Server time (UTC): 2022-09-28 05:48

Epoch Forums

Revocane

• Emerald

I really only play ARMA 3 Epoch so I've been regularly checking the forums and home page since the server for it went down with the latest patch. I noticed the Epoch forum section is archived completely? What happened? Was the ARMA 3 Epoch server abandoned?

• MVP

Last I knew Epoch is waiting to be worked on until we could used Bornholm, but that plan might have dropped along with Epoch completely, so I'm not entirely sure.

• Emerald

Last I knew Epoch is waiting to be worked on until we could used Bornholm, but that plan might have dropped along with Epoch completely, so I'm not entirely sure.

After Epoch's last update Bornholm was made compatible with it. Hell, Rolle had switched the map over to it on the server. I even got a few minutes to run around in it before he shut it down for the Devs to work on. Tamaster was too sick to start on it up until last week and Igi was busy with something else as far as I know...

But nothing else is said about it and the forum is archived when I checked today so now I'm worried.

• MVP

After Epoch's last update Bornholm was made compatible with it. Hell, Rolle had switched the map over to it on the server. I even got a few minutes to run around in it before he shut it down for the Devs to work on. Tamaster was too sick to start on it up until last week and Igi was busy with something else as far as I know...

But nothing else is said about it and the forum is archived when I checked today so now I'm worried.

I guess it'll be best to wait for an official answer from the devs/admins about the state of Epoch then. I feel like Rolle would at least announce somewhere in the sub-forum if Epoch were to be gone forever.

• El Presidente

It's... complicated.

With the release of Epoch we were hoping to establish a stable alternative to the SA servers. Unfortunately, the ArmA3 Epoch release left much to be desired - restrictions set by the developers and encrypted files mean we cannot edit or adjust the gameplay on our servers the way we want to. So, it's been put on hold for now.

We've started working on something completely different for ArmA3 though, we will announce more information once we have a working demo and something to show, don't want to announce any more "ghost" projects just for them to die 2 weeks later.

• Emerald

It's... complicated.

With the release of Epoch we were hoping to establish a stable alternative to the SA servers. Unfortunately, the ArmA3 Epoch release left much to be desired - restrictions set by the developers and encrypted files mean we cannot edit or adjust the gameplay on our servers the way we want to. So, it's been put on hold for now.

We've started working on something completely different for ArmA3 though, we will announce more information once we have a working demo and something to show, don't want to announce any more "ghost" projects just for them to die 2 weeks later.

Thanks for the reply, Rolle. I will stop holding my breath for the Epoch server to come back up now that I know this. Seemed fine the way it was before but you guys run the show!

This thread can be resolved as my question has been answered.

• El Presidente

We've started working on something completely different for ArmA3 though

King Of The Hill?

Better.

• Sapphire

Better.

Oh god