Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 07:16

Query about KoS

Say, for example, I see a group of guys robbing a guy of his resources etc. does this give me a right to take hostile action against these players, or does it have to be something happening directly towards me or my friends before I take a hostile action against the individuals.

Pretty sure I know the answer but would just like some confirmation :)

• Emerald

It has to happen directly to you. What you are thinking of is a previously removed rule called Good Samaritan. If you'd like to take actions against them you must either 1. Be in a group with said person. Or 2. Counter initiate on them as long as it isn't no value for life.

It has to happen to you, group members, or you have to initiate for it to be legitimate.

• MVP

As Reeddreed said, there used to be a rule on this known as Good Samaritan. You can no longer act as a good Samaritan to gain KoS rights. In this example situation, you would have to re-initiate entirely to gain KoS rights. If this person was your friend, you would have to meet a few conditions in order to share KoS rights with your friend. These conditions are stated in the rules:

cb32c5ff10.png

Does this answer your question, Mini?

• MVP

Glad we could help!

/solved

It has to happen directly to you. What you are thinking of is a previously removed rule called Good Samaritan. If you'd like to take actions against them you must either 1. Be in a group with said person. Or 2. Counter initiate on them as long as it isn't no value for life.

It has to happen to you, group members, or you have to initiate for it to be legitimate.

So, say I see some guys robbing a guy and beating him mercilessly (overhearing the whole situation) i cannot shoot them?

• Emerald

So, say I see some guys robbing a guy and beating him mercilessly (overhearing the whole situation) i cannot shoot them?

As Lucia said. No you can't shoot them for doing it (unless, as stated earlier you are in a group and within 500 meters of the initiation.) There was a rule that would allow this to happen, unfortunately this caused more harm than good and was removed. So you have to reinitiate or run.