Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 07:29

Ban Appeal

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-formal-logging-on-suspected-hacker?pid=961174#pid961174

oOJ7rm7.png

Why the verdict is not fair:

Me and Henry Geltz were banned on the assumption that "for all we knew the dead person was killed legitimately as an act of revenge". This is simply incorrect, we were travelling in a group and were on TS with John, the dead guy. Since we logged on, we had not encountered any players until we got to Green Mountain, he was shot out of nowhere, killed on sight, which seems to happen quite often at Green Mountain.

I grant you that it seems unreasonable to assume it's a hacker, but within the last 2-3 days before this report I was nearly killed twice by a hacker in a ghillie suit, speeding across the map. I assumed the worst and I logged out, for that I am sorry, but even then, logging out in a KoS situation should not count as combat logging.

The rules say "The staff of DayZRP judge that people who log out in order to avoid retribution for their actions or as a method to avoid imminent player interaction will have combat logged." I did none of these, it was KoS and there were no actions for which to take revenge for.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

None

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

I hope to be unbanned. In my mind, this was not a rule break and the day before the ban, OP of the report asked for the report to be closed.

"b93UuBA.png"

What could you have done better?:

I should probably not have assumed it was a hacker, that is my mistake and it will not happen again.

• Legend

You need to make your own one.

• Emerald

Verdict

Appeal Denied.

Explanation

Simply because your friend was KOS'd, does not mean you have the right to log out. There are plenty of times where somebody may think they are being KOS'd, however in reality someone has legitimate KOS rights on them. For this reason, even if you may think you are being KOS'd, you are still required to stay in game and report the situation after it unfolds.

Had there been a visible hacker you could have directly seen, this would be a different story. This, however, was not the case. We do not accept breaking rules, such as combat logging, based on the assumption that something might have occurred. Aside from this, you also had a third party trying to RP the situation out.

The rules say "The staff of DayZRP judge that people who log out in order to avoid retribution for their actions or as a method to avoid imminent player interaction will have combat logged." I did none of these, it was KoS and there were no actions for which to take revenge for.

By logging out, you did exactly this. As a result of the combat log, you left the other player by himself without any RP reasoning or other interaction which the situation could have yielded. Due to this, the following applies:

Outcome

No action taken