Server time (UTC): 2022-10-02 19:15

Dynamic Events
STARTING SOON | 2022-10-02 19:30:00 (server time) | Starts in 14 minutes

Idea: trading post

Guest Aquanoise

Guest Aquanoise

How cool would it be if there was a official place on the map where players can come and trade with eachother (green mountain?). There should also be server rules to make the trading post a safe place.

What do you guys think?

• MVP

Tried it in the mod, never worked out as planned.

So no, sorry.

• Emerald

/moving to suggestions

• El Presidente

So no, sorry.

It worked perfectly, what are you talking about :D

Soon

• Diamond

As Tamaster said: No.

Been there, done that. It doesnt work and causes more problems then anything.

• Emerald

We seem to be able to pull it off at green mountain alot, shit goes down from time to time, but what do you expect from a zombie apocalypse ;) I enjoy both the peaceful times and the shit-hits-the-fan times, great to see everyones characters in different situations =)

So no, sorry.

Soon

please dont ruin SA as well with OOC protected areas :P

• Legend

i think it's a awesome idea but hard to realise, would be a cool RP spot tho

Looking at the present KOS situation, i fail to understand how one can say that such a place would "ruin" SA.

It is highly unlikely that no form at all of a Tradepost should exist, and just because the possible making of one is in the loop, people should at least try it first.

I had superb RP events in the Mod´s TP. There was great IC trades and merchant RP going on. Campfire stories that was based on the lore and events happening that same day, great place to meet new people, trade events to look forward to in an area where trolls and "distant KOSers" could not bug you etc. and so on.

SA has another mechanics all together, so i would at least hope people could try it before voting it down.

• Emerald

As long as it's not 'protected' and completely player organized, I have no issues. But, it will be monitored.

• Sapphire

Soon

Rolle plz.....No god no

• Sapphire

I have not played the mod rp and I don't see the problem with it. but why is every one mad?

lets just say

Good in theory horrible in practice

would be a good summary I think

I have not played the mod rp and I don't see the problem with it. but why is every one mad?

Some players felt it was a "safe haven" that people used to get out of fights and be safe all the time. It all depends on what you find game worthy, but me personally had so many fond RP sessions in there that i would love for a new Tradepost to be created.

Some players felt it was a "safe haven" that people used to get out of fights and be safe all the time. It all depends on what you find game worthy, but me personally had so many fond RP sessions in there that i would love for a new Tradepost to be created.

I guess you can mod the rules from the modRP days so what happened previously would not happen in here

No thanks i don't want an invisible bubble that nobody leaves around an area that restricts me from robbing someone, unless we would be aloud to initiate on the place then that's all good.

As long as it's not 'protected' and completely player organized, I have no issues. But, it will be monitored.

I guess you can mod the rules from the modRP days so what happened previously would not happen in here

Basically what Thumper said above. It can very much be created and even bring in a ton of new RP.

The premise of trading is brilliant and suits this game down to the ground, everything has a value and maybe with persistence it can be more achievable?

Part of the roleplay me and a few friends tried was to have ready fueled jerry cans at a petrol station on the map, so the drivers knew where to go to get fuel easily.. at a price of course, but it saved people looking for and carrying a can around etc. There was the obvious threat to us, but its the sort of idea that would benefit from more vehicles and persistent vehicles as the game develops.

anther thing this is SA you can initiate and even kill any where in the map

You could do that in the mod as well more or less, but it is more of a matter of opinion about the tradepost´s existence or not. We do need a bit of both tbh. Not fully regulated, but observed and with a set of rules.

The premise of trading is brilliant and suits this game down to the ground, everything has a value and maybe with persistence it can be more achievable?

Part of the roleplay me and a few friends tried was to have ready fueled jerry cans at a petrol station on the map, so the drivers knew where to go to get fuel easily.. at a price of course, but it saved people looking for and carrying a can around etc. There was the obvious threat to us, but its the sort of idea that would benefit from more vehicles and persistent vehicles as the game develops.

Sad part is that people take advantage of this just for either their own gameplay or for trolling etc. One huge problem that was a big annoyance for me in the mod was that people respected for example the medics storage tents, but as soon as people logged off, they robbed it clean.

You can not lock a container, thus some will always go past that and systematically steal when people are not playing. Metagaming in essence.

A tradepost should be for all, with the same chance of trading and making a profit for the cost of your actions and roleplay. Not just because you log on when none are around and take it for free.

• Emerald

Well, at most so called safe heavens you can find a trader.

I have seen people hoarding a shitload of items, just to have some friendly trading rp.

I like it allot.

The thing with one place grouped with all sort of traders would cause trouble.

Although in theory it would be great. But it will attrac KoS/RDM/BadRP.

I would say hold off till logs to organise something like that, or if you can handle the troubles, go for it.

No thanks i don't want an invisible bubble that nobody leaves around an area that restricts me from robbing someone, unless we would be aloud to initiate on the place then that's all good.

Such a quote is a big portion of the problem. You cannot see a TP as a possible RP hub instead? Also, why should the option of robbing someone be so important? We are here to Roleplay and not only rob people. Roleplay should have priority and even if the area becomes off limits to hostility or under a form of rule set that prevents hostility, it is still up to one and all if one wants to go there.

The previous trade post had tons of good roleplay and character interactions. To say it was only a safe haven for gear gathering players in hiding is just as incorrect as to say that ALL combat based interactions in the SA now is now played out by trolls and ooc players.

Such a quote is a big portion of the problem. You cannot see a TP as a possible RP hub instead? Also, why should the option of robbing someone be so important? We are here to Roleplay and not only rob people. Roleplay should have priority and even if the area becomes off limits to hostility or under a form of rule set that prevents hostility, it is still up to one and all if one wants to go there.

The previous trade post had tons of good roleplay and character interactions. To say it was only a safe haven for gear gathering players in hiding is just as incorrect as to say that ALL combat based interactions in the SA now is now played out by trolls and ooc players.

robbery and kos is anther reason why a tp would be nice because as of now these are the only ways new players and trolls use to get your gear

I'm not exactly sure why you class robbing as 'not rp'

Places such as the TP which were a HUGE magnet for people thus leaving many parts of the map abandoned. And as SVR/E1 about 80% of all my robberies/Firefights have been within a 4km radius of the TP and for that specific reason

The TP brought a whole flood of reports, trolling, sexual rp, nvfl, you name it.

And the fact that it was all watched by an invisible force which was always there even when it wasn't (ctc) that could mortar an entire roadblock within minutes of it being built is not really immersive either.

And never forget the constant noise pollution, text spam and my favorite, people who go to TP, stay for half an hour, go outside the boundaries, log out and then later come back, never being in ANY kind of danger in a goddamn zombie APOCALYPSE.

Anyway, This will most likely not be possible until there is actual modding available to the server, unless the TP is to consist of a single jail building and a radio tower with a multiple hour punishment timer for the rule breakers.