Server time (UTC): 2022-09-26 13:41

Why protect her?

Mamba

She screamed, thrashing in her chair. The bullet hole in her skin purple and gushing with blood. Siris didn't watch. He looked out the window chewing on a toothpick staring out the window at a rabbit in the field. Hold her still ! the doctor screamed. If I knick something then we wasted these valuable supplies on a FUCKING CORPSE!"

Siris chuckled at the outburst . In truth Siris was the one who gave her the new beauty mark on her skin. He didn't care if she lived or died. They tried to attack him and in his eyes, she was lucky to be alive. Then why did he bring her here? Siris shrugged of the question in the back of his mind. Buried it underneath the other pointless thoughts in his head. He sighed and removed a hand rolled cigarette from his vest, struck a match off the worn window pane and took a slow hard drag.

She screamed again, sobbing loudly enough that Siris cringed at the sound. "Shut her the fuck up Doc. I have a few clicks north to walk still and I don't plan on having a migraine when I do it."The doctor nodded nervously,"You heard the man, quiet her down."His two assistants scrambled to get something to put her to sleep.They injected her and she slowly drifted her off, her blue eyes rolling in the back of her head.

Siris looked at her face, she looked as if she had been beautiful once, before this place had got the better of her. He was not sure why she and her friends had tried to rob him. Probably because he looked to be someone with something to rob. Although he was sure they weren't working for his enemies, probably just a few survivors desperate for food. "Either way, you reap what you sow"He muttered, exhaling the smoke through his nose.

The Doctor approached him,"She is stable Mister Siris. I've done all I can with what I have, the rest she will need to do herself." Siris nodded and reached in his pack removing a few cans of food."Here is for payment Doc, I hope you like beans." The Doctor nodded his head in gratuity, and started to walk away, but paused and looked back.

"I'm sorry Mister Siris but I have to ask, if she tried to kill you then why did you save her?" Siris thought on it for a moment before responding."When I was a child, I was walking home from school in the middle of winter. I came across a dog chained to this little dog house. I went over to it and tried to pet it but it bit me here" Siris pointed to the scar on his hand. "It shocked me and I started to want to beat the dog for hurting me, even though I never meant it no harm."Siris gazed off as if reliving the ordeal, then again began to speak.

"I called my father and he came to get me and explained to me that hunger can make an animal do strange things. That dog may never have hurt anything else in his life, but not having any food or love or companionship can change things. I guess when I saw her lying on the ground bleeding it reminded me of that dog, and even though she tried to hurt me, I understood why she did it."

The Doctor appeared to ponder his answer. He shook his head in acceptance and walked away. Siris pulled his hat down over his eyes and drifted to sleep. That night he dreamed of the dog. The same dog that bit him, the same dog he fed and named and adopted. The same dog that lived with him until it died. He awoke to the woman he saved staring at him, or examining him."Why protect me?she asked weakly.

• Sapphire

I really want to read more of this

She screamed, thrashing in her chair. The bullet hole in her skin purple and gushing with blood. Siris didn't watch. He looked out the window chewing on a toothpick staring out the window at a rabbit in the field. Hold her still ! the doctor screamed. If I knick something then we wasted these valuable supplies on a FUCKING CORPSE!"

Siris chuckled at the outburst . In truth Siris was the one who gave her the new beauty mark on her skin. He didn't care if she lived or died. They tried to attack him and in his eyes, she was lucky to be alive. Then why did he bring her here? Siris shrugged of the question in the back of his mind. Buried it underneath the other pointless thoughts in his head. He sighed and removed a hand rolled cigarette from his vest, struck a match off the worn window pane and took a slow hard drag.

She screamed again, sobbing loudly enough that Siris cringed at the sound. "Shut her the fuck up Doc. I have a few clicks north to walk still and I don't plan on having a migraine when I do it." The doctor nodded nervously,"You heard the man, quiet her down." His two assistants scrambled to get something to put her to sleep.They injected her and she slowly drifted her off, her blue eyes rolling in the back of her head.

Siris looked at her face, she looked as if she had been beautiful once, before this place had got the better of her. He was not sure why she and her friends had tried to rob him. Probably because he looked to be someone with something to rob. Although he was sure they weren't working for his enemies, probably just a few survivors desperate for food. "Either way, you reap what you sow" He muttered, exhaling the smoke through his nose.

