Server time: 2017-08-17, 02:05

Sign in to follow this  
DJScotchTape

Authentication Timeout?

Question

DJScotchTape    11

Hello fellow survivors. I've been trying to play some DayZRP on the standalone servers for the past hour or two, but I keep getting kicked from the game for "authentication timeout". Does anyone know why this is? And if so, how do I fix it?

Thanks!!

8 answers to this question

steffanwulf    0

I've had this happen to me before. The only way I've found to fix it is to close DayZ entirely, and maybe even restart Steam. This has worked for me... once I reload Steam and DayZ, I'm able to get in without getting kicked back out due to Authentication Timeout.

If you go into your dayz file on steam and verify integrity it cleans through it. I did this when I had problems and it worked for me. I hope it works out for you .

DJScotchTape    11

If you go into your dayz file on steam and verify integrity it cleans through it. I did this when I had problems and it worked for me. I hope it works out for you .

I'll give it a shot! Appreciate it!

DJScotchTape    11

I've had this happen to me before. The only way I've found to fix it is to close DayZ entirely, and maybe even restart Steam. This has worked for me... once I reload Steam and DayZ, I'm able to get in without getting kicked back out due to Authentication Timeout.

Yeah it's happened to me before this time as well, but usually I had launched from my desktop, and not steam so I'd just have to launch the game through Steam to fix it. Doesn't seem to want to work this time around. I'll verify the game via Steam though. I'll let you know if it works.

/moved to Troubleshooting