Server time: 2017-10-19, 14:48
Safe Zone: CLOSED

Sign in to follow this  
Tethan

KoS: Situational Question

Question

Tethan    0

An interesting situation unfolded today at Green Mountain. I had been there a while, did a bit of trading and RP for fun. I decide to make a trip up to the military camp NNE of Green Mountain. I go there, get a few things I need, head back to Green Mountain to trade again.

I arrive at Green Mountain, as I walk up to the gate, I see all the people (4) that I had been talking to before laying on the ground. I'm on the road, not even in the gate, and they just yell "RUN!". I haven't seen any hostiles, but I take their advice and start running into the woods. Immediately a sniper from the tower itself opens fire on me....

I'm just curious if this fits in the rules regarding acceptable KoS? I sort of feel like it would be agains't the rules since I wasn't actually grouped with those guys in any way, and the hostile players did not do any sort of RP with me before opening fire. In their defense they could have assumed I was with the people already at Green Mountain, or confused me with one of their hostages that was running perhaps. But still, I would think they should be a tad more careful about who they gun down.

Thanks,

Tethan

4 answers to this question

IAmJackBandit    77

An interesting situation unfolded today at Green Mountain. I had been there a while, did a bit of trading and RP for fun. I decide to make a trip up to the military camp NNE of Green Mountain. I go there, get a few things I need, head back to Green Mountain to trade again.

I arrive at Green Mountain, as I walk up to the gate, I see all the people (4) that I had been talking to before laying on the ground. I'm on the road, not even in the gate, and they just yell "RUN!". I haven't seen any hostiles, but I take their advice and start running into the woods. Immediately a sniper from the tower itself opens fire on me....

I'm just curious if this fits in the rules regarding acceptable KoS? I sort of feel like it would be agains't the rules since I wasn't actually grouped with those guys in any way, and the hostile players did not do any sort of RP with me before opening fire. In their defense they could have assumed I was with the people already at Green Mountain, or confused me with one of their hostages that was running perhaps. But still, I would think they should be a tad more careful about who they gun down.

Thanks,

Tethan

I agree with you on the point that they may have thought you were with the group at GM but at the same time they need to learn to identify their targets better, I would suggest you put up a report discussion to get the opinions of the community and possibly get the pov of the accused...

Tethan    0

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly have no idea who was was shooting at me. In fact I'm not even sure the guys being held up were the people I was hanging out with previously, although I'm fairly sure a few of them were.

In either case, I wasn't very irked by dying in the situation. It wasn't an instant death, I took a shot to the leg from the sniper while fleeing, did some first aid on myself in some bushes, and exchanged fire with 2 persuers and the sniper in the tower, eventually being gunned down by automatic fire from 2 sides. A glorious way to die in any case, despite being an innocent bystander at the start :P

Johnny_peet    0

In the rules it explains how you must figure out a players identity before you do anything to avoid misunderstandings so it technically does file under attempted KOS.

IAmJackBandit    77

Thanks for the reply.

I honestly have no idea who was was shooting at me. In fact I'm not even sure the guys being held up were the people I was hanging out with previously, although I'm fairly sure a few of them were.

In either case, I wasn't very irked by dying in the situation. It wasn't an instant death, I took a shot to the leg from the sniper while fleeing, did some first aid on myself in some bushes, and exchanged fire with 2 persuers and the sniper in the tower, eventually being gunned down by automatic fire from 2 sides. A glorious way to die in any case, despite being an innocent bystander at the start :P

I am glad I could help;) Remember if you feel a rule has been broking you have a right to open a report discussion here http://www.dayzrp.com/f-report-discussion

With that being said I will mark this as solved...

/solving