The Doctor approached him, "She is stable Mister Siris. I've done all I can with what I have, the rest she will need to do herself." Siris nodded and reached in his pack removing a few cans of food."Here is for payment Doc, I hope you like beans." The Doctor nodded his head in gratuity, and started to walk away, but paused and looked back.

"I'm sorry Mister Siris but I have to ask, if she tried to kill you then why did you save her?" Siris thought on it for a moment before responding."When I was a child, I was walking home from school in the middle of winter. I came across a dog chained to this little dog house. I went over to it and tried to pet it but it bit me here" Siris pointed to the scar on his hand. "It shocked me and I started to want to beat the dog for hurting me, even though I never meant it no harm." Siris gazed off as if reliving the ordeal, then again began to speak.

"I called my father and he came to get me and explained to me that hunger can make an animal do strange things. That dog may never have hurt anything else in his life, but not having any food or love or companionship can change things. I guess when I saw her lying on the ground bleeding it reminded me of that dog, and even though she tried to hurt me, I understood why she did it."

The Doctor appeared to ponder his answer. He shook his head in acceptance and walked away. Siris pulled his hat down over his eyes and drifted to sleep. That night he dreamed of the dog. The same dog that bit him, the same dog he fed and named and adopted. The same dog that lived with him until it died. He awoke to the woman he saved staring at him, or examining him. "Why protect me? she asked weakly.

Siris looked her over "It would appear you're feeling better" he said. The woman continued to stare at him, her piercing blue eyes examining him, watching his every move. "I should be dead, you butchered my friends so I will ask again why did you save me?" She said, but it came out a whisper, her voice cracking from fatigue and pain. "Well" Siris said, shifting his chair to face her direction, "Information, I suppose. You see a lot of people want my friends and I dead and I figured that you could save me the trouble of torturing somebody by telling me what I need to know." Siris watched her face, attempting to see if she was going to lie or attempt to hide the truth.

The woman on the cot appeared to be confused. "Nobody hired us. We were hungry that is all. We checked all over for food and all we could find is guns, my sister .. Lacy..she died from the hunger first, we were just desperate. We saw you alone and didn't think you would put up a fight." The woman broke down in tears, the realization that she was now alone made her cry harder. 'We didn't realize how heavily armed you were until Andreki stood up and pointed his gun at you, and now he is DEAD they are all dead" She buried her face in the makeshift burlap pillow stuffed with animal hide. Siris removed the bandana from around his neck and handed it to her. "Here, wipe your face."

She cried for a bit more until the Doctor came in and gave her some morphine. Then she passed out and Siris went to the table and ate dinner and cleaned his gun. He radioed his position to his friends and they arrived not long after. Now the Doctors home/hospital was filled with men dressed in black armed to the teeth. His leader pulled him aside to debrief him on the situation. After explaining everything he was told that they needed to figure out if that was all she knew. Siris stomach hurt at the thought, but insisted on being the one to do it. His leader nodded and gave him the tools.

Siris walked into the room with the torture tools under one arm and a glass of water in the other. He locked the door behind him and grabbed his chair and pulled it close to her cot before sitting down. She watched him nervously. "Hi." she whispered her voice quivering, half from medication half from fear. Siris didn't respond, he couldn't. He would do what he was told but he was still a human. This place hadn't stole all of his compassion from him. He unrolled the tools on the desk adjacent to the cot, cleaning each one with a bottle of Alcohol tonic. Her eyes opened wide "no no no please you don't have to do this..please ple please look at me please." She reached out to grab his arm but he pulled it away.---To be continued

• MVP

Very Good. I can't wait to read more...

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you like it.

• MVP

Thank you for the feedback. I am glad you like it.

I do! It draws you in and makes you want to read more, at least for me it did. I will be keeping an eye out for this.

Terrified, her shoulder throbbing from the still fresh wound she received just a day before. The woman tried to pull her body back from the man. "Why did you help me if you just want to hurt me again!?" Siris shifted uncomfortably in his chair. "Tell me everything, and I won't have to hurt you at all." Siris said. "You tell me what I need to know and I will leave. "

The woman shook her head sadly. "All I can tell you is the truth, which I already have.If you choose not to believe me then that is a choice you have made. I have no reason to lie. You have already taken my brothers from me. You can break my body and pull my teeth, burn my skin or hurt me in a million other ways. You have already hurt me in a way that makes death a welcome sight." Siris analyzed her face, his cold brown eyes searching for fear but finding none. "Tell me everything, tell me about you. He said.

