Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 08:27

Toweling off?

• Sapphire

I know it's a bit early to make suggestions given the lack of mod tools for SA, but is there any indication that we'll be able to dry off more easily? I mean, a fire is nice and all, but in all honesty, I should be able to take off wet clothes and then use something, like a shirt or rags, to dry myself off (thus drying me and dampening them in the process), and then put on dry clothes and be fine.

Running around "soaking" wet after changing into dry clothing is sort of irritating.

• Sapphire

I like this idea, like you could carry a towel or something?

I'm pretty sure you could ring off your clothes

You can wring them out, but it takes a long time and still only reduces them to damp. That's realistic, since you can't really completely dry clothes by wringing them out.

Putting on dry clothes when you're wet is uncomfortable and chafes, but I can tell you from personal experience that throwing on dry, warm clothes without the convenience of a towel to dry off is still a hell of a lot better than staying in those wet clothes.

• MVP

You can right click your clothes and wring them out to put them down to damp :)

You can actually fully wring out your clothes to dry status. Keep wringing them until you no longer get the "wring out..." option on said apparel then simply drop it on the ground and re-equip it. It's currently a visual bug that it keeps the damp marker after you have finished wringing it out.

• MVP

I know it sucks realistically to run around in "wet clothing", but... why is it so bad? Sure, it's uncomfortable, but I haven't been freezing to death either. o_O

• Sapphire

I know it sucks realistically to run around in "wet clothing", but... why is it so bad? Sure, it's uncomfortable, but I haven't been freezing to death either. o_O

Lucky you. I've actually been in the position before where I got to pick death or starvation.

When, by the time you finally dry off, you're at the hypothermic state, it's raining outside, and you're inside by a warm fire but you're starving, your only options are either run out in the rain and die of hypothermia, or stay in the warm house and die of starvation. That has happened to me at least once.

• Sapphire

How do you wrong out your clothes? I was caught in a massive downpour yesterday but when I got to a building and tried to right click my wet clothes it only gave me the option to inspect.

I took them off too and still it only said inspect.

It may have something to do with stuff being in the inventory slots?

How do you wrong out your clothes? I was caught in a massive downpour yesterday but when I got to a building and tried to right click my wet clothes it only gave me the option to inspect.

I took them off too and still it only said inspect.

You need to have nothing in your hands, then you can wring them out.

I know it's a bit early to make suggestions given the lack of mod tools for SA, but is there any indication that we'll be able to dry off more easily? I mean, a fire is nice and all, but in all honesty, I should be able to take off wet clothes and then use something, like a shirt or rags, to dry myself off (thus drying me and dampening them in the process), and then put on dry clothes and be fine.

Running around "soaking" wet after changing into dry clothing is sort of irritating.

I was actually just thinking the same thing yesterday that and them adding whisky bottles that we can fill with gasoline and drench rags in gasoline to make molotovs that would be cool

• Sapphire

Only problem I can see with molotovs is that making a dynamic pool of fire might be difficult in the DayZ engine. Then again, it might be no more difficult than creating a temporary fireplace that you can't interact with.

Might also make fire extinguishers more useful.