Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 16:21

first few encounters

So last night played on the US server for the first time, woke up in Solnichniy grabbed what i could and headed east to Dolina. As I walk into the police station 2 guys stopped me, talking in deliverance style southern accents tell me to walk outside. I drop my weapons as they said, i had an empty sks and a wood axe. Next one tells me to lay down, then one starts counting, I asked "why, you've already disarmed me?" they keep counting down, at 2 i think, no im not going to make it easy for them and tried to run. I get shotgun blasted in my legs and fall. as one of them walks over to me, talking about something i used the morphine i had on me, got back up and proceeded to lead them on a benny hill style chase around the town, made a pass back infront of the police station, grabbed my axe, and booked it into the woods.

Today, after exploring Novo I headed towards devil's castle in hopes to find a sword. I was climbing the wooden stairs and got surprised to find 3 guys already there, turns out they were some friendly fellows and after swapping some stories, trading a few items, and enjoying a steak dinner with them. I headed east thinking maybe not everyone wants to rob or eat me.

• Sapphire

That sucks that those guys didn't really RP. But what is really good is that you met up with good people and your RP experience wasn't completely ruined.

Well I really can't see any RP in the first scenario, from both sides. The did tge lowest RP level robbery there is, and you reacted totally unrealistically to the robbery, when someone aims a gun at you you need to be at least a bit of scared abd nit run like rambo and magically heal yourself from a gun sgot to the with some injection, especially in a middle of comvat RP (and also when you don't RP someone with special medical skills, but I dont know your character so I can't realy say that).

Tgat was my opinion on your story.

the Fight or Flight instinct is one of the most basic in humans, saying i should have sat there and complied is more unrealistic than running. I do understand RP but RP to the point of ignoring game mechanics is too much. Morphine and Adrenaline are two very powerful things, people have been known to fight through mortal wounds for hours before succumbing to them. Right now the game mechanics for wounds are very simple, bleeding or broken are really the only two options and broken bones only have an on or off function, either you can't run or you can. Seeing as I didnt have a loaded gun on me at the time I reacted as I would have in real life, get the hell out of there.

the Fight or Flight instinct is one of the most basic in humans, saying i should have sat there and complied is more unrealistic than running. I do understand RP but RP to the point of ignoring game mechanics is too much. Morphine and Adrenaline are two very powerful things, people have been known to fight through mortal wounds for hours before succumbing to them. Right now the game mechanics for wounds are very simple, bleeding or broken are really the only two options and broken bones only have an on or off function, either you can't run or you can. Seeing as I didnt have a loaded gun on me at the time I reacted as I would have in real life, get the hell out of there.

1. The gun you got heated by was a shotgun so you had few wounds in your leg so the medicine wasn't RP. If you had used a split that can support the leg while running I wouldn't say a word

Hmmm, " talking in deliverance style southern accents ." I'm usually playing with my friends so I don't give it much thought, but the other night on a non-RP server some guy I'd met about a minute before asked me where I'm from. I imagine it was due to my Alabama accent. :D Unfortunately, I can't do much about it (without a speech coach and a few months of lessons, this is, if I wanted to do something about it). Anyway, if you meet me I'll probably have a deliverance style southern accent without even realizing it! he he

d/g/jjPhD

• Sapphire

So last night played on the US server for the first time, woke up in Solnichniy grabbed what i could and headed east to Dolina. As I walk into the police station 2 guys stopped me, talking in deliverance style southern accents tell me to walk outside. I drop my weapons as they said, i had an empty sks and a wood axe. Next one tells me to lay down, then one starts counting, I asked "why, you've already disarmed me?" they keep counting down, at 2 i think, no im not going to make it easy for them and tried to run. I get shotgun blasted in my legs and fall. as one of them walks over to me, talking about something i used the morphine i had on me, got back up and proceeded to lead them on a benny hill style chase around the town, made a pass back infront of the police station, grabbed my axe, and booked it into the woods.

Today, after exploring Novo I headed towards devil's castle in hopes to find a sword. I was climbing the wooden stairs and got surprised to find 3 guys already there, turns out they were some friendly fellows and after swapping some stories, trading a few items, and enjoying a steak dinner with them. I headed east thinking maybe not everyone wants to rob or eat me.

Sounds like the experience I want, the second part i mean, dont fancy getting my legs blown off xD