Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 02:23

What would you implement to provide a more fulfilling "endgame" to the Standalone?

I think that zombies should be made easier to kill (something like State of Decay) and there should be more of them. I believe this would stir players on to help each other and try to survive. Also building base and defenses would be outstanding. Like completely barricading your crew in a base. Oh, and fog, lots of it! That would be creepy as hell...

• Sapphire

I think that zombies should be made easier to kill (something like State of Decay) and there should be more of them. I believe this would stir players on to help each other and try to survive. Also building base and defenses would be outstanding. Like completely barricading your crew in a base. Oh, and fog, lots of it! That would be creepy as hell...

I think zombies are easy to kill already but yes please to more of them there isn't enough at the moment.

• Emerald

Endgame should be included in the soft skill tree. Eg, you reach the end of the soft skill tree for killing zombies, you now have the ability to use items such as a knife or screw driver to perform a takedown on zombies but with the chance of damaging the weapon used. Would be amazing to use this to stealthily kill zombies.

If your talking about weapons, a tompson smg with a drum mag, only place to find it would be in the piano building and it would spawn in a violin case.

like this:

TSMG01102.jpg

Definitely more zombies with better AI. I feel like zombies aren't a big threat in most situations. That's why I'm happy to be here, where the intention is for the zombies to be the true threat.

• Emerald

I would like to see more wildlife for example a bear or a wolf. Something that is going to try and run you down.

I would like to also see the ability to make clothes out of the skins you get from animals. As long as there were tools required, like a dry rack or something to make them.

• MVP

I've always had this idea that I think would be super hard to implement, but would be really awesome. I think that it would be kind of cool that when your character dies, they come back as a zombie in the server. I have no knowledge in game design and all that jazz, and it may be super difficult to make happen, but I think it would be kind of a neat feature in the game.

It would definitely add a really neat aspect to the role play servers because all of a sudden you have a zombie running around that was once your friend.

Call me a dreamer, but that would be awesome.

I just want houses and general construction. As groups we need to be able to start new communities. Right now we're all just vagabonds.

This ^ and to expand on it a little.

One safezone, a sort of permanent base with facilities for eventual manufacturing, engineering and trade. Skill sets that would enable none combat players to be viable and a valid part of the community. These players would be protected within the safezone. This could be expanded on to create loads of content. (tailors/doctors/engineers etc etc).

Inside the safezone you there is no god-mode, it is just impenetrable from the outside for reasons that will become clear. If you rob/kill in the safezone you are out. Permanently and on all characters thereafter.

They would then become outsiders or bandits.

These players would have access to weapons through loot, with no safezone... Anyone see an old film with Ray Liotta called No Escape? That sort of thing. The bandits would live outdoors and have access to materials to enable simple base structures but would not have the same benefits the safezone members have regarding engineering and skills. Their bases would also be attackable/raidable <(is that a word) by none bandit and other bandit players alike.

• Sapphire

Definitely more zombies with better AI. I feel like zombies aren't a big threat in most situations. That's why I'm happy to be here, where the intention is for the zombies to be the true threat.

Wow, complete opposite for me. I don't play a large-scale, multiplayer game on a roleplay-oriented server to battle computer-controlled AI. I can play Arma 3 or Left 4 Dead if I want that sort of experience.

I agree with the people saying player structures. One of the big competing games, Rust, focuses mostly on base-building, and that ends up providing a more long-term goal, and it encourages people to gather together and settle rather than constantly roaming. Given that (IMO) the only thing Rust really has over DayZ is the structure building, adding structures to DayZ would basically crush Rust completely.

I just want houses and general construction. As groups we need to be able to start new communities. Right now we're all just vagabonds.

This ^ and to expand on it a little.

One safezone, a sort of permanent base with facilities for eventual manufacturing, engineering and trade. Skill sets that would enable none combat players to be viable and a valid part of the community. These players would be protected within the safezone. This could be expanded on to create loads of content. (tailors/doctors/engineers etc etc).

Inside the safezone you there is no god-mode, it is just impenetrable from the outside for reasons that will become clear. If you rob/kill in the safezone you are out. Permanently and on all characters thereafter.

They would then become outsiders or bandits.

These players would have access to weapons through loot, with no safezone... Anyone see an old film with Ray Liotta called No Escape? That sort of thing. The bandits would live outdoors and have access to materials to enable simple base structures but would not have the same benefits the safezone members have regarding engineering and skills. Their bases would also be attackable/raidable <(is that a word) by none bandit and other bandit players alike.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. A safe zone would be cool as long as it's completely player ran. No game mechanic making it a safe zone. Game mechanic safe zones ruin RP.

