Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 07:48

Change S3 day/night cycle. [POLL]

Agree that the day/night cycle should be changed to real time?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As many of you may of noticed, that we have gotten a new server called S3 with first person enabled, located at the UK, i'll like to suggest that we might want to change the day/cycle to real time, as in when it's 13:00 in the UK for example it's 13:00 in that server, right now it's 1:00 in the morning meaning nobody wants to play on that server.

On a unreleated note, i'm enjoying the new first person only server quite alot, as i have many expections that i'll find proper roleplayers playing on first person mode. :)

• Emerald

It's a good idea, and if I'm not mistaken, this is how it was on S1 and S2. The thing is, due to the instability of the servers and the frequent crashes since last update, the whole cycle became one big mess.

Now the day and night is manyally set by the admins when they restart it.

It's a good idea, and if I'm not mistaken, this is how it was on S1 and S2. The thing is, due to the instability of the servers and the frequent crashes since last update, the whole cycle became one big mess.

Now the day and night is manyally set by the admins when they restart it.

Well that sucks, but i think presistant loot is now disabled meaning they could try it again, right now the server is night time which sucks.

• Emerald

You say "the server is on night time which sucks" and "nobody wants to play on that server".

I think that's just your personal opinion, because I do like the nighttime. And allot of other people do too.

It adds an extra dimension, and allot of atmosphere. But don't get me wrong, I do love the daytime more ofcourse.

Anyhow, there have been multiple threads about this on the forums now about this discussion.

Oh just found this as well:

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12.

You say "the server is on night time which sucks" and "nobody wants to play on that server".

I think that's just your personal opinion, because I do like the nighttime. And allot of other people do too.

It adds an extra dimension, and allot of atmosphere. But don't get me wrong, I do love the daytime more ofcourse.

Anyhow, there have been multiple threads about this on the forums now about this discussion.

Oh just found this as well:

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12.

I do enjoy night time alot actually, but i'm getting rather annoyed every server restart the time restarts aswell, including S3 weres the start time is 1:00 meaning it's night time constantly, though i have expections of them changing that of course. Question is when.