Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 17:53

Vincent's Diary.

Well I guess, I found this notepad and pen. So I decide to write most of my experiences over a set amount of days onto this. I guess if one day I die or someone steals this book, they can find out about something about me. I'll introduce myself I guess, I'm Vincent Havick. Older brother of Ace, Atlas and Wendy Havick. I'm 30 years of age and hail from Australia. I came to Chernarus after a rather, tricky situation and I decided to go on a holiday I guess. I don't really want to go into details on my first couple of months in this god forsaken world, but I guess I'll record recent events.

I recently left a group of people who lived in a resort very far up north, very close to the border into Russia. I won't disclose the location as I respect them enough for it. It felt strange saying goodbye. I was only there for about two days, but they felt like family. We all had a reason to live. And we all were in the same boat. I normally am not sad or have feelings of unhappiness when I say goodbye to most people in this world. I can normally move on pretty quickly. And I have done, normally because I know that somewhere I might see them again. They're drifters like me, they move to place to place and will normally come to a certain area. But these guys are different. Although they have rare people coming and going, they stay in the same area. It's their home, and strangely I feel like I've been looking for that too.

I moved down to Green Mountain as I said I would to my friends up at the resort. I met a few people just like me in places like Gvozdino and Vybor. But I stayed a Green Mountain for a night. The next morning with still no one around I found a V3S and set off down to Cherno, It had little fuel but I hoped it make the trip... It didn't, so I said bugger that and set off on foot as I walked into Bolota.

As I looted around for a Jerry can. I went over to the Airstrip and encountered a Russian/Chernarussian man who went by the name of Pavel, at least that is how I think it was spelt. He helped me look for a Jerry can in Cherno so we walked most of the way. Speaking about pressing matters in this world. I mentioned about my northern trip and he enquired if I came across "Aurora and her friends" This was my friends and I replied with my story. After we spoke about them for a bit we moved onto another conversation. I looked over to the sea and I don't think I had never missed a group of people other than my family as much as this before. I felt at home there and they welcomed me, I just don't know why I feel these missing emotions. I don't normally miss at all, normally I can leave someone in a heartbeat if I need too, but why these guys?

So after We looted Cherno, we walked up a little bit north, I said goodbye to Pavel as he was tired and needed a rest, and so I trekked up to Green Mountain once more to find it full of life. But it was full of potential and proper death also. 5 minutes after I entered, gunshots came from the bushes outside, as returned fire and spend an hour holding off Green Mountain and asking for ID's for anyone coming it. One man died and I almost got hit twice. I decided when everything calmed down I Would walk down to the pond to get some water. I filled up two water bottles with a man named Benson accompanying me. After I was done I decided to walk up the road and sleep in a barn. I said goodbye to Benson and set up a bed in there. And now I lie here. Tired and overused. And I can't shake these missing feelings of my friends up north. Maybe I might head back there. For good this time, it's safer up there and I used to be the fighting type, but times have changed, and so have I.

~Vincent Havick

*Vincent paces into his new house, he closes the door behind him. He takes off his Beret and his face mask and hangs them next to the door. He places his sunglasses next to his bed Shoves his backpack, Axe and Mosin into the wardrobe and lies down on his bed. he pulls the sheets over him, grabs his diary and places his pen to the notepad.

~ Hello again, Vincent here. I decided to write another entry as it helps me reflect on what I have done today and what may be in store for tomorrow. About 9 AM the morning I up and left the barn, I starting pacing down the road connecting Pass Sosnovy to Pustoshka and found a vehicle in Pustoshka. It was my lucky day, It had an alright amount of fuel so I drove it through Vybor, all the way to Toploniki and jumped out to eat something I then drove down past Severograd and I won't disclose the location any further. I ran out of fuel about 100 metres from the resort so I jumped out and paced there. I found Demih and Zebb inside. They were surprised to see me at first but welcomed me with open arms all the same. I was glad, and we sat down for a little bit and talked. Then Zebb asked if I wanted to come with him to a military convoy near the border as it was destroyed and he wanted to loot it. So I agreed and followd him, Demih came with and we had a great time laughing and joking around. After looting the place I tried to get Zebb to wear a dress but he was refusing at all costs ( I think if Demih wasn't there, he totally would)

After we set off back to home, we talked about A lot of shit hat was going on and ended up on the fact of Zebb singing a Monty Python song. We laughed and then Zebb went to his house. Demih left shortly after and I was alone. But just as I thought that Aurora came from above the hill. I was glad as she was one of the first few people I has met here. So I was glad to see her. We went to grab some food from the town and talked.

