Server time (UTC): 2022-09-28 06:39

DayzRP Mythbusters

Blizzard

dayzrp mythbusters  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Emerald

Well with all the glitches ,crashes, broken features and problems an alpha brings It would be nice to know and better understand these glitches. Well I would like to propose starting a mythbusting thread with me and whoever else would like to participate in this, preferably staff for reasons ill explain further at the end. Every update I will purposely try to recreate these bugs to see exactly why they happen and what we can do to avoid them happing to us while playing.

Not all bugs or glitches will be posted tho, dupe bugs and other obvious glitches that would give you and advantage will be kept among the staff for future reference. All other glitches/bugs will be posted here in a constantly updated post, along with ways to avoid the glitch.

For now DO NOT post your bugs, I will just test the ones Ive seen in the forums and post results for them. For now i want to see how everyone feels about this idea from both the community and the staff before I sink alot of time into this. Not to mention trying to purposely do alot of the glitches will most likely lead to my death multiple times, so I still need to talk to staff to see if it would conflict with rules or if it would be a small exception for the sake of science.

Here's a few I've discovered on my own in the most recent patch 0.52

1.) Character Resets - This seems to happen in one of 2 ways, either you linger for an extended amount of time after the server resets/crashes or you logged in while the server itself is still trying to load everything.

A.) log out shortly after you get the red countdown, there's no rush to log out just avoid staying in longer the 5 mins.

B.) As of the resent update this isn't as bad as it was, still to be extra safe wait until the servers in-game time moves at least 1 min. ( Ive seen the time start at ie. 09:00 and hang at that for a bit then jump to the time it was intended to be ie. 16:00. It seems if you log in at that small window it resets you as well.)

2.) Stuck Items - this happens 2 ways, the first happens when a server crash/restart happens and the second I haven't been able to figure out yet

A.) Right click an item if it gets stuck at receiving then either your internet derped or the server is crashing/reseting, If you can still interact with items then see below.

B.) If this happens just move the item off the inventory window one time, this will "unstick" it and allow you to interact and otherwise pick up the item

3.) Stair's and second floors - This happens when you walk up certain stairs with a weapon out , I haven't tested this extensively. I can say one thing I have never died from this glitch, just by following one little rule. yes I go into these building on a regular basis and have never had this issue but have observed it multiple times.

A.) Keep your weapon holstered AT ALL TIMES while inside those buildings on the staircases and upper floors, vaulting also is soposed to reset your position but i haven't seen this first hand.

**NOTE** I shall add more to this later, right now im waiting on staff to see this and decide if its a good idea for me to do this.

• Emerald

Basically, what you want is to group all the PSA threads?

Like grouping all the work arounds or?

• MVP

for breaking legs etc upstairs - vault once you reach a higher floor. It resets your characters position relative to the server and should solve that issue

• Diamond

Maybe move this to the guide section?

• Emerald

Basically, what you want is to group all the PSA threads?

Like grouping all the work arounds or?

pretty much, ill also be going ingame and purposely recreating these glitches myself to see if there isnt another way around them.

• Emerald

pretty much, ill also be going ingame and purposely recreating these glitches myself to see if there isnt another way around them.

You'll spend alot of time on the coast then :P

• Sapphire

for breaking legs etc upstairs - vault once you reach a higher floor. It resets your characters position relative to the server and should solve that issue

Indeed I have been doing this for a while and can confirm that it at least seems to work fine having your gun out or not makes very little difference if you have already vaulted.

• Emerald

I never have my weapon on my shoulders when going around militairy bases, always carry it around. When I reach the top of the stairs I always vault, haven't broken my legs since I started doing that.

Thus I think you have to test the weapon on back one for clarification.

• Emerald

Well jsut my two cents, but just roam the forums here, use the search function and you'll already find most of the stuff you are looking for.

Even on youtube there are a ton of videos of work arounds.

It's a noble cause, but most things already have been posted...

You could ask mods to group stuff around in one thread.