Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 08:32

Bad RP following chat on TS

Hi all, just a quick query.

I'm new and was playing for the second time yesterday. I was in the LFG in TS with a couple of others when a younger guy joined us. We were planning on meeting up somewhere when he called out that he saw someone IG (me) I then said "right I'm no longer using TS".

I then ran up to the guy, as I was running I heard him say to the other guy he was with "Oh that's our medic". We'd never met in game before. He then asked me IG "Is your name Jayne or something?". Yes my name is Jayne. It completely ruined the RP for me. He obviously didn't get it, like at all.

His RP later on was pretty bad too, making assumptions and asking silly, obvious questions.

He's a young guy who was playing for the very first time, does this warrant a complaint? Or should I just not play with him again?

Well sometimes people assume that they know each other because they are in the same TS, I've done it but it's usually with people I know, but if I want to do it IG I tell them that we haven't met before so we can do it IG, then we just mute and take it from there.

Not putting blame on you but maybe next time you can be more direct on how you wanna RP it out?

Also, if you have video of his RP and think it's really bad I'd put up a report, also if you think he's under 16 should you put up a report.

use the correct format for the report

DayZRP.com » Support » Questions

It's not a report m9.

Well sometimes people assume that they know each other because they are in the same TS, I've done it but it's usually with people I know, but if I want to do it IG I tell them that we haven't met before so we can do it IG, then we just mute and take it from there.

Not putting blame on you but maybe next time you can be more direct on how you wanna RP it out?

Also, if you have video of his RP and think it's really bad I'd put up a report, also if you think he's under 16 should you put up a report.

use the correct format for the report

DayZRP.com » Support » Questions

It's not a report m9.

oops my bad

• Sapphire

I would address the problem to himself. Especially new people can have problems with role play.

My suggestion is to keep the TS up for OOC corrections and tips. When I introduced some people to role playing in-game it worked out quite well.

I think the person you met was nervous or something along those lines.

"It should be every member's duty to assist another member during the process of learning and finding a spot inside the community."

-Fox

Thanks! Yeah I'm not making a report, just unclear if these types of situations warrant one.

Its difficult to tell someones age. I'm 24 and a teacher so in general I prefer not to play with kids as I teach them every day. However that is my problem and if this kid has followed the rules then that point is moot.

It did seem he really lacked a grasp and imagination for RP. He changed his character a lot and seemed wholly unbelievable. He asked questions like "do you miss your life before?" which may on the face of it seem okay, but in that situation, we'd just met and you wouldn't ask that whilst looting a house with a stranger. I know the obvious answer is "don't play with him again", however I don't want this to spoil future encounters for others.

I would address the problem to himself. Especially new people can have problems with role play.

My suggestion is to keep the TS up for OOC corrections and tips. When I introduced some people to role playing in-game it worked out quite well.

I think the person you met was nervous or something along those lines.

"It should be every member's duty to assist another member during the process of learning and finding a spot inside the community."

-Fox

Thanks! I'll try to follow that next time.