what server?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. what server?

• S1
    • S2
    • S3
    • None

Blizzard    0

So what I would like to suggest is to enable persistence on one of the servers. I always liked persistence, Finding notes, Making stashes , and little settlements. Well seeing as we have 3 servers now It wouldn't hurt to turn persistence on atleast 1 of them , now the qustion is what server should we do it too.

Post your opinion and/or vote on what server you would like to see persistence put onto.

voice your opinion below, I posted this thread to have honest criticism on the subject.

Brad    155

So what I would like to suggest is to enable persistence on one of the servers. I always liked persistence, Finding notes, Making stashes , and little settlements. Well seeing as we have 3 servers now It wouldn't hurt to turn persistence on atleast 1 of them , now the qustion is what server should we do it too.

Post your opinion and/or vote on what server you would like to see persistence put onto.

my only thought will be people will server hop to get loot and then store it on one the enabled server.

Bryce_    1

Disabling persistance was a fantastic idea. Just play for a bit. The server is no longer crashing every 5 minutes and if you play for long enough you will see the beauty in that.

Blizzard    0

Id rather have crashing then no persistence, The only reason I stopped playing the mod was for the persistence. The first person only server is nice, now i know everyone sees as I do atleast.

Tamaster92    14

why is there no option for no servers?

Enabling it on one server would be useless, people would loot on the others and bring that loot to the persistent server. It would be full of tents and stashes and little else

Wait for patch and hopefully we can turn it back on properly

Unknown Entity    126

I'd have to say on server 3, but on a different hive.

I would go with the no in general option, but the next best thing would be to pick the server 3.

HellsGamer    0

If any server it should be on it's S3. Since S3 forces first person it's the closest to realism and thus should also follow the persistence route. Though if the crashes increase on that server functionality is always better then shiny bells and whistles. If you have your dream car parked in your driveway, but it doesn't have an engine then there's no point in having it anyway. Minus for it to look nice lol

Brad    155

-snip-

Persistence is Awesome, when it works. But causing restarts every ten minutes, destroys any roleplay immersion going on.

Until it can work with a full server cycle, keep it off completely in my opinion.

Blizzard    0

why is there no option for no servers?

Enabling it on one server would be useless, people would loot on the others and bring that loot to the persistent server. It would be full of tents and stashes and little else

Wait for patch and hopefully we can turn it back on properly

crap forgot the no server option,well im hopeing they fix things in .53 and stabilize it a bit more so we can just enable it in general. I miss persistence, no fun when everyones nomadic. if someone claims something you wouldnt know unless your around that area all the time.

-snip-

Persistence is Awesome, when it works. But causing restarts every ten minutes, destroys any roleplay immersion going on.

Until it can work with a full server cycle, keep it off completely in my opinion.

crashing every 10 mins is exaggerating a bit isn't it? at worst when the server peaked it crashed every hour and 30 mins give or take, and 2 and a half hours when the server had less people. It was manageable if you were role playing and not getting into firefights as the server crashed.

Brad    155

-snip-

crashing every 10 mins is exaggerating a bit isn't it? at worst when the server peaked it crashed every hour and 30 mins give or take, and 2 and a half hours when the server had less people. It was manageable if you were role playing and not getting into firefights as the server crashed.

It was exaggeration but my point was: with persistence on it crashed, a lot. Literally the day it was turned off I was able to see my first 5 minute server reset warning. As in it actually made it through a complete cycle.

Like I said before. The persistence is a fun and exciting challenge that I like, but not at the cost random and accelerated restarts.

steffanwulf    0

While I do enjoy the heck out of persistence, I really really REALLY don't like random crashes, especially when I'm in the middle of RP.... or fishing.

Persistence being off isn't so bad. Yeah, can't use tents or leave notes (any longer than a few hours)... but those are such small parts of gameplay it doesn't bother me.

I always find when I have a tent, I end up stashing a bunch of stuff I never use, anyway... lol.

Hopefully, a patch in the near future will help fix the stability problems (and those damned nonsensical loot cycling explosions... it's just ridiculous). I would be ALL ABOUT persistence if I knew there'd be some stability.

But for now, I'm totally fine with it being off. And it hasn't stopped me from having a "base" of operations... I still hang out in the same area I'd make my "camp". I often find I spend a lot of time fishing and staring at the scenery anyway.

Frayzies    6

I would also enjoy if hardcore was turned on S3. First-person-only and no crosshair dot sounds awesome to me.

Caesar    438

I would rather just wait until it is fixed and then bring it to all servers. Putting back such a problematic system right now is just going to cause significant amounts of frustration.

-snip-

It was exaggeration but my point was: with persistence on it crashed, a lot. Literally the day it was turned off I was able to see my first 5 minute server reset warning. As in it actually made it through a complete cycle.