She layed back on the cot, long brown hair tied by her shoulder with a piece of string, staring at the ceiling.

When she spoke it was monotone and no emotion could be detected in her voice." My name is Asya Kulikova. My family came here from Taviana 15 years ago. My father was a contractor and got his first big project in Elektrozavodsk. The pay was really good, we no longer had to worry about things such as food or clothes or keeping the lights on. My brothers got jobs with my father and we lived good." She smiled at the memories of happier times.

"My mother died not long after. She had the cancer and it ate at her inside. My father tried his best to pay for her treatments but it became too expensive. Even with my brothers paying the bills at the house. After she passed we became even closer, for years we all did our part to provide for each other. I got accepted to Yale in America, but I did not go, I stayed for my family. Then when the virus happened...." She paused as a tear rolled down her cheek 'When the virus happened it not only made the people sick and crazy it made the dead come back."

"When my father heard this news he began packing our things to leave. Gorka will be safe, he told us. The sickness won't have made it that far north. We agreed to go, but we had our doubts of the safety of Gorka or anywhere else in Chernarus. On our drive it was terrible, monsters killing and people running. Looters and riots and fires as tall as buildings. The gunshots echoed everywhere we went. We found an abandoned barn and made camp, my father was tired and needed rest.--To be continued.

Siris handed her the glass of water. She took it from him nodding her head in gratuity. "Please continue" Siris said. Asya studied the dusty glass in her hands for a moment and continued her story. "We pulled in to the barn, Father did his best to hide the car in the trees and my brothers shut the doors and barricaded them closed with some pitchforks they acquired in the hay bales. Father smiled as to assure us, to convince us not to worry. He put on a smile and a brave face, he even made jokes to put our minds at ease."

"We played along even though we all realized the situation was more desperate then we discussed openly. Each of us tried to play the brave one and put on a strong face for the others. That night we slept in the barn, although the term sleep is exaggerated. We layed in the hay with our eyes closed listening to the gunshots echo from the cities below, hearing the screams and explosions all night long. Father woke us the next morning, told us to gather our belongings and meet him at the car.

The rest of us quietly gathered the little bit of things we had in the barn. Barely speaking a word to one another. I think our minds were focused on the people in the cities below, how many of our friends and extended family had died that night and how many more would die the following. As you can imagine we were very worried and not suited for fighting or violence. We used to watch the tv and be horrified about the fighting in the wars. I gathered my stuff and made a final check of the barn before we left, and that's when I heard it, father was screaming in pain. My brothers grabbed the pitchforks and we ran outside and that is when we saw..." She paused, her eyes filling with tears. Siris remained silent , understanding what happened before she even said it. "The monsters got him." She sobbed.

"My brothers attacked them with the pitchforks. My oldest brother yelled for me and my sister Lacy to get back in the barn. We didn't listen. We were terrified I think, struck with horror at the sight of our father being killed. The monsters impaled on the end of the pitchforks still swinging their arms wildly at my brothers trying to grab them and bite them. It was as if the pitchforks hadn't been in them at all. I saw it then, my fathers rifle on top of the car. Quickly I pushed Lacy in to the barn and ran over and got it. My brothers screaming at me to go back in, get back in the barn."

She took a breath and continued "I shot the one closest to me but it didn't go down. It's arm fell off and it did not phase him. My oldest brother yelled for me to hit the head. I aimed and shot and it's head exploded and it immediately went limp. My brother pulled out the pitchfork and rammed it into the skull of the other monster. It also went limp. I ran to my father,but I was too late. I cried on him, his blood soaked my shirt. I was convinced at the time I could save him. My brothers had to drag me away and pry my fingers from his arms."

"We hid in Gorka for a long time after that. It was safe at first but then more and more bandits came through town. I overheard them telling a man that he 'looked tasty". They cut him open and cooked him. It was hard to imagine being so hungry that you would eat another. However when we ran low on food we became desperate as well. Lacy got sicker and sicker. It started off as a cold, however due to the lack of a healthy diet she only continued getting worse. My brothers got a radio working and listened for word of help. Most of the time all we got was static and the rest of the time all we heard was requests for help from other people."

