Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 16:54

Banned prior to getting ingame due to having a VAC infraction.

dofujohn

Link to the source of punishment (report/post):

Banned for admitting to hacking, however there is no source as it was a TS admission.

Why the verdict is not fair:

I do not believe that I should be punished for a past mistake. I have maintained an ALT account on the same game that I was banned for with over 200 competitive hours and another 100 on simple death match. So fast forwarding to now, I felt that before I would apply to the server it would be best to approach it with a transparent state of mind. So I spoke to a GM whom I cannot seem to recall the name of and told him about my past VAC ban and he told me that he would ask around and reply with an answer. Unfortunately I was forced to get off seeing as I had finals the next day (Which I hopefully aced) and with that I went to bed. So today I log back in and find that I was banned. I fully understand why I was banned however I feel that I am deserving of a new chance, after all this ban was over half a year ago as well as having maintained over 200 hours on CS:GO after my ban.

Additional statements/comments explaining your point of view:

I am a new member of the community and I would like for a trial period, possibly to be observed and have some player interaction. I thoroughly enjoy RP and have been doing it for 2 years now on a different game (Mount and blade:Warband, Persistant World mod). I was an avid member of the NEXUS community prior to its dismantlement. While I do not deny ever hacking on CS:GO what I would like to deny is ever hacking prior or after said events. I would like for a chance to prove my worthiness of this gracious server aswell as hopefully to be allowed to be unbanned.

If any staff members would like to see proof of anything I will gladly and willingly submit any information needed. While I understand that my chance of being unbanned is slim as the community has a zero-tolerance for hacking I would like to be forgiven for my past crimes. I have learned from them and now understand that it not only gives me an unfair advantage, it spoils others experience in the game.

What would you like to achieve with this appeal:

To be given the chance to whitelist and hopefully be allowed on this server.

What could you have done better?:

I could have never downloaded hacks or even attempted to use such petty programs to achieve a goal, but worked harder to improve my own playstyle.

I cannot seem to find the edit button, so I will be adding the GM's name whom I spoke with. His name is Othuyeg. Thank you for your time.

• Legend

Verdict

Appeal Granted.

Explanation

We have decided what is done in games not related to Arma 2/3 and Day Z as well as any other games we currently host is not something that we can legitimately ban for. However be warned that you will be scrutinized going forward so if anything strange occurs due to your actions we will not be afraid to re-institute the permanent ban.

Outcome

Appeal Granted.