Server time (UTC): 2022-10-02 19:34

Dynamic Events
ONGOING | 2022-10-02 19:30:00 (server time) | Ends in 1 hour, 25 minutes

NATO response remnants radio broadcast

My character was a part of a new attempt at stabilising the situation on the mainland after the fall of the UN forces as a whole after thier scattering.

The first part of the response was a small joint task force of member nations to create a safe and secure perimeter for a larger NATO relief force. However my characters vessel went down and he is currently suffering short term memory loss.

What I want to do is once he regains his memory he is going to try to get to a radio tower and broadcast searching for any recent NATO forces that have been dropped/shipped into the area and subsequently scattered and band then together.

This is a separate force from the current UN force in the mainland as this force would be much smaller.

If it works out ill make it into a group of its own. But I want your guys opinions on this before I proceed, this isn't to make a army. I repeat this isn't to make a army to conquer the world. Its just the start to rally together separated forces and group them safely together to work on the next move after there is a sufficient number of us.

Many thanks for reading

Benoit-Moriu

• Emerald

According to the lore the NATO has no presence in the story, it's merely CDF and about a 1000 peace keepers in the country itself.

The forces around the border have been withdrawn due to their own countries being overrun.

• Emerald

/moving to lore and stories

As I said its outside the lore hence why this is a suggestion

this is a event that was in my application so that is to validate a possibly small nato force unless the accepted of my application wishes to withdraw my application? Or a edit to it.

But to be frank think about how many British, American, Turkish soldier applications are coming in. Thier all members of nato and thier in the mainland. The forces are there to make such a broadcast that wouldn't at all impede or conflict with the current lore.

The amount of American marines and British commandos alone show thiers at the very least a percentage of nato forces operating on the mainland. Alone or in small groups. All I wish to do is unite some of them as a real armed force would in a operating theatre with other allies

• Emerald

As I said its outside the lore hence why this is a suggestion

this is a event that was in my application so that is to validate a possibly small nato force unless the accepted of my application wishes to withdraw my application? Or a edit to it.

But to be frank think about how many British, American, Turkish soldier applications are coming in. Thier all members of nato and thier in the mainland. The forces are there to make such a broadcast that wouldn't at all impede or conflict with the current lore.

The amount of American marines and British commandos alone show thiers at the very least a percentage of nato forces operating on the mainland. Alone or in small groups. All I wish to do is unite some of them as a real armed force would in a operating theatre with other allies

Simple thing is, NATO wasn't involved - there was the CDF and there were around 1000 UN peacekeepers - although they were a mish mash from different countries. There were Russian and Takistani troops on Chernarus' borders, but they would've been pulled back when it was clear the quarantine had failed. We're not going to change the lore as it's now 4 months or so into the apocalypse - so it wouldn't make much sense for NATO troops to suddenly come out of the blue and claim they were here all along.

It would also be questionable if NATO intervened as well as UN.

If you want to ask questions about anything lore related, feel free to ask here

I hadn't thought it'd impede on the lore at all considering it being a small force sent by another organisation for the very reason that the containment had failed with the original forces based. However if you and your fellows are trully set against the idea I shall cease with it. It has the grounds to be something but its only a idea as is. Thank you for your input genuinely.

And just to be clear im not saying that nato would of been there since day one. I'm saying its a new event . Its feasible as its one organisation trying to figure out just how bad the situation is and help some of the remnants of the original forces in due time.

Simply a idea, your call.

Why not change it from NATO to UN? There is already a group of UN Peacekeeps on the board, though they are pretty much redshirts for the most part. You could however work with them to develop your character. Perhaps a small detachment of the thousand stationed in country where sent on a small mission in one of the deeper villages when things went down hill, and now they are trying to regroup with whats left of the main UN force?

Why not change it from NATO to UN? There is already a group of UN Peacekeeps on the board, though they are pretty much redshirts for the most part. You could however work with them to develop your character. Perhaps a small detachment of the thousand stationed in country where sent on a small mission in one of the deeper villages when things went down hill, and now they are trying to regroup with whats left of the main UN force?

Only problem with that is it conflicts with my characters bio and story.

The reason why it was NATO to me was that after 4 months and the reports of the peacekeeping forces being smashed. Higher ups in NATO made the decision to send in a single small united scout force to see how bad the situation is and if there's enough forces still around to make containment and order possible again or if NATO would have to send in a follow up force to be a relief effort to the ragged UN forces.

Because yes NATO is for military not containment. But considering how the military that was responsible for containment got ripped to shreds they would deem it a military issue then.

At least that's how I think they're view it as. A military crisis.

Still holding it as a idea untill either its supported or a alternative that matches my characters story comes up. If neither ill let this drown in the suggestions :)

Eh, I don't see it working since the entire would just wen up in flames. Troops would be dealing with the chaos in their own countries then, not sending people into a country already lost. Sorry mate, maybe it could be reworked if you push it back further than four months, and you have been trapped there for longer.

To my knowledge, NATO can't really do crap without approval, so no special missions and stuff, countries tend to do that themselves and not involve NATO and the UN so there is no red tape. I may be wrong though.

If it was on your whitelist application, thats not a big deal, that's just supposed to be a sample of your writing to prove you should be given a chance to play. I still like the amnesia idea though, and I think that it would certainly be a fun idea to run with. Sadly I doubt it will be supported in anyway with the way things turned out in the lore.

Do you have a link to your backstory? I would be happy to help you brainstorm to work out the kinds.