"Desperate to find food and medicine we traveled to Stary Sober. We found some food in a church and went to a hospital to see if we could find medicine for Lacy. That was when we heard it , a rough voice"All of you lay down and put your hands behind your head. If you move you will die. No exceptions" Terrified we all complied. Our hearts sank that this moment may be our last.

.............To be contined

They decided that was a good time to pause for the night. Her story was long and intriguing, but as she was freshly injured the Doc thought it best that she got some rest. Siris got up and walked towards the door. Asya studied him carefully and said "Stop, please?" Siris looked at her and nodded and crouched along side of the bed. "I just need to know...is it hard? I mean is it hard to kill a person?" She asked in half hushed tones. Siris stood up and stared at her. "No...killing men is easy...since this outbreak there has been a few men who have tried to kill me. I can show you their skeletons. It's the faces that haunt you, not the deed itself."

She was taken back by his response. He looked like a man that was comfortable with killing. He certainly was trained but when she looked in his face she saw loss, and sadness. Not the vicious killer she encountered in the fields just 2 days before. She lied awake that night trying to figure out if he was a monster or a man that, like herself, was just trying to stay alive.

Siris didn't sleep well either. Though, he never really did. He never had time to grieve the loss of his son, or his wife. Plenty of times he just wanted to take this magnum and swallow it. He chose the drink instead. If you asked his comrades about him they would call him a loose cannon. The kind of guy that will not shy away from danger, or the objective at hand. The truth was Siris wanted to die, but he thought of suicide as a cowards way out. He loved the men he fought with, but he missed his son. The situation with the wounded woman reminded him of his wife.

He wondered what she would think of him now. Was he a bad man? Was he ever really good? She never approved of who he was before, but back then he at least had charm. In this world...this..place Charm was as useless as a television set. He sighed and laid back on the make-shift bed. Was this it? His thoughts were interrupted by the womans screams.

Siris jumped out of bed and ran down the hall into her room. She was covered in sweat. When he touched her skin the sweat was cold but her skin was hot to the touch. "Doctor come here now!" he screamed. The Doctor half asleep came into the room with his pack of supplies. "Oh no she's burning up" He said groggily. "I think her wound is infected. She will need antibiotics or she will develop sepsis."

To be continued.

Looks like Siris made the right choice in choosing Asya as the one person he "missed".

With all the constant and steady losses she has been forced to deal with, She seems a tad emotionally unstable at the moment. She will probably attach to anything at the moment to fill the gap.

Even better, Siris played his cards perfectly in the interrogation room. As Siris was the one that had saved her, not only does that give him passive authority (while not being as intimidating as someone else might have been.), he is the only person that Asya had connections to at the moment, giving him ethos and pathos. (he saved her.) This probably, made Asya feel a tad more comfortable, almost to the point of possibly developing Stockholm syndrome.

If Siris can play his cards right and make her an trustworthy ally, this will give Asya a sense of belonging and family again as well as giving Siris another fast thinking member as seen when she bolted for the gun at the time of her father's death.

good read!

HOLLY CRAP! i have to say man... I write my own fan fiction but yours... Great work man. I dont share my fan fiction because I dont want people to think it is stupid. GOOD WORK!

Looks like Siris made the right choice in choosing Asya as the one person he "missed".

With all the constant and steady losses she has been forced to deal with, She seems a tad emotionally unstable at the moment. She will probably attach to anything at the moment to fill the gap.

Even better, Siris played his cards perfectly in the interrogation room. As Siris was the one that had saved her, not only does that give him passive authority (while not being as intimidating as someone else might have been.), he is the only person that Asya had connections to at the moment, giving him ethos and pathos. (he saved her.) This probably, made Asya feel a tad more comfortable, almost to the point of possibly developing Stockholm syndrome.

If Siris can play his cards right and make her an trustworthy ally, this will give Asya a sense of belonging and family again as well as giving Siris another fast thinking member as seen when she bolted for the gun at the time of her father's death.

good read!

Thanks guys for the support. It means a lot and I am glad you guys enjoy the content I put the effort into

Please follow this thread as the story of Siris and Asya is far from over.

Mmmmm dat Lou Reed reference.

