Server time: 2017-08-19, 01:51

Sign in to follow this  
Nova_Ethridge

Always night or dusk?

What's with the time on the sever? It seems that no matter when I play, it's always either night time, or the sun is setting.

I've played in the evening, in the morning, in the wee early hours, and it's always, always either night or becoming night. Does the server not have a daylight cycle?

Rolle    2450

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12.

Rolle    2450

4PM should still be light, I believe it gets dark around 6PM in game?

Yeah, maybe. I got on right after a restart last night and had about an hour before it started getting dark.

Still a tad annoying to always be playing at night since S2 is the only server I get a reasonable connection to. Could we set it to, like, 2PM or something? Seems unfair that S1 players get permanent daylight and S2 players don't, since I can't really play well on S1 due to my location.

Yeah, maybe. I got on right after a restart last night and had about an hour before it started getting dark.

Still a tad annoying to always be playing at night since S2 is the only server I get a reasonable connection to. Could we set it to, like, 2PM or something? Seems unfair that S1 players get permanent daylight and S2 players don't, since I can't really play well on S1 due to my location.

Yeah. After every restart there is some day light. But not a for very long. Every time I jump on the sun is setting and kind of hard for a good role play when everyone thinks that we all slept for over 24hrs. But I guess that's what happens. I would like it if we got the time around 12pm, that would be great. At least we have some day light for a longer period of time.

Bxmerk    0

I dont even care about it being 24-7 night but that rain. rain every 5 seconds!

Zero    277

Eh, for a week or so I have yet to see 'transitioning' times. It's either noon, or always night time, which is kind of annoying.. When I first started playing, it was constantly changing as time went on, two hours I would be searching towns for survivors, then the sun would slowly begin to set over the horizon as I looked down a hill. Have yet to experience that in a while, but I still have fun none the less. :/

Vandy    34

Eh, for a week or so I have yet to see 'transitioning' times. It's either noon, or always night time, which is kind of annoying.. When I first started playing, it was constantly changing as time went on, two hours I would be searching towns for survivors, then the sun would slowly begin to set over the horizon as I looked down a hill. Have yet to experience that in a while, but I still have fun none the less. :/

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times' date=' currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12.[/quote']

The thing is with Rolle's quote, random server crashes have ruined this rotation a bit. and if I'm not mistaken, admins can adjust the times on S1 and S2 after each restart. So that might by the thing you are pointing out here.