Shortly after looting we came across Zebb, Damih and Jack, a crazy cowboy with the accent to boot. We all decided to head back up to the Resort when we came across a man named Dominic. He said he was friends with a man named Vlad? I do not know him, but apparently Aurora might. So just like most travellers we welcomed him to the resort and set up camp. Jade came over shortly after and we had almost an entire gang. I guess Jay and Frank were sleeping.

I guess I'm tired. but it's been a great day and I'm happy I came back here. It's not going to be easy up here, it never is. But we'll stick together. And I'm glad I'm not a drifter any more, going from place to place in search of loot and people. It's good to finally settle down and hold a certain area, another Green Mountain trip can wait, I'm happy here.

Goodbye!

~Vincent

Vincent places the diary down and closes his eyes. hearing the distant laughing and speech coming from the Resort. He smiles a little bit, feeling grateful that he has a place he belongs.

*Vincent lies down after pure stress and worry, he throws off his gear, not placing it away neatly like usual and grabs his notebook*

It's been three days, three days since I have seen most of the group, I heard about the Believers of the Maker heading up towards the resort from a group of guys I snuck up nearby in Novo, if they were had a relation to the believers I do not know. I have a feeling it might be Joffery who went up this way, he's obsessed on finding Doctor Ivan and will check every rock to find him I see. But again I cannot pin it on him, believers or not, they're not bad people. They're a little bit loose of screws but they wouldn't hurt Aurora or the group, I know they have more decency and intelligence to insult them guys, not like Gavin at Green Mountain, that insulted Armond's teddy, Tiffany. He almost ended up in a body bag. If I see Joffery around I'll ask him if the info I heard was indeed true, as I have a "Mark of a Friend" from him, he may help.

I almost died once running back from Novo the other day, it was mainly my stupid tendency to not fill up water bottles and my discovery of a short cut through the forest, I collapsed from dehydration and crawled to the water pump in town, it was the most scariest experience of my life. I was overheated, drowsy and dying for a drink, but I didn't want to stop. I've always been stubborn but this was almost my downfall. I had to make a change. I got some new clothes for myself with Demih's help when I got to town. Demih and I are good friends, we have similar ideals and what we need to do to survive. We both believing in stopping by past military bases to make ourselves have more protection. Even though my "protection" was one of my causes for my almost downfall.

Something else I found fucked up yesterday almost made me spew. Demih came to me telling me about this girl who had came to town, her name was Sarah and wore full black. But was also equipped with an AKM. She had given Demih a bear pelt with some meat inside, Demih had not known what it was as it didn't really look like bear meat. Bringing it to me I examined it and almost threw up. As doing a course in University about Anatomy I could notice a human bicep when I saw it. It was a clean cut human bicep and I threw it off the rocks. Demih was shocked as much as I was so I knew she didn't know what it was. I spoke to Demih for about 15 minutes more then she went to the Military base not far away and I found a toilet to release my lunch.

I am honestly getting worried by the gang though, they've been gone for far too long. I've only seen Demih and Jack for three days and no one else, even Zebb's whereabouts is oblivious to me. I've checked Castle Greyskull (His home) and he's not there. I'm thinking of packing supplies, my gun loaded and reluctantly going to Novy Sobor to the church to ask for Joffery's help, in return I shall travel with him to find anyone he needs.

Gotta make sacrifices for the people you care about, right?

Goodbye Notebook.

~Vincent

*He places down the notebook, exhaling and he closes his eyes, he was worried about his trip to Novy, it might end up on him having to join something he doesn't want too*

*Vincent hearing noises down near the Resort he decided to pick up his notebook and write*

I'm hearing noises at the resort and people nearby, I won't check it out tonight, but I've closed my windows and locked my door, I've got my pistol close by and my gear not too far either. I'm hoping it's Aurora and the others, I've been worried for ages, I'll inspect tomorrow and find out, for now. I shall sleep.

*Vincent sitting on the road reaches into his bag, pulling out his pen and notebook. He was feeling quite alone*

A quick entry as I'm contemplating moving along. Ever since I came back things have been different. I found out Aurora was not taken by Joffery, but that she had left for the day. But when I went to the Resort tonight she was there, along with many people. A lot of them were military but It felt quite strange to be there. For once in a long time I felt like I did not belong there. I miss my family, Ace, Atlas and Wendy. I have to find a way out of South Zagoria. I must find a way out and quick. I'm going to head down to Green Mountain and try getting a radio transmission to Australia, I might see if I can find a generator. I feel too alone in this world and with the group slowly falling apart, I need someone reliable. Maybe if I see Zebb he may come with, but he's too close to Aurora and probably will not leave. I hope Rob is still alive and down there, I must find him. He was a timid man, but could probably help me out.