That Lou Reed though. xD

Siris grabbed his vest and gun. He sat down at his desk and reloaded the drum mag on his AKM and attached it back to his rifle. The Doctor came into his room "Mister Siris, most of the major cities will have been cleared out by looters by now However I believe there is a clinic located 5 kilometers east of here that may be untouched, as it lies in a rural area. You must be careful because your comrades have found a few fresh corpses looted on the roadways not far from here in that same direction." Siris nodded "Thanks Doc, may I borrow one of your assistants to identify the antibiotics I need? Also anything else you may require to further her treatment?' The Doctor nodded and stepped away.

A few moments later the Doc reappeared with a young man behind him, and a folded piece of paper in his hand. "This is Mikhail, he was an intern at the Chernarus institute of Medicine. Please keep him safe, he is not only a good Doctor in training, but he is like a son to me." Siris nodded and accepted the paper from the Doctor and nodded towards Mikhail and both men set out the door. When they got outside Siris removed his sidearm from his holster and handed it to Mikhail. He refused to take it at first "Please Sir no, I do not like the killing. My hands are for the help." Siris shoved the gun in his hand and looked him in his frightened young eyes. 'Look son, I don't care if you spray this fucking thing wildly. If we run into problems It will be very difficult for me to protect both of us."

The young man nodded, his hands shaking while placing the heavy pistol into his rain coat pocket They set off on their journey, both men silent, contemplating the consequences both good and bad of their mission.

Mikhail was the first to break the silence. "Sir you are American yes? Yankees?' Siris looked at him for a moment and realized how scared this kid must be. He admired his bravery. "Yankees suck buddy. Boston all the way." Mikhail smiled, apparently at ease that the man didn't strike him for speaking. "I love the baseball Sir, how you call this? America passtime?" Siris grinned "Yes it is, greatest sport in the world." Mikhail shook his head in disagreement. "No Sir.. Football is greatest sport. Our football" He danced around in the field kicking his feet as if shuffling a soccer ball between his legs. Siris laughed, and again they were silent for awhile.

Eventually they came across a pond next to a deserted barn. "Here" Siris said removing his 2 canteens from his pack, take these over to the pond and fill'em up. I'll go grab some wood and set up a fire. Mikhail nodded and jogged to the pond and Siris began to pick up some kindling and dry grass for the fire. Siris got everything together and realized Mikhail hadn't returned yet. He made his way to the edge of the forest towards the pond quietly and noticed that 2 men in animal masks had the young Mikhail at gunpoint. He was crying and they had taken his shirt off.

Siris cursed under his breath. The rifles they were carrying appeared to be standard issue. One had a shotgun, the other some type of long hunting rifle. Both of which would do incredible damage to the young Mikhail if Siris didn't intervene. He crawled prone through the grass attempting to flank their position. As he got closer he heard the men taunting Mikhail on how tasty he would be. One man even went as far as licking his bare chest.

"Fucking cannibals" Siris muttered. He also cursed himself for not teaching the young Mikhail on how to use the gun he gave him. Siris found a rock next to him and created a plan. He threw the rock into the weeds and when the men turned around startled he popped up and fired. "POP' The first shot hit the licking man in the back of the head. The second man turned around and half screamed Nooo"POP" The second shot hit the other mans throat and turned his scream into a gurgle. The third shot hit him in the eye socket and he quietly dropped in the grass.

Siris stood all the way up and started walking towards Mikhail, who had already stood up and sprinted towards Siris crying. "Thank you Mister Siris they were going to eat me" he sobbed. "It's okay they won't hurt anybody anymore" Siris replied. Siris looted their corpses and wasn't surprised to find carving tools and strange meat in their bags. He took out his machete and removed their heads, which was what his comrades and himself did to bandits and cannibals to let each other know that it was their kill.

Mikhail calmed down after a bit and came over and sat by Siris. "You teach me shoot?" Siris looked at him and nodded. "Common buddy, I'll set up some cans and show you some tricks" He taught Mikhail the basics of the weapon, how to load it, how to chamber it and how to hold it around friendlies. He also showed him the safety of the weapon and how to reload the magazines. The young Doctor Mikhail was a natural shot, especially considering he didn't believe in violence. Siris chuckled at the irony. They made camp and went to sleep for the night as soon as the sun went down. They had a few kilometers to go tomorrow and he wanted to be on his way back by this time tomorrow night.

"Sir" Mikhail said quietly. "Yes Mikhail?" Siris replied. "Thank you for saving me. You are good man." Siris didn't respond. His thoughts drifting to the kills earlier that day. The machete chopping off the heads of their fresh corpses.--To be continued.

