Server time (UTC): 2022-09-28 05:43

Dayz today outside of server

So i log into Dayz. not whitelisted yet for the rp server. I log in to go have a good time with a friend. my screen loads up and instantly a hacker teleports to me kills me then my friend and now i am a fresh spawn again.

Sounds fun? not really. Cant wait till i can try out the RP server.

• Sapphire

Hackers and KoS'ers are what made me want to find a place were it was organized and more civil. The public servers are just too messy and don't feel like the experience is going to be different. I am hoping that I do get go on the RP server and enjoy what all the rave is about. Good luck on your application.

Even other mods (Breaking Point, looking at you) have the same KoS problems; often I'd come across groups of different classes such as a ranger and a bandit - if you were a ranger yourself and assaulted you lost 'points' for killing someone of the same class as you unless they specifically open fire first.

But IMO the worst for me on vanilla DayZ was combat loggers after an intense fight that left you injured or out of ammo :x

I've heard that hackers can even control your character, e.g. force you to eat something from your inventory, make you bandage, make you drop your gun. Which lets them come and mess with you, or just kill you. Saw a gif of it on reddit and a few people said they've had similar experiences.

The anti-cheat in Dayz is a joke, the mod was worse though.

• Sapphire

You'll never completely stop hackers. Most of them have nothing else going for them in their lives aside from developing these hacks, so they can dedicate the majority of their free time to it.

The only thing we can do here is keep tight control over who we allow on the server and try to keep track of who does what so we can ban people that abuse the rules or hack.

Once the logs are available, things will start getting better.

• Emerald

I've heard that hackers can even control your character, e.g. force you to eat something from your inventory, make you bandage, make you drop your gun. Which lets them come and mess with you, or just kill you. Saw a gif of it on reddit and a few people said they've had similar experiences.

The Anti cheat on DayZ isn't a joke, cause it's not even turned on yet. It's in monitor mode. Incoming mass wave of bans when they turn it on for real.

The Anti cheat on DayZ isn't a joke, cause it's not even turned on yet. It's in monitor mode. Incoming mass wave of bans when they turn it on for real.

I know, it works the same as Valves anti-cheat. Its joke in the way that the hackers can do the damage before they get banned.

• Emerald

I know, it works the same as Valves anti-cheat. Its joke in the way that the hackers can do the damage before they get banned.

Sort of yes...they really are not hurting anyone or anything but giving the devs all the cheats they are using so the anti-hack can work correctly against them. The are effectively making the anti-hack better by injecting their scripts . Thank you, sort of, hackers.

Honestly, my character is doing quite well in the normal servers, not military'd up or anything, but exactly what I was looking for, that being comfortable clothes, a good bag, food and water, a bow and arrows, and just for safety, a sawed off shotgun.

However I tend to do a good job at avoiding other players entirely. Here is where I don't avoid people, and that makes it fun.

I'm starting to feel like I'm missing out. I constantly see people post on here and r/dayz about hackers on the public server and yet I've never run into any. And it's not like I'm hiding 100% of the time…in fact I've enjoyed wandering around the coast even though it's usually a death sentence >.

• Sapphire

Sort of yes...they really are not hurting anyone or anything but giving the devs all the cheats they are using so the anti-hack can work correctly against them. The are effectively making the anti-hack better by injecting their scripts . Thank you, sort of, hackers.

Damn, I never thought about it like that. In order to wipe out the hackers they must...let them loose? Verrrrry interesting.

yes i do hope i can get into the server. and yes about the hackers controlling you character. ive had one unload my gun constantly. shake my aim all over the screen. freeze the game to where i can shoot but no action beyond my client responds. its bad. i see alot of hackers.

hope some day soon i can play with the real dayz players.