUN NOW!" and they attempt to shoot you, then you may harm them...hopes this answers you question:)

Adam Clift    0

Yeah thanks I was a little unclear if harming them to disable them was still considered RDM or KOS thanks for the clarification

Cid    333

No problem man, glad we could help.

Answer:

I'd also like to add that Lucia got the revenge rights mixed up. Revenge rights are the 2 hours you have with KoS rights, not something that you gain after KoS rights end.

/solving