Server time (UTC): 2022-09-27 01:54

"My Name Is Hugo" Letters found

• Emerald

Well I found the one you put on the ground at Green Mountain before you proceeded to jam a screw driver into your neck. Too bad no more persistence.

• MVP

what? i didnt play for a week so i dont know what happened. no more persistence? so is it like normal persistence:off servers now? means we can find heli crashes?

Yes

Does no persistence mean that tens will despawn?

and yes

I remember when they first announced notes. I was really excited at the prospect of there being some stories from the other people on the server. It would make the game feel much more alive. Like it still exists even when you are not logged in. Still have yet to find a paper with something written on it though.

You can leave notes in your backpack deriding the person who killed you...

Here is what I put in mine when there is space:

"So you won the battle, welcome to the war!

This ad sponsored by Ghilligans Island, Buy your Ghillies at Ghilligans "

Or sometimes a lamentation:

"I was a good man, a working man. I hid all my good stuff at Cherno!"

Or even just a diary post...

Sad that persistent notes won't be possible but I often leave a "death note" on my body in case I end up on the wrong side of a rifle, like Endgame mentioned.

It's fun to feel like you're adding to the moment and giving the killer something more than just another backpack with stuff in it.

• Sapphire

If you find notes on the ground around the map....you should read them...you never know what you might find. -MM

How many notes did you drop?

• Emerald

I actually found the Hugo note, in the middle of some random road. Talking about his friend Dale, and his enemy Mark. I actually have been asking people if they knew any of these names. But, nothing...

I found a long note today at the nwaf prison. It was about someone who was stuck, but I didn't get to read it all, I click read note before I picked it up and it disapeared when I closed it to put it in my inventory. I wanted to keep it. Please keep leaving notes, its a good thing to do.

• Emerald

I remember when they first announced notes. I was really excited at the prospect of there being some stories from the other people on the server. It would make the game feel much more alive. Like it still exists even when you are not logged in. Still have yet to find a paper with something written on it though.

Oh young grasshopper. There was once a time on DayZRP where people would leave notes all over. Notes about attacks on sanctuary's (after I spread the groups name that attacked around Chernarus and what they did, they hunted me and it drastically changed my character and how I played) and notes about stories and people they are looking for.

When the servers are more stable and persistance is enabled again you will see tons of them, sucks you haven't been able to find any :(

• MVP

Writing notes and finding notes are always fun, but without persistence on it is tough to be able to find them. I look forward to the day when I can find more notes :). Depending on how effective the person is at explaining their situation, I sometimes can imagine I'm in the situation with them, watching...

I actually found the Hugo note, in the middle of some random road. Talking about his friend Dale, and his enemy Mark. I actually have been asking people if they knew any of these names. But, nothing...

haha that's hilarious. I'm Dale and Hugo was the first person that I met in DayZ (SA) RP about a month or so ago. I ended up running into him tonight and he told me how he had been searching for me all that time.

• Emerald

haha that's hilarious. I'm Dale and Hugo was the first person that I met in DayZ (SA) RP about a month or so ago. I ended up running into him tonight and he told me how he had been searching for me all that time.

That's awesome, glad you guys found each other. I was so curious about that letter. I would of kept looking for you guys to help, but I got busy in the middle of some other matter. Maybe well meet in RP.