• Sapphire

This just keeps getting better! O_O

Thanks man ! Also thanks for following.

• Sapphire

Thanks man ! Also thanks for following.

no problem man, took a break from it and came back and thought, wonder if that guy continued his story, had myself a nice little read session :)

• 2 weeks later...

They woke up early. Mikhail seemed to be in a decent enough mood, considering the events that transpired the night before.

"Good morning Mister Siris, I heated you some beans" Mikhail said with a smile on his face. Siris waved them off, "No thanks kid, eat up we still have a lot of ground to cover." Mikhail nodded and ate. Afterwards they packed up camp and headed out.

Again they were silent. Siris brooding on his thoughts and Mikhail enjoying the sunlight. It was like they were polar opposites. Mikhail had obviously seen the best of life, while Siris had experienced some of the worst of it. Yet here they were, traveling together to find antibiotics for a girl who had tried to kill Siris days before.

It didn't make much sense, Siris tried to justify it to himself, maybe the girl has intel. "Or maybe you're taking a slow walk to your death" he muttered to himself. Eventually they arrived at Mogilevka. It seemed deserted to Siris, but Mikhail had a look to him that said something was wrong. "What is it Mikhail" Siris asked. "This was my home village. Were my family raised me. I cannot go in."

"No , I need you to go in, you're the one who knows the antibiotics. I need you to focus on that now. I'm sorry you have seen shit, but so have the rest of us. I'm sorry Mikhail but we need to do this together."

Mikhail nodded but had a sadness in his eyes. They arrived at the hospital, and as expected still had some medicine on the shelves. Siris grabbed some pain relievers and morphine and threw them in his pack. Mikhail searched the shelves and grabbed some antibiotics and other supplies from the Dr's list. "Alright Mikhail, let's move out." Siris said. They turned around and saw the gunmen standing there. --to be continued.

It happened in slow motion, the men never saying a word. They shot and Siris pushed Mikhail on the floor behind a flipped gurney. The young doctor appeared to be in shock and Siris saw the fear in his eyes. He pulled the magnum from his boot and fired from his cover position over the gurney. Unsure if he hit anyone he told the young Doctor to run when he fired his next rounds.

The Doctor nodded, but he looked as if he didn't even believe himself. Cold sweat beaded down his face like winter rain on a moving vehicle . "1-2-3-GO" Siris yelled as he popped off more shots from the revolver. Mikhail ran down the hallway bouncing off the walls and nearly tripping once or twice.

Siris went to fire again but the gun merely clicked in his hand. "Fuck" he spat and tossed it aside as he heard the heavy footfalls of the gunmen enter the hospital."Come out Blackwood scum. I want to watch you beg for your life at the same time I take it from you." One of the men said. Siris slid his sawed off out of his vest. Time seemed to pause as he remembered the girl...the girl he shot...the girl who was dying back at the clinic.

He thought of Mikhail, the young intern who loved football and the fear in his eyes.

He thought of his dead wife and son and the rage inside of him. He thought of the many people he has killed since coming here. The footsteps got closer and Siris debated just ending himself. Not giving them the satisfaction. Not allowing them the glory of his death. To be honest he didn't recognize them. Probably some shit ass "survivor group" nobody ever heard of. He sprang up and blasted both barrels into the man in front of him and he flew back into the arms of his companion. Siris sprang onto the startled man and attempted to wrestle his gun away.

He punched and clutched at the mans throat and face. Then out of nowhere he is struck in the side of the head by a third man that Siris did not see. They smiled above him and aimed their guns, ready to fire. When all of the sudden Pistol shots rang out from down the hallway. Mikhail had both hands on the grip of the gun Siris had gave him and was shooting at the men running down the hallway.

The first few missed but one hit the third man in the eyeball killing him instantly The other man raised his rifle and Siris sweeped him with his legs putting him on his back, bringing his heel down on the mans neck. It was over as quick as it began. Siris nodded his head to Mikhail and Mikhail smiled. Truthfully Siris thought he had outplayed his hand but the little Doctor had come through. He was now even. They searched the men for food and meds and then Siris decapitated the 3 of them.

They left as soon as the heads did. Siris wanted to get back to the clinic, back to the girl. They still had about a day to go. --TBC