Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 22:56

Bring back the DZRP mod

Mathematics

As much as I agree with you"because of my love of RP and the dayz mod" I think they already stated in the last thread that it wouldn't happen. It's a shame though, the mod has a lot of life in it.

Loved the mod, heck I started to play DayZ about a week after release on Arma II. But it's dead and that's just a shameful reality. It was said that it would not come back either :( but it's best to move on ;)

• Emerald

I feel like this would be one of those things the community really wants but when they get it, no one plays.

I adore the mod, but I'm not gonna play it again if it comes back. Let it sleep.

• Sapphire

It died a while ago, the server activity is enough evidence to show that pretty much everyone has moved onto SA.

• Sapphire

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-dayzrp-mod-end-of-life

Why bother bringing back the mod? Having a server costs money, let's put the money to the SA. The Mod has seen a decline in popularity so I don't think it's worth it

Playing on a broken, incomplete product or on a well-established, albeit buggy product.... I'll take the latter option, especially when players, or more specifically modders, have already found ways to counter the bugs in said well-established product.

Alternatively, I'd suggest investing more into ARMA 3 and possibly meeting the Epoch devs halfway to aid in development of their mod, which shows more promise than SA does currently.

• Emerald

I feel like this would be one of those things the community really wants but when they get it, no one plays.

This. Epoch came, everybody acted really hyped for it, but when it came, it died almost instantly (if it ever really lived). The mod is dead, time to move on.

• MVP

snip

This. Epoch came, everybody acted really hyped for it, but when it came, it died almost instantly (if it ever really lived). The mod is dead, time to move on.

This is what would happen. Most of the community has moved to SA/Epoch. There is no need to bring the mod back.

• Sapphire

This is what would happen. Most of the community has moved to SA/Epoch. There is no need to bring the mod back.

When I referred to Epoch, I was speaking of the ARMA 3 version, m8.

• Diamond

Epoch ruined the DayZ mod.

Not completely, but that was over a year ago.

• MVP

It would be all hype and no players, just like every other time we tried previously.

Let it die in peace and remember the fun times you had.

As for ARMA 3, something is being worked on but we are not ready to show it just yet. Plus of course standalone gets better every update

Mods that focused more on gear and vehicles than survival ruined the DayZ. Where we could have had more mods like 2017 we got Overwatch, Epoch and their bastard child Overpoch which took the survival out of DayZ and made it Arma 2 deathmatch/wasteland with some zombies.

I completely agree with you there and any attempt at emulating the 2017 mod back in the 'hardcore server' days was hap-hazardly done and came at a time when the servers were generally quiet.

I've lost all hope of finding a 'hardcore' experience here in terms of gameplay and immersion and I've just accepted that the RP here, though well monitored and governed by staff will always be on the casual side due to the nature of the game wanting to appeal to the masses more than creating a truly unique experience here.

That's not to discredit the work and RP of people here, it's just not the same experience now as it was back in late 2013. It may be nostalgia but back then I'd be pressing record on my capture software every time I met someone because there was a really great chance of having an awesome RP experience but I haven't recorded a single thing in months.

The mod is gone because Standalone is simply a better game in my view but the community right now is quite the opposite and is not as appealing as it once was. I'll probably wait until I can get into the servers, we've had the usual post-YouTuber/streamer cull and when logs are introduced before considering logging in.

Guest Vittoria

Nothing else to be said.

Well that doesn't help the case.

Anyways, it would be what Tamaster said, all hype with nobody playing it, just like Namalsk.

fuck standalone, bring back the mod. not the epoch shit, or the last version of the RP mod we had that was more broken than SA, but just vanilla dayz mod

do it

now

please?

It would be all hype and no players, just like every other time we tried previously.

Let it die in peace and remember the fun times you had.

As for ARMA 3, something is being worked on but we are not ready to show it just yet. Plus of course standalone gets better every update

I played a long part of the campaign yesterday, and it is so superb that game if you look at it through an RP perspective. However, i fear that it can easily fail if it is not watched carefully because it is a more "mature" game in the sense of the existence of all simulator based military gear etc.

I could very much see a dark gritty more RL based simulator being played out, but i really don´t want to see Hello Kitty cars and soldiers in a flowery dress running around lolling the server to death.

• MVP

soldiers in a flowery dress

Sounds like SA to me :troll:

• Sapphire

Plus of course standalone gets better every update

Hahah... hahah... Best Joke 2015 goes to Tamaster!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't have an issue with SA if not for the idiots that have flocked to it and leaked over to the DZRP servers as a result, nor if the DayZ devs would focus on fixing what's broken before trying to pile more things and broken things on top of it all.

Epoch ruined the DayZ mod.

Mods that focused more on gear and vehicles than survival ruined the DayZ. Where we could have had more mods like 2017 we got Overwatch, Epoch and their bastard child Overpoch which took the survival out of DayZ and made it Arma 2 deathmatch/wasteland with some zombies.

2017 was pretty fun for what little I could play with it, seeing as a lot of the servers kicked me for ping when it was out and a thing, more mods like it would of been great or even if it was more popular. Many mods broke DayZ yes and I agree that other things like Overwatch helped break DayZ but there were some Overwatch servers that had the vanilla taste with the normal spawn system, day/night cycles and the gear was spread out, no m240's in a barn. I found Overwatch a little more fun only due to the larger variety of weapons and clothing. One server in particular I know for sure done this was.. I cant say in fear of being banned for advertising. I still feel Epoch ruined DayZ for my self and I am sure many others, sky towers, traders, safe zones the list goes on.

• Sapphire

Plus of course standalone gets better every update

Hahah... hahah... Best Joke 2015 goes to Tamaster!

In all seriousness, I wouldn't have an issue with SA if not for the idiots that have flocked to it and leaked over to the DZRP servers as a result, nor if the DayZ devs would focus on fixing what's broken before trying to pile more things and broken things on top of it all.

You know that box that you click when the game starts up? The one that says the games buggy cuz its in ALPHA...Let the mod sleep awhile. I think the community is fine without it.