Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 08:50

Honest Opinions

NickJames

Hey guys, I acquired Photoshop recently, and I've been playing around with it. I just want some honest opinions, some constructive criticism if you can find it in your time to give some. This was about 15 minutes just creating new layers and teaching myself the effects.

My friend Eric in the gear we use to hunt KamyShovo Bandits on Public servers:

67itNUc.jpg

My edits:

VKFG4I5.jpg

HyDesr4.jpg

By far the worst:

ICFxqmV.jpg

The second, by the way, looks great (in my opinion) as a steam avatar. Feel free to use as such.

b5Susky.jpg

The 184x184px pic:

1oIxE1i.jpg

Honestly I'd go with the third one. The other two before just seem like you used a lot of blur rather than a real effect. The first one would look better if it had more detail to it. Looks like a lot of the detail was lost somewhere. Maybe that's just how photoshop did it. More detail in the first one would probably put it on par with the third. The third one looks just like a comic book, which in my opinion makes it the best of the three. The third one looks like something someone actually drew. Just my opinion though. Some action shots would probably look really good using the third filter.

Honestly I'd go with the third one. The other two before just seem like you used a lot of blur rather than a real effect. The first one would look better if it had more detail to it. Looks like a lot of the detail was lost somewhere. Maybe that's just how photoshop did it. More detail in the first one would probably put it on par with the third. The third one looks just like a comic book, which in my opinion makes it the best of the three. The third one looks like something someone actually drew. Just my opinion though. Some action shots would probably look really good using the third filter.

Thanks man! This was exactly what I was looking for. Your feedback was clear and simple.

Seriously, I appreciate it.

Nick James

Alright, thought that was a cool idea, went kinda for the "drawn comic" effect. Gonna look at some tutorials to learn how to sharpen it a bit though. Thanks man!

wIXzIiJ.jpg

n3obhpQ.jpg

• MVP

I do not like the second or the third ones but the others look good! Kinda creepy.

I do not like the second or the third ones but the others look good! Kinda creepy.

Thanks man, the honesty is what I was looking for, but if you have anything you can tell me to change, even if it's "it's grainy" or "it looks weird because of ___X___." Thanks though, everything helps!

• MVP

Thanks man, the honesty is what I was looking for, but if you have anything you can tell me to change, even if it's "it's grainy" or "it looks weird because of ___X___." Thanks though, everything helps!

The second is too dark for my liking and the third is blurry. The others are fine but that is why I did not like the second and third. It might just be me and my bad eyes lol.

The second is too dark for my liking and the third is blurry. The others are fine but that is why I did not like the second and third. It might just be me and my bad eyes lol.

Oh, haha, don't worry, it's not your eyes, it was just the effects I used, kinda made it a bit like an oil painting.