I don't know what I'll do, but No one needs me here. I have too many secrets and too much of a past to help these guys, if they found out about my mark they would not trust me, It's better I leave and get out of here before it's too late.

Sorry gang, but it's for the best.

~Vincent

*Vincent climbs up the ladder, overlooking the destroyed city, darkness reigns upon him until he sparks a match and begins to light his fireplace, a glow fills the top of the roof as he relaxes down and grabs his notebook*

I've had a long and strenuous day. I left early in the morning from the resort and began walking down towards the military base in hopes of finding a few things. Found an AK74 mag, I decided I might be lucky enough to find an automatic sometimes soon I'd take it. I then paced down on a trek towards North West Airfield. I searched around but found not much I wanted or needed and moved on. I passed Vybor, knowing I had enough food and drink I stopped by Vybor military base to find a great surprise. Sitting under a bed was An AKS-74U I tried fitting in the mag and it clicked in like a charm. I then moved towards Green Mountain and found a crashed Helicopter, I searched for survivors but found no one, some blood stains here and there but it was like someone had been picked up and dragged out.

I didn't find much at Green Mountain, nor did I see any people. So I checked the Kemenka/Pavlovo Military base and just found more ammo. As I passed Balota I had three zombies chasing me, Before I started shooting, a man rushed out of a house and starting smacking them down with a bloody Hoe, My first thought was "fucking Farmers, right?". I shot one and I thanked him, his name was Gavin and he wasn't a farmer, but a trader. he was wearing a OREL Police jacket and found my OREL Police pants quite intriguing, and so he gave me black cargo pants and a Gun wrap for my pants. He went the other way and I continued my trek down to Cherno, this is where I am staying now, on top of an industrial tower of some sorts.

I'm missing my family, my group. I miss a lot of things, I didn't think this world would take so much and expect me to take all the pain in, and push on. How much more I can take I will never know. But I've been close to breaking down many times. I hope something great happens soon, it's hard to last out here on your own.

~Vincent

*Vincent starts the fire, the orange glow stretches as far as it could into the forest around him, but it's strength can only come from size. Vincent sits down, his sleeping bag neatly laid out and his guitar next to the fire. He sets up a cooking tripod and puts on some venison. He sits down, grabbing his notebook and pen and writes about his scary past couple of days.*

A lot has happened since I left Cherno, upon waking up I noticed a magnum round, my eyes fixed towards it to see two guys taking out a zombie. I thought it would be good to say hello. But I got a whole lot more than that. As I climbed down from the building and approached them, two more of them came out of nowhere and told me to get on the ground. I knew what this was, I almost had a damn heart attack, but I followed their instructions. as I lied there they handcuffed me and I noticed they were distinctively wearing Red Berets. "Fuck" I admitted to myself, I had heard the stories but to come in contact was a different matter. They stole mostly everything, my gun wrap, my Gorka top in my bag, my canteens and my AKS with all my mags. I guess this is payback for what I did in my past life

They said I had to count to 30, then the handcuffs were loosely tied, and I could wiggle out with some force, and so I did. I wasn't going to mess with them, 3 on 1 would only be a death wish, but I will remember their faces, and they will eventually get what is coming to them.

I paced up to Green Mountain shortly afterwards to see more tampering with the fuse box, it'll never get fixed in amateurs just keep swinging a fucking wrench at it, I sigh and pace on. On the bottom of the hill I notice a brown V3S and I sprint for it. Jumping inside and driving it over the Vybor military base where I meet a man named Lewis, he was heading down south and so I gave him my vehicle, figured it's still quite a walk so he could use it. He drove off as I paced up to Vybor in search of more supplies.

Nothing useful was really around in Vybor, and I didn't see anyone, so it wasn't like anyone was going for it. I think I need some painkillers though, I have been shaking with pain for a day now, a zombie got a good hit on my arm in Cherno and I haven't been able to shoot straight since. It was getting late so I paced over to the forest west from Vybor and set up a fire and my sleeping bag, I might move to Novo tomorrow and hide out in a little town not far from it, all this travelling is taking a toll on my body so I need to rest for a few days,

I wonder how Aurora, Jade and Jay are doing, It's been three days since I left the resort, was it a good idea? I'm not really sure anymore. But I need to find a place where I belong, even if it's on my own, that place just stopped feeling right for me. Is any place right for me? Or is this the infection's way of punishing me

*Vincent places down his notebook, a tear rolls from his eye but he wipes it away as if someone was watching. He notices the food is nicely cooked on the tripod so he takes it off and eats it. He then jumps into his sleeping bag, closing his eyes to enter the worst place of all*

• 3 weeks later...

