Server time: 2017-08-22, 12:54

Sign in to follow this  
elgiri

If i die from a bug?

Question

elgiri    5

If I die from the random death bug, am i allowed to go get my stuff back?

I was on top of a building and died randomly.

8 answers to this question

Tamaster92    14

No sorry. NLR still applies to bug deaths too

Cid    333

As of right now, there is no ability to actually monitor if you have died from a glitch or not. We understand that DayZ SA is super buggy, but no matter what you should NOT return to the area of your body within the 90 minutes or loot your body.

Does this answer you question?

elgiri    5

As of right now, there is no ability to actually monitor if you have died from a glitch or not. We understand that DayZ SA is super buggy, but no matter what you should NOT return to the area of your body within the 90 minutes or loot your body.

Does this answer you question?

Yes it does

Cid    333

People die from glitches all the time, we just got to deal with it until the game becomes more polished.

/solved

Really? I'm assuming that's a temporary rule due to the lack of logs in SA? I could have sworn that at one point NLR didn't apply to bug-related deaths, but I've been gone for a while, so did the rule change during that period of time?

Tamaster92    14

Really? I'm assuming that's a temporary rule due to the lack of logs in SA? I could have sworn that at one point NLR didn't apply to bug-related deaths, but I've been gone for a while, so did the rule change during that period of time?

Yeah, in the mod it didn't but it was abused to frequently and has been changed for standalone

Rolle    2457

Yes, we changed that rule. We used to grant permission to return to the body in case the death was caused by a bug, but we have decided against using that in SA because of 2 reasons:

1. Unable to verify the claims of death caused by a bug most of the time - even in the mod we had no way of verifying if the death was indeed caused by a bug or was legitimate. In SA without any kind of admin tools it's impossible. Despite that we usually granted these requests which lead to...

2. Abuse of that rule to return to your body and get your gear back, even when you died from a zombie or fell from a roof for example.