Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 18:38

Is this a supa soldia or a orignal character?

I've read alot about the plague super soldiers and thier ability to use any weapon or navigate flawlessly or withstand intense torture and is a utter hard-ass and that does indeed sound boring for rp.

However my character is a Englishmen that had a history with drug abuse and family separation. That turned his life around by joining the French foreign legion under a new identity. Had barely passed basic training as a standard rifleman with basic skills in field craft and marksmanship.

He cannot withstand torture, nor is he not going to be freaked the hell out by zombies when he sees them for the first time. He's going to panic in firefights as its his first tour anywhere but he still will maintain a rough calm to be able to fight back. But be shaken badly after each one to begin with.

He also hasn't killed 1000 men, in fact he hasn't even killed one so the first time he does it is sure to be a heavy rp moment of sadness and anger.

He wants to help people but is wary as he knows bad types from his heavy drug days so think of a Malcom reynolds firefly type attitude toward strangers.

Now my question is that is he just another supa soldia to you. Or a normal man, barely tested by the world and then sent into hell to see who he really is, as in a character with potential.

Thoughts?

• Emerald

If anything, the concept of your character - for a military one at least, is currently unique - he is anything but a super-soldier to me, and with the right RP - you can make him a sympathetic military-ish character.

I've read alot about the plague super soldiers and thier ability to use any weapon or navigate flawlessly or withstand intense torture and is a utter hard-ass and that does indeed sound boring for rp.

However my character is a Englishmen that had a history with drug abuse and family separation. That turned his life around by joining the French foreign legion under a new identity. Had barely passed basic training as a standard rifleman with basic skills in field craft and marksmanship.

He cannot withstand torture, nor is he not going to be freaked the hell out by zombies when he sees them for the first time. He's going to panic in firefights as its his first tour anywhere but he still will maintain a rough calm to be able to fight back. But be shaken badly after each one to begin with.

He also hasn't killed 1000 men, in fact he hasn't even killed one so the first time he does it is sure to be a heavy rp moment of sadness and anger.

He wants to help people but is wary as he knows bad types from his heavy drug days so think of a Malcom reynolds firefly type attitude toward strangers.

Now my question is that is he just another supa soldia to you. Or a normal man, barely tested by the world and then sent into hell to see who he really is, as in a character with potential.

Thoughts?

I approve of this type of Soldier.

If anything, the concept of your character - for a military one at least, is currently unique - he is anything but a super-soldier to me, and with the right RP - you can make him a sympathetic military-ish character.

I want to put a walking dead type twist on it, just a ordinary soldier(cop) put I'm extraordinary situations. He cant outshoot a avid gun enthusiast. He cant drive every vehicle known to man as he only knows French and English vehicles not euro russian type so he will need training from a local driver.

He's alone and separated from his forward unit so your dammed sure he's going to be scared crapless and cautious as hell. He's only 21 after all.

And he's also going to be trusting to begin with, he's there to help people after all. But as he witnesses the barbarity people commit on one another he may either seek to make his own role and stand up for the weak as he's full of pride at recently being fully trained and hos first deployment.

Or maybe hell watch and do nothing, feeling himself hollow as he does what je needs to survive and becomes steadily more recluse as time goes on.

Tis two character arcs I've got the idea of

• Sapphire

Frankly since I've come back I haven't seen one of these... Plague super soldiers. Most people seem more human if anything. (Bonnie and Clyde are adorable). The point is that most characters I have come across arn't what you would call super soldiers. They... are people. They have feelings, faults, medical conditions and all seem to have their own story arch.

Also it's... pretty hard to make a super soldier in DayZRP, everyone is so fragile in their own way. "I'm a super soldier, RAWR I have 100 confirmed kills, and a master of hand to hand combat!" -Gets pummeled by a zombie and gets their leg broken- "I'm suddenly a doctor as well! Also I feel no pain in my leg from it being broken! IM Invincible!" It's just impossible to do so without obviously meta-gaming. Its breaking the rules if anything, but I haven't seen anyone quite like that.