Vincent grabs his notebook out of his bag, he had not written in it for over a week, it felt strange to hold it again, as it reminded him of a time where despair was all he had, he looks over at the man across the room, sleeping. Smirking to him self he puts pen to paper and begins to jot down his thoughts.

A lot has happened, ever since I discovered the man across from me, I have not really felt like writing inside here. That man is one of my brothers, Ace. It turned out he came after me before the infection, content on finding me because they were wondering where I was going. He ended up in Berenzino, figured why I hadn't seen him. I haven't been up there yet. But we've been travelling around, I might think about finding a way into Russia, apparently my other brother Atlas is there, with the KGB Ace said, but I feel like that's bullshit.

A lot has happened in the past week, I was robbed by the Red Berets, I was later robbed again when my Rasputin was spiked and I woke up on the coast with barely anything on. And I have had a lot of time to think with a clear mind, but I'm still worried for my other family, I haven't heard or seen John Or Wendy... I should say Dad and Wendy, but like he's ever been a Dad. He's one of the main reasons I turned out like I did. As is Abigail, my sister dying and Mum leaving when I was 11. All this turned me into the man I was, the man I don't want to be again. But it took a bad situation to turn me into a bad situation, what happens if Ace dies or I find out Atlas or Wendy is dead? Or Aurora, Zebb, Jay or any of the Unnamed? would I flip over the edge and turn into someone I tried not to be? Am I that borderline fragile that I don't even see it?

I took Ace up to the resort yesterday, we're staying in my old house, seems the guys looted it, do I blame them? not really. I do wish I was apart of something though, like a group or a band of survivors. Being a drifter isn't doing anything but making me envious of the tight friendships of one and other. But I guess I'm just rambling on, I'm going to catch up on some sleep, I'm tired and I've been getting quite agitated.

Vincent places his notebook in his bag, his pen and zips it up, looking at the dimly lit fire inside of his house calms him a little, he likes the quiet up here, it reminds him of older times. He rests his head against his pillow and closes his eyes, drifting off to the land of nightmares

Wow, this was really good, I enjoyed it, You really have created a complex and full background story for your character.

It is impressive and honestly kinda inspiring :D

Keep up the great work, I haven't finished all of it but I definitely will be.

Thanks friend, if you like mine, check out a lot more, as inspiring as my story may be, it's only a fraction to others. And also remember, Vincent has his story, just like you have yours. If you have developed your story, write it down. People like immersing themselves in this world so much, they want to know about a person they may have met. Writing Vincent's diary is a way of showing how he feels inside, it takes him a lot to open up to people in that way.

Glad you enjoyed it! :D

Wow, this was really good, I enjoyed it, You really have created a complex and full background story for your character.

Thanks friend, if you like mine, check out a lot more, as inspiring as my story may be, it's only a fraction to others. And also remember, Vincent has his story, just like you have yours. If you have developed your story, write it down. People like immersing themselves in this world so much, they want to know about a person they may have met. Writing Vincent's diary is a way of showing how he feels inside, it takes him a lot to open up to people in that way.

You just brought it to a whole new emotional level, You are very good and creating these stories :D Good luck in the future with them :D

You just brought it to a whole new emotional level, You are very good and creating these stories :D Good luck in the future with them :D

Thanks a lot for the praise man, I did not think it was that good, I guess the best stories come from not only the experiences, but how you portray your characters feelings and also mine too. It's strange how I felt almost sad to leave the resort, and that made Vincent's feelings just that more believable. One something else happens with Vince I shall write it down for you to read!

Hope I see you ingame!

