Server time (UTC): 2022-09-28 06:35

Do people play "nice"?

• Sapphire

The roleplay in the mod was actually far supieror but still, Standalone has it's moments. And to answer your question, Most people actually roleplay, but there are still some no goods going around and shooting on sight

I just joined this and was just wondering if most of the people on here actually roleplay, or do they just KOS?

Well, there is probably about one to two KOS'es a day on average due to staff not having access to death logs. This community has one of the most coordinated group of members that I have seen so far.

sadly you joined on sa, and not mod, so yes, people do Kos, and rdm, and invalidly pass kos rights, and the rp is pretty shite

/rant

but ya, it's dayzrp as in dayz roleplay

• MVP

I just joined this and was just wondering if most of the people on here actually roleplay, or do they just KOS?

If you just joined welcome to the community :)

Since there is an actual rule page against KOSing that will result in being banned, most people tend not to KOS. However, this doesn't mean that you have nothing to worry about, there are still bandits that will hunt you and take everything from you and kill you if you refuse.

It's how DayZ should be played IMO.

The mod has much more tools for admins than SA right now, just let time to Bohemia, and you'll see!

And yeah, there is a thing in "DayZRP" that should answer your question. Even if there is some few guys running around just to kill on sight (and if I catch one, I will really ask to him what is fun about that because... I can't get the point)

• Sapphire

DayZRP is the greatest thing that has happened to Dayz. Seriously, everyone stays in character, there is never any KoS, and you have lots of fun. You meet great people, you meet someone that are mighty suspicious, and some that want your stuff. Pure perfection! So much fun!

The mod has much more tools for admins than SA right now, just let time to Bohemia, and you'll see!

And yeah, there is a thing in "DayZRP" that should answer your question. Even if there is some few guys running around just to kill on sight (and if I catch one, I will really ask to him what is fun about that because... I can't get the point)

So they can show off their mlg skillz of course.

I'd say it's quite the interesting roleplay. Occasionally people will fall out of roleplay, usually correcting their ways immediately, or some you'd like to see take a bit more seriousness in. In general though, fun experience, its just human error. I personally have never been RDM'd or KoS'd, and I'm by Green Mountain a whole lot, where random scenarios play out regularly. Its fun though, good time, good roleplay.

Stay away from Green Mountain, Vybor, NWAF and the Vybor Military Base and you'll be fine :D If you want action then those are your places.

Not saying it's only KOS and such there but the KoSers and such are pretty much there in general.

Other than that I pretty much only encounter great RP but then again I stay away from those locations as much as possible. If your character is about survival and not about gear, you will enjoy this alot :D

• MVP

Stay away from Green Mountain, Vybor, NWAF and the Vybor Military Base and you'll be fine :D If you want action then those are your places.

Not saying it's only KOS and such there but the KoSers and such are pretty much there in general.

Other than that I pretty much only encounter great RP but then again I stay away from those locations as much as possible. If your character is about survival and not about gear, you will enjoy this alot :D

I have to agree. I stay away from that area and have some of the best RP. You will have ones that KOS and dont RP. Report them and move on.

• Emerald

without the mod the "RP" has been taken out of dayzrp

• Sapphire

There are some good Role players in the Stand Alone. Just have to find them. When you do, you are going to have a good time. Everyone is going to have a good time.

• Emerald

There are some good Role players in the Stand Alone. Just have to find them. When you do, you are going to have a good time. Everyone is going to have a good time.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....hasn't happened yet

• Sapphire

Well, sorry to hear. I've been having a grand good time. I only got on two days ago. I am loving it.

• Emerald

Well, sorry to hear. I've been having a grand good time. I only got on two days ago. I am loving it.

if you joined a year ago you would be having alot more fun. You just have not had the experience of the mod days

There are plenty of great RPers out there ;) I am enjoying this just as much as the mod days. I actually like it better. It's only a matter of opinion though.

Welcome.

RP is priority one on DayZRP and there are always good people and staff ready to help you or answer any and all questions that might pop up.

You will sadly meet KOSers and other not fitting "players" here now and then, but just remember to not feed the trolls. Make sure you read up on the rules and if you encounter people that drop character and goes OOC (out of character) ignore them and just stay IC ( in character ) and move on.

It is a bit messy ATM, but with logs on it´s way, that will soon sort it self out.

So far I've met two people, and both were nice. I caught the first guy's name, but the second wasn't much of a talker.

I've been avoiding military areas... my character isn't a soldier or anything, I got no use for the "top" gear.

Also... I noticed a lot of people constantly bring up the mod. As someone who has never played the mod or the Arma series, I only know standalone. And the RP seems just fine to me.

Guest Vittoria

Also... I noticed a lot of people constantly bring up the mod. As someone who has never played the mod or the Arma series, I only know standalone. And the RP seems just fine to me.

Depends who you talk to... some people fairly disliked the mod at the end, and enjoy the RP on SA better.

Others really want to bring it back. Whatever it may be, don't think we're going back.

• Sapphire

I am pretty much always nice. It's actually one of my character's faults. She's cautious and wary of strangers, but always openly friendly, and sometimes a little too trusting.

The mod has its perks, namely that it's more polished and stable, but it also has a lot of flaws. Despite all of the mods, it still feels extremely clunky, and it also feels like...well...a mod. You can tell while playing it that a lot of the DayZ functionality was never intended to work with that engine, and that you're forcing the game to do things it was never designed to do.

Also, there's the skin thing. Fuck that. I very much prefer SA's whole clothing system, including things like wearing warmer clothes for colder climates and being able to layer different things to create outfits and whatnot.

Also, there's the skin thing. Fuck that. I very much prefer SA's whole clothing system, including things like wearing warmer clothes for colder climates and being able to layer different things to create outfits and whatnot.

I love all the clothing options in DayZ. I have my preferred "late-game" outfit styles (raincoat, hunter pants, radar cap, glasses, assault vest), but it's really fun the earliest parts of a respawned life, when you just grab what you can to stay warm or dry. I've had some pretty crazy looking outfits that way....