Server time (UTC): 2022-10-05 19:23

Night time: Yes or No? VOTE HERE!

Conor

Do you want a day/night cycle?  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Legend

Going by this:

We have 3rd person view ON at the moment and day only, but settings can change depending on the community voice, so if you want a setting changed - create a poll!

I am creating a poll to see if people want night time added back into the servers because I know I do.

Right now it is day time only and I think it is better and more immersive if it cycles though day and night time.

So vote on the poll, yes or no whether you want night time cycled on our servers.

There is always the chance that Rolle just needs to update the thread and we do in fact have night time.

night should be around for 10,20,30 minutes, then the server should restart back to day, if your going to do something at night i think 30 mins is enough, but a lot of people just want to role-play the day has passed, then night time becomes boring and just no sense being in it, people sleep at night unless they are in a crisis or doing something important

you should add a third vote if the server should be restarted 30 mins after night time starts

I have missed night time so much since it was taken out, it is so immersive and really adds that creepy feeling to the game. Not to mention camp fire RP at night!

+1 from me

• MVP

Considering the last two evenings on the US server it has been night when I played.

It most certainly is not day time only

• Legend

i think night time offers a lot of possibilities for RP

• Diamond

NIGHT TIME IS COOL AND IS GOOD FOR RP!!

• Legend

Considering the last two evenings on the US server it has been night when I played.

It most certainly is not day time only

Then Rolle needs to update his thread :D

Conor, it was night on US and EU server yesterday pretty much all day. I am trying to alternate between day and night as best as possible.

• Legend

Conor, it was night on US and EU server yesterday pretty much all day. I am trying to alternate between day and night as best as possible.

Is it on a cycle or does it have to be manually changed by admins?

every time I logged in the us server it has been night and kosers use it to their advantage

If a KOSer wants to KOS you, he will do it no matter what time of day it is.

Right now I love the US time. Starts at 16:00 and slowly gets into night. With the servers not crashing as often, you actually get some daytime and some night time in one session :D

Maybe make it so it's "night" on certain days of the week and "day" on other days?

• MVP

Depending on the pending answer from Rampage if its on a cycle or not, I'd throw my vote in for nighttime.

Of course it shouldnt be nighttime too much since it does limit normal gameplay activities a bit, but having it at least once in a while would offer good RP opportunities. The game offers too much in terms of atmosphere and effects to be missed out merely because daytime may be more convinient.

• Emerald

I Vote yes for the night time, as my scariest feeling in dayz.

I were (on a normal server) at night in Cherno and I saw someone with a torch in there. Suddendly the bell started to ring and I almost shitted my pants. I Offered the lady with the torch some food but she then stabbed me with a knife. I Think that was the most intense feeling in dayz ever.

every time I logged in the us server it has been night and kosers use it to their advantage

yeah I know, but it is harder to identify them at night but when logs are in I'm all for night time

• Legend

yeah I know, but it is harder to identify them at night but when logs are in I'm all for night time

To identify them to a point where they can be called into a report requires you to get a name. The process of doing that is exactly the same at night as it is during the day.

Guest killsumbud

I have enjoyed the cycle of day and night since the change from persistence on, I would like that change reverted for the same reason I enjoy the night. Good RP.

• Sapphire

I play on nighttime a lot, so I'm pretty sure there's already a cycle or maybe it's manually changed by admins.If it has to be manually changed, and we can change the setting so an admin doesn't have to manually set it at nighttime, that would be awesome.

To identify them to a point where they can be called into a report requires you to get a name. The process of doing that is exactly the same at night as it is during the day.

but you can't see where they are when they shoot you in the dark

I enjoy the cycling, and aside from resets I've never really had a problem with it. But I would never suggest permanent daylight, which from what I see won't be the case.

• Sapphire

Why would night time be taken out in the first place? If this is realism then have night enabled, GET IT ON! :D

• MVP

Night time is an amazing time. I would cry forever if the server stuck to day time only. Thankfully, the admins are currently taking requests on when to change to night time/day time. I'd prefer it to be a cycle, but until we get a true cycle I'll be happy with the current request system.