*Vincent tightens the lid on his canteen. He stares into the sky, or for what he could see through the trees in a forest next to the Airbase in the northern part of South Zagoria. Ace is sleeping with his Ak by his side, Vincent pulls off a piece of Venison from the fire and begins eating, after finishing he grabs his notebook and begins writing*

So today has been fucked. As me and Ace woke up, we decided to leave the resort, go down south and grab some supplies. It was all great, me and Ace were joking around when I mentioned "We should join a group" And Ace suddenly replied with. "I've been thinking of joining the Family" I was speechless and gobsmacked. "Did he actually just say that?" I remember asking myself. I found out his friend Tim and him was joining the Family to take it down. The two of them was trying to take down the family by themselves, they are fucking fools. Ace barely knows how to use a gun that well and he doesn't even know Tim all that great either! And he's putting his life in his hands. I just told Ace to screw off and I wasn't having any part in it. The whole walk was quite quiet. We didn't talk much after that. He was going to die if he attempted that. he thought that taking out about a fraction of their numbers would be a decent trade for his and Tim's life. He is a goddamn fool and it hurts me to see him want to chuck away his life like that.

I can't convince him to not do it, he seems content and also seems like he could get out of there alive. Why would they be so reckless and stupid and why is Ace willing to throw away his life for a man who he barely knows. It took me so long to find Ace, I can't just lose him, I have to find a way to stop him from doing this, or atleast doing it with only him and Tim, he needs a bloody group to do this.

I don't know what to do, I just keep thinking of him on a fucking spit roast that they're cooking him on. I know a few of them are Cannibals and would have no problem treating Ace like another meal. I wish I know what I could do, maybe I should go with him, I can't have him screw it up and die. I will try stop him though, going into Novy is a death trap. And I don't feel like dying today.

*Vincent places down the notebook, looking at Ace and sighing, his thoughts of uncertainty swirl in his head. He places his head down against the sleeping bag, closing his eyes he tried to fall to sleep.*

• 2 months later...

Vincent strolls slowly past some trees near Vybor. He steps over a log to search the camp he last stayed at. On the ground he notices it. A weathered but intact diary. He shakes his head in stupidity[/i]

You Idiot, Vincent

Picking up his diary he stares and looks through the pages, a time where he started to lose himself. Unfortunately he still was, a nice, kind and hardened person on the outside, but a rotting dark abyss on the inside. He get's to his most recent page of his diary, grabbing his pen he begins to write

It's been a long time, I accidentally left my diary behind as I went to search for a way to communicate to Australia, but to no avail. So I walked shamelessly back... I want to get in contact with the people I need to hear from the most. Ace is here, but it's not just enough. I want to here from Wendy, my friends and my girlfriend, Jessie... Even though she left me. Hell, I want to see John... Dad.

Vincent exhales, trying to hold back tears.

What do I do? How do I see them? I miss everything that was before... You know what, fuck my pride. I was a heister, a brutal one at that. But everyone is human, and everyone cries and hurts... It's kind of sick it took this... This world around me that could turn me from that man, to this. I'm sorry Dad, although you were an asshole, a very big one at that. You were doing the right thing for all those years. You tried to hold the family together after Mum left and after Abbi's death. So your resent to your oldest rebel son as he dealt with his pain by stealing and doing drugs was real. But not because you hated me, but because you thought I hated you. And I did! But look who's the fool now? The one who pushed everyone away and ruined peoples lives is the one ruined now. Ruined and alone. The only things that keep me sane are Ace, and my gun Abbi. It's funny how a spiritual attachment to something can keep someone from losing themselves... I'm meant to be strong, but look at me.

What do I do... I've got nothing!

Vincent stands up quickly, exhaling in a furious but sad manner. He turns around and punches the tree he was leaning up against. Blood soon follows out of his knuckles. Tears and blood leak from Vincent And falls to his knees. He sits back down. grabbing a rag out of his backpack and wrapping it around his knuckle. And puts his diary in his bag. And closes his eyes

Vincent lies down on his bed, a long day of travelling, He was back at the resort, in his claimed home, in his bed. He grabs his diary out of his bag, touching the side of the bag with his knuckles and grimacing in pain

After a lot of travel, it was all for nothing. I trekked from Vybor to the Resort in hopes to find, Aurora, Zebb, Jay... Anyone. But nothing, no one. So I'll rest here tonight. it seems like all I want to do is rest, like I'm losing the motivation to move. I have a little farm out the back that I started before I left. I hid some seeds and I might weed it tomorrow. I might just stay here. What's the point of trying to find a way home. Or even a way to contact my friends and loved ones. Is this what it feels like to have almost nothing? Is this how it feels to want to give up. This is only a quick entry, I'm tired and I want to take a nap. Goodnight, I hope everyone back home is safe, and I hope they're fairing well...

Vincent throws his diary across the room, lying his head down. Closing his eyes, and trying to sleep. And hoping something comes tomorrow that's a little less than shit