Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:43

Proceed With Caution

Hey all, just diving more into my own back story here. This is what I put in my application;

[EYES ONLY - COVER DOCUMENT INCLUDED]

Born to a military family [RESTRICTED] spent the majority of his youth on the move, from place to place, country to country. The idea of only being one place for only a few months became common place, and as such [RESTRICTED] found solace in single-serving friends. The day he saw his dad become a general was an exciting time in his life, and he knew exactly who he wanted to be like when he was older. The years past quickly and [RESTRICTED] soon found himself at 18, graduated from school, and ready to take on the world. Of course no one was surprised when his first move was to give the local USMC recruiter a visit and sign up immediately. Lead by ambition, and a lifetime of inspiration [RESTRICTED] quickly advanced through the training courses, specialization classes, and even a few unique courses designed to break the strongest men. Trained as a spec ops branch escape and extraction agent, [RESTRICTED] became a peak form of stealth and long range marksmanship. After only a few short months he was promoted and served his first tour. His first mission went off without a hitch, and made sure to bring everyone in his squad home alive. This granted him instant status, and was awarded a leadership role. His career continued in similar fashion and he advanced quickly. All to soon [RESTRICTED] was upon the world and before anyone could have predicted the outcome, ground zero was struck. [RESTRICTED] did the one natural thing that came to him. He sought to get everyone out. He decided the best place to go would be the place of greatest devastation, Russia. Knowing little of the area, and less of the people who now called this place home, [RESTRICTED] went in to blend with the civilian population, gather usable intel on the area, the location, the people, and the local military scene. It became clear quickly that there was an established order of mercenaries, bandits, heroes, and of course

. Shedding his name, he goes only by his handle [Caution!] as a reminder to those who cross him, and to those who follow him to always proceed with it. So to any bandits out there who may cross his, my God have mercy on your souls. And to the heroes out there seeking someone to ally with, you will find no greater. война это на нас.

Would you guys like to see the events from 18 to present unfold here, or is no one interested?

• MVP

Yet another special ops character?

Got any other ideas?

• Emerald

Mate its a good shot and all but perhaps you should take a little look Here, its a pretty damn good guide for new people!

How about a story of a down on his luck boy. Turned to crime because it felt 'right'. Not for the glory, not for the money, just because it felt good.

Hiding his new found hobby from his closest friends and family he makes a big score, only to find out it can only end by pulling the trigger against the head of someone he loves, so he does. Now he's after the bastard that made him do it, and where does that piece of crap run? Russia, where the cover of zombies, and near war feels he can hide like a rat among the refuse.

Oh I have no problems coming up with stories.

The military thing is just personal to my real life, and I can pull from that easy.

If its over done here, which it seems it is, then I can go a different direction. In fact I'd like to make a story wow people, and not just be another "oh, another well trained military sniper, blah, blah, blah.

Done.

• MVP

How about a story of a down on his luck boy. Turned to crime because it felt 'right'. Not for the glory, not for the money, just because it felt good.

Hiding his new found hobby from his closest friends and family he makes a big score, only to find out it can only end by pulling the trigger against the head of someone he loves, so he does. Now he's after the bastard that made him do it, and where does that piece of crap run? Russia, where the cover of zombies, and near war feels he can hide like a rat among the refuse.

Infinitely more original than a Special Ops badass. Didn't mean to sound like I was being condescending, but it's a lot more fun to handicap yourself with realistic character archetypes, instead of a Super Soldier that knows everything about everything.

I like the criminal idea, even have a bit of family crime events in my own character's past (spoilers). Always wanted to play some sort of cat-burglar or something, too.

Honestly, you can play whatever character you want---it just depends on whether people are going to take you seriously. In the end? My best advice is: It's not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it.

Hmmm. Ok, all good things to work with. I will give it some thought and come back.

thank you guys!

All this, of course expanded. But now add when he tracks the guy to Russia, and confronts him, is beaten to near death and buried alive. After the events of October 2014 happen, he wakes, and claws his way back to the surface (both a painful and trying event) that leaves him broken, his mind never to be the same, and with recurring flash backs to that night sees every hostile action against him as made by "HIM" and has to deal with going insane and killing those who caused him so much pain, or giving in to the idea and becoming someone, some ... thing, different.