I'm going to have to disagree with you. A safe zone would be cool as long as it's completely player ran. No game mechanic making it a safe zone. Game mechanic safe zones ruin RP.

It would be completely player run. I would just like to somehow implement consequences for "bad guys" - the MAIN issue of dayz is the lack of incentive to not play the easy mode bandit style.

For example, hostages could be taken by bandits and traded for supplies they wouldn't have access to otherwise.

It would be completely player run. I would just like to somehow implement consequences for "bad guys" - the MAIN issue of dayz is the lack of incentive to not play the easy mode bandit style.

For example, hostages could be taken by bandits and traded for supplies they wouldn't have access to otherwise.

It's not player ran if there is a force field and a system that bans people from the safe zone. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

I've always had this idea that I think would be super hard to implement, but would be really awesome. I think that it would be kind of cool that when your character dies, they come back as a zombie in the server. I have no knowledge in game design and all that jazz, and it may be super difficult to make happen, but I think it would be kind of a neat feature in the game.

It would definitely add a really neat aspect to the role play servers because all of a sudden you have a zombie running around that was once your friend.

>dies from glitch

>turns into zombie

>see zombie self later on

I can see issues here

• MVP

>dies from glitch

>turns into zombie

>see zombie self later on

I can see issues here

... Oh... I didn't think that one out :P

Wow, complete opposite for me. I don't play a large-scale, multiplayer game on a roleplay-oriented server to battle computer-controlled AI. I can play Arma 3 or Left 4 Dead if I want that sort of experience.

Nor do I. I'm not here to battle AI. I wasn't trying to imply that. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else. I'm just trying to express that zombie AI was and continues to be a problem, at least for me. I could be alone in that, and that's fine. I was only trying to reflect the lore and ability for complete immersion in the vein and spirit of RP when I referred to the zombie AI. I'm also completely with you about structures and base building. I'm not sure how I forgot to mention that in my original post.

Nor do I. I'm not here to battle AI. I wasn't trying to imply that. I'm here for the same reason as everyone else. I'm just trying to express that zombie AI was and continues to be a problem, at least for me. I could be alone in that, and that's fine. I was only trying to reflect the lore and ability for complete immersion in the vein and spirit of RP when I referred to the zombie AI. I'm also completely with you about structures and base building. I'm not sure how I forgot to mention that in my original post.

I would love better AI and more zombies. As great as interacting with other characters is, I would still like a challenge when it comes to the infected. Right now the most dangerous thing in the game is water and the cold.

Cities don't feel as dangerous as they should be. I think scavenging the big cities should be something you have to do as a group.

Perhaps when the Dev's implement more vehicles they could introduce more interactive a meaningful vehicles such as that of a camper van, perhaps? But also tying in with what 'Dalton' said about a 'Player-Ran' safezone, I feel as though this could be a massive thing to give the community and if executed correctly could spark some radical rp! :)

Perhaps when the Dev's implement more vehicles they could introduce more interactive a meaningful vehicles such as that of a camper van, perhaps? But also tying in with what 'Dalton' said about a 'Player-Ran' safezone, I feel as though this could be a massive thing to give the community and if executed correctly could spark some radical rp! :)

What about some airstream trailers? :D That would be awesome! A player ran safe zone would be really great. It would take a lot of effort though. Probably a few groups in different time zones would all have to pitch in on security.

It's not player ran if there is a force field and a system that bans people from the safe zone. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're saying.

Banned permanently from safe zone for murder/robbery. So in that respect yes i guess.

There has to be a way to make heroic play viable. This would also enable a whole new community of people. People who shun combat gameplay but want an rp survival experience.

Not everyone in TWD for example runs round screwdrivering walkers to death.

Hey it might not work but it's an idea!

Have you seen No Escape? quite a bad old movie but the idea of the camp there. A bit like Mad Max 2 even.

Banned permanently from safe zone for murder/robbery. So in that respect yes i guess.

There has to be a way to make heroic play viable. This would also enable a whole new community of people. People who shun combat gameplay but want an rp survival experience.

Not everyone in TWD for example runs round screwdrivering walkers to death.

Hey it might not work but it's an idea!

Have you seen No Escape? quite a bad old movie but the idea of the camp there. A bit like Mad Max 2 even.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I think a safe zone is a fantastic idea as long as it's ran completely by players without the help of any game mechanics. Where is the RP and immersion in hitting an invisible wall?