I want to put a walking dead type twist on it, just a ordinary soldier(cop) put in extraordinary situations. He cant outshoot a avid gun enthusiast. He cant drive every vehicle known to man as he only knows French and English vehicles not euro russian type so he will need training from a local driver.

I don't really think there's a huge difference between French and English cars and Russian cars. At least from a civilian stand point, there isn't much difference. Now if your character was American, I could understand him not being able to drive a stickshift since most vehicles here operate on a automatic. I guess there would be a difference on how to drive military vehicles (like Urals and Humvees), but not a -huge- difference. It's still a car.

Now it'd make sense for any character, nearly all in fact, to not know how to drive Armored or Anti-armor vehicles... that's assuming that the majority of this server isn't super soldiers, and I wouldn't know, I haven't been here in a while.

-other stuff-

However your character might make the decision then and there, that is usually what he'll do in the long run. Remember that over time, a character can be toughened up by experiences. Just don't make him super tough and make him have a thick voice and preach about which bandit he's going to kill next.

• Sapphire

Oh! Yes!

I like it. The freaking out over firing a gun at something thing could be amazing. Or being cowardly when with a group of people who "know what they are doing".

Very cool.

Frankly since I've come back I haven't seen one of these... Plague super soldiers. Most people seem more human if anything. (Bonnie and Clyde are adorable). The point is that most characters I have come across arn't what you would call super soldiers. They... are people. They have feelings, faults, medical conditions and all seem to have their own story arch.

Also it's... pretty hard to make a super soldier in DayZRP, everyone is so fragile in their own way. "I'm a super soldier, RAWR I have 100 confirmed kills, and a master of hand to hand combat!" -Gets pummeled by a zombie and gets their leg broken- "I'm suddenly a doctor as well! Also I feel no pain in my leg from it being broken! IM Invincible!" It's just impossible to do so without obviously meta-gaming. Its breaking the rules if anything, but I haven't seen anyone quite like that.

That name drop though :)

the Black Knight picture was extremely perfect haha "Tis but a flesh wound!" "Your ARM IS OFF"

I do hope to play a bloke in a situation doing the best he can while ultimately holding onto that one shred of hope that hell find his comrades in the end.

The only reason I said about the car thing was that at the factory I work at we have a Russian who swears down English cars are nothing like Russian cars and that here thier far easier to drive than Eu Russia types. I can only go by hos word as internet searches just take me to mechanic websites in Russia...

At any rate I look forward to the challenge of keeping him a believable character and not a bore

• Emerald

I also approve of this, all of these traits are realistic. In fact this should be used as an example as what a soldier should RP as. no soldier should be battle hardended enough that a zombie eating another person, or running at them snarling would leave some sort of mental scaring.

FFL are some pretty hardcore badasses

so to say "barely tested by the world".. idk

It's a good story, but FFL isn't really just some rag-tag's who mash together, only the ones who survive firefights are the ones who are 'veteran' FFL.

I may be wrong, but I think that's how it works.

No that's correct. FFL are baddasses. But they've never met zombies. Or been completely separated from thier entire unit on their first day on land after waking up on shore alone.

He is a baddass training wise for normal situations. But this isn't normal at all. So he's going to be waaaay out of his comfort zone.

The training is there, but on his own and without his gear or a way to contact his comrades he's going to freak a bit. He is still just human after all.

I would perhaps consider the aspect of freaking out during firefights a bit. As a Legionnaire, you would not have made it through basic training if such. These mental aspects are found and those men are washed out in a matter of days. But part from that i think you will add a good sort of soldier to the server.

Good luck to you and stay safe.

When I said freaking out I over exaggerated, I meant to mean that he wouldn't be just cool and calm. He'd be nervous and of course scared as it would be the first time out of training the rounds coming at him are live.

I hope to make him a decent character with interesting storyline.