Like I said before. The persistence is a fun and exciting challenge that I like, but not at the cost random and accelerated restarts.

Prior to persistence being on we didn't actually have normal restarts. It seems useless.

Vaine    23

persistence being off in my eyes has greatly reduced decent RP .

No more random communities popping up in towns.which made the server something special.

The notes scattered were awesome.

Without it the game has become suitable for a 3 year old.

Go through one town and your geared to the teeth.

Every cunt and their granny is out hunting heli crashes.

Frankly the game is too easy to the point where there is no challenge.

This would be fine if RP was sitting at a camp fire because you dont have anything to do but sit and talk about the weather and that was it...but it is not. The survival aspect is gone.

Robbing someone now would be considered bad RP since everyone has everything.

Couldnt give a fuck about the gear but the rule of having a reason comes into play..

Reports of 10 guys with ak's initiating on you for your ak which they don't need. Robbing is then made null and void as it would be bad RP to rob them for shit everyone already has, but at same time it's shit RP to rob someone and not take anything.sure you can leave them everything but not every time. Otherwise where is the fear factor of bandits ?.but if you take anything it's a poor reason . That can go round in a loop.

I do hope persistence returns as for me and many in my group this normal server crap is killing the motivation to play.

Christ everyone in Blackwood ATM has at least a ak/akm

I myself have seen no improvement to the server other than it doesn't crash as much but instead has constant huge lag spikes

Vandy    34

Just as Caesar mentioned. Let's just hope persistence is fixed in the upcomming patch.

When it fixes the server stabilities, I reckon it should be added on all the servers again.

Yokai    0

persistence being off in my eyes has greatly reduced decent RP .

No more random communities popping up in towns.which made the server something special.

The notes scattered were awesome.

Without it the game has become suitable for a 3 year old.

Go through one town and your geared to the teeth.

Every cunt and their granny is out hunting heli crashes.

Frankly the game is too easy to the point where there is no challenge.

This would be fine if RP was sitting at a camp fire because you dont have anything to do but sit and talk about the weather and that was it...but it is not. The survival aspect is gone.

Robbing someone now would be considered bad RP since everyone has everything.

Couldnt give a fuck about the gear but the rule of having a reason comes into play..

Reports of 10 guys with ak's initiating on you for your ak which they don't need. Robbing is then made null and void as it would be bad RP to rob them for shit everyone already has, but at same time it's shit RP to rob someone and not take anything.sure you can leave them everything but not every time. Otherwise where is the fear factor of bandits ?.but if you take anything it's a poor reason . That can go round in a loop.

I do hope persistence returns as for me and many in my group this normal server crap is killing the motivation to play.

Christ everyone in Blackwood ATM has at least a ak/akm

I myself have seen no improvement to the server other than it doesn't crash as much but instead has constant huge lag spikes

100% agreed. Since there's no chance for staff to enable it on S1/S2.. how about throw it on S3?? Two reasons: 1) No one plays on there... so maybe there won't be crashes from it.. 2) No one plays there so it might bring a little more attention to it!

Guest killsumbud   
Guest killsumbud

I see the points about people looting on the other servers and then switching to persistence. Forgive me if this was mentioned, but why not have S3 persistence on, hardcore and on a private/not shared betweent he other. then us hardcore people would know right quick if we like what we are asking for :D

ps: death to loot cyclers

Guest neom   
Guest neom

Why do people like persistence...its not as much fun...

Couldn't of said it better, if it worked properly then it would be good but it doesn't sadly

Why do people like persistence...its not as much fun...

Because it means that there is actual military loot at the bases at other times than 10 minutes after restarts. It means that if they die to a glitch, they can get back to their bodies and not worry about the server restarting. It means that they can have communities, where they can make stashes and storage areas over time.

Persistence greatly increased RP and decreased people running around, simply looking for the best loot.

gr1ves    3

I've always thought that S3 should be hardcore mode (first person, no crosshairs) on a different hive, with persistence until persistence is more stable and then it should be added to S1 and S2.

Buddy    846

I don't recall which thread it's in, but I'm fairly sure that Rolle made a statement clarifying that persistence would be re-enabled on all servers once stability issues were resolved... and not until then. So a vote is kind of void :3

..... As badly as I want it back now :D

Endgame    0
my only thought will be people will server hop to get loot and then store it on one the enabled server.

Yeah, this would ruin it for sure, so private shard?

It means that if they die to a glitch, they can get back to their bodies and not worry about the server restarting.

Currently illegal to do, don't go near or loot your body for any reason after death.

...But the RP that it will bring makes me salivate. I started running around in the persistence-off mode without a backpack and was never worried about starving because everywhere there is food. But with persistence-on, and with .53 bringing crafte-able canteens, along with the already crafte-able packs we got, there will be some serious a-hunting and a-trapping like turn of the century frontierism! Oh boi!