Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 16:23

US server time.

Guest Roach

I love night time a lot. But I also enjoy daytime as well.

There is just too much darn Night on US for what seems like over a week or close. Is there a possible way to knock back the time an hour or 2. So instead of starting at 16:00 make the server start at 15:00 so we get an extra hour of day at least.

With the servers not crashing anymore or as often it would balance out the day and night time to play in. But right now it feels like 80% night.

It feels like it's always night time and we barely get any day gameplay at all anymore.

So can it please be moved back one or 2 hours?

• Emerald

If I'm not mistaken, the current way to change day and night is that should be done manually?

Like a an admin can only change it manually at the moment?

Or am I wrong?

• MVP

If I'm not mistaken, the current way to change day and night is that should be done manually?

Or am I wrong?

Correct.

Or am I wrong?

No, not in this case. They can set a static time for the server to start at. In this case the server lasts about 4 hours without a crash. That being said when it crashes or restarts, the server goes back to 16:00 hours and starts the loop right away.

So it's dusk for 30 minutes and night for 3 hours. If they set the default server time to 15:00 hours (Instead of the currently 16:00) it will add an extra hour of daylight knocking down 1 hour of night, making it 1 hour and 30 minutes to almost 2 hours of day, and 2 hours of night (without a server crash).

They never need to touch the time ever again!!

;)

• Sapphire

Is there anyway to make it so it starts at like 9 and goes to 18 but within like a 2 or 3 hour span? that would be awesome.

Is there anyway to make it so it starts at like 9 and goes to 18 but within like a 2 or 3 hour span? that would be awesome.

Not currently :( But if they set it to start at 15:00 we will get half and half within 4 hours :)

I'm just tired of night now hehe

• Sapphire

same! But if it was at 15 that would be optimal.

• MVP

The admins manually change the time for EU1 and US1 so try poking one near a restart and ask for it to be switched to day? :)

The admins manually change the time for EU1 and US1 so try poking one near a restart and ask for it to be switched to day? :)

Thanks I did and Josh says he will look into getting an Admin to look into this. I really hope we get some light soon cause it's been over a week and every time it's night :( (with the exception of the 30-40 min of sunset daylight)

Setting the servers default time to 15:00 hours will give lots of daylight and night :D

• Sapphire

I concur. If the servers were stable and didn't crash regularly, I'd be okay with it, but as it stands, it's almost always either dark or nearing sunset when I log into the server. The server doesn't stay up long enough for a full cycle.

If it could be set back to maybe 14:00 instead of 16:00 that would be enough, I think.

• Sapphire

Sick of nighttime and the lack of color it comes with..

• Emerald

If I'm not mistaken, this is the current setting:

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12. However, due to a few crashes, S3 times has been messed up I think.

If I'm not mistaken, this is the current setting:

S1 and S2 have admin adjusted game times, currently S1 starts at 8AM and S2 at 4PM, so both should have daylight after a restart. S3 follows real time clock of GMT-12.

YEp I made a request for daytime to Rampage and he changed it last night :D (Again thanks Rampage). I would of loved to have it at 15:00 but at least we'll get some daylight for a bit now on US hehe :D feels good to see colour