Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 14:01

Your favorite weapon!

Tell me, what weapon do you think is the best? Mosin? Shotgun? And tell me why!

Personally i love the improvised bow. It is silent and it can kill with 1 hit to the chest area. The arrows can be made really easily.

mp133-1.jpg

One of the best weapons ingame. Perfect when getting initiated on by bandits in close proximity. Nothing else crys bad ass than wielding a shotgun and seeing the damage a 12g buckshot can cause to any flesh target.

• Diamond

AKM, high recoil yes but other than there is nothing that comes close to it.

The history of the weapon also interests me.

the bow sounds cool though i never have found one on any server but i do like the axe on the few servers i have gotten into

You have to make the bow:

Ashwood sticks + rope = Improvised Bow

Arrows

Sticks + machete = sharpened sticks + feathers = Improvised arrows.

You can also find Composite arrows from police departments and from other places.

The only thing is how do you get feathers as I never see any animals these days to get feathers of, mind you 50 people killing any animal they see may not be helping O.o

How much range do you get from the bow then? And can you retrieve the arrows from bodies and the environment?

The only thing is how do you get feathers as I never see any animals these days to get feathers of, mind you 50 people killing any animal they see may not be helping O.o

How much range do you get from the bow then? And can you retrieve the arrows from bodies and the environment?

You can get feathers by killing chicken (20 feathers per chicken). Or search for them from the chicken coops.

Chicken coops:

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-0-50-search-for-chicken-feathers-in-hen-house/

Chickens can be found in small villages for example:

Msta and Mogilevka

As for the bow, the arrows starts falling towards the ground from 10m so you need to raise the bow a bit if you shoot further.

You can retrieve arrows from the ground and surfaces (surfaces might be buggy sometimes), but atm you cannot retrieve them from bodies or dead animals. That does not really matter though because you can make easily new ones.

Ah thank you, but what about the range? Reckon it can kill a fully geared player with one shot up close? Only reason I ask is i do archery in real life and if I can use a bow that's effective here you can bet your ass I will :D

As i said on my other reply, the arrows starts dropping from 10m so if you want to shoot further you have to raise the bow a bit, the further the higher.

Ah thank you, but what about the range? Reckon it can kill a fully geared player with one shot up close? Only reason I ask is i do archery in real life and if I can use a bow that's effective here you can bet your ass I will :D

As i said on my other reply, the arrows starts dropping from 10m so if you want to shoot further you have to raise the bow a bit, the further the higher.

Must of missed that part, thankyou.

• MVP

FISHING ROD! because not only can you CATCH FISH with it, but you can poke those undead uglies in the eye from a decent reach :P and then while theyre down on the ground you can just POKE'UM AGAIN :D

• Sapphire

I like using brass knuckles and for shooting the crossbow.

• Sapphire

For me, it's a toss-up between the repeater and the Mosin. I own both in real life, and the repeater's a lot more fun to shoot, but in game, ammo for the Mosin is easier to find.

In game, I tend to also favor a sawn-off double-barrel for its compactness.