Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 13:20

What do you plan to do after the wipe?

Guest Roach

With the coming of server wipes due to the expected 0.53 update (yeah it sucks but that is that unfortunately) I was asking myself... just how long most of your current characters have been alive? And I mean never died at all, not even from a glitch. And what do you plan to do after the wipe.

Start all over or gear back and continue from where you left off?

My character has been alive since the 0.50 patch. I was pretty darn proud of that, until I read that there would be a wipe... now I am sad 'sniff sniff'.

But I am unsure how to react as to starting over from the top or gearing back to what I was or close and continuing from then on... your thoughts?

Imo it's a good opportunity for guys that aren't happy with their RP choices. But for those who are fulfilled in their roles, the news are preatty grim. I'm sure that for first few hours it will be chaotic due to a lot of people trying to gear back at least to they previous state.

As for me. I'm preatty happy with my choices so I'm gonna carry on. My RP style isn't too gear dependent.

well, my character has been alive on the RP servers for about 4 days, so not really sad about the wipe, actually looking forward to it. I have a hard time letting go of loot, even when i want to remake my look or change my weapon style.

How long before the wipe then?

I think it's this coming tuesday.

With the stable release, right?

Scratch that Wednesday it is. And yeah on stable servers.

• Emerald

I don't think .53 will come to stable next wednesday, i think they will be adding more to .53 before they push an update + they need to sort out stability before they push it to stable.

I am tired of the military aswell, I haved tried the survivor for a while and spiced it up a little with a little banditry aswell as walking the coast helping newcomers. This time I consider either going full gangbanger (as in gangster) or try to find a double-barrel shotgun and stick to it and keep surviving.

• MVP

Wipe wont be until a week or more at the earliest. I fully expect it to be delayed until February tbh since this months stable will not be done this week

as for what i'll do? Easy

LOOOOOTTT

• Diamond

I will do the same thing. Loosing gear doesnt do anything, its not about the gear anyway :P

Regearing in standalone is much easier than it ever was on the mod. Took me 2 days to get all you could ever dream to have in Sa, (including that peasant aug rifle). I dont get why people get frustrated becouse of a wipe. Wipes doesnt affect your roleplay unless you decide to start a new character.

• Emerald

I dont get why people get frustrated becouse of a wipe. Wipes doesnt affect your roleplay unless you decide to start a new character.

Exactly.

Server wipe => re-gear in 20 mins and run back home, no changes.

I will have to go hunting once again for me wolfmask though, probably the only annoying thing for me.

What I like about this wipe is that hopefully a large number of supersoldiers will change characters. Or not. Probably not.

• Diamond

I'm going to hopefully spawn on the coast, swim to Skalisty island and live the rest of the zombie apocalypse there in peace!

#SkalitsyIslandProject

Stick to civilian clothing and single shot firearms ... as well as keeping the same Zmijovka. Avoiding or spending as little time in high-traffic areas and try and not make so many KOS reports. Hopefully logs will be implemented in the new patch. I would also like to improve my text RP in regards to performing actions and random monologues.

I guess ill start over again with the same story most likely. Is that allowed? I sure do hope so i love my story and can not imagine making a new one and leaving mine behind. My goal though get my wife and get north asap there will be way too many players on the coast

I guess ill start over again with the same story most likely. Is that allowed? I sure do hope so i love my story and can not imagine making a new one and leaving mine behind. My goal though get my wife and get north asap there will be way too many players on the coast

You can always keep the same character even if you die legit in-game. The only exception is that you have to act as if it's a new life (New Life Rule) so you have to forget everything that happened and start all over with your character with the same story.

The coming wipe whether it be this week or the next, it's a forced wipe so you could gear back to your previous state and continue from where you left off.