Server time (UTC): 2022-10-07 04:05

Did this go down ok?

Guest MaxVonTroubador

Guest MaxVonTroubador

Just held up two guys on my second day on the server. It was not planned, they just wandered into the area I was in. I watched them light a fire and sit beside it. One of them had his gun out still in a sitting position, the other did not so I had my repeater aimed at him. As I stepped out I called over to them, instructing them not to move or I would shoot.

I don't think they had known each other for long. One guy complied and spoke back to me while the other stayed silent and shot at me with his AKM causing a lot of damage (my jacket was ruined and I was bleeding on very low blood). I immediately returned fire, killing him with one shot to the head.

The other guy remained compliant and when I told him to stand and drop his gun on the floor, he did before moving away with his hands up. I was in a rush with him as I was bleeding out and couldn't risk bandaging but I trusted him. After a bit of nervous fumbling to cuff him (they were ruined when I was shot), I asked him to bandage me instead so I didn't need to cuff him.

I spoke to him telling him that I would not have shot if his friend had not opened fire first and that I was sorry it had to go down that way. He understood.

I looted a few things from the guy I killed and told the other that he could keep his stuff and anything I left behind. I instructed him to stay with his hands up until I was out of sight or I would shoot him and again he complied. I left and that was it.

Did I do this right? I hope so because it was great. In normal servers it would have been horribly messy. This was like a movie!

(Not a bandit but not a hero either)

In a way yes, but i feel like you could have been more realistic and gave better RP. A person who has just been shot, really wouldnt be able to hold up another guy, despite you killing the other man. But you know, game mechanics :P

• Emerald

/moving to standalone discussion

Sounded like a tense situation man and also very well played out. Sounds like some good rp went down.

Guest MaxVonTroubador

In a way yes, but i feel like you could have been more realistic and gave better RP. A person who has just been shot, really wouldnt be able to hold up another guy, despite you killing the other man. But you know, game mechanics :P

Yeah I hear you on that man, to be fair I think it actually played the RP out more as I was desperate to be bandaged, you could hear the panic in my voice. I only just managed it. The wound I received could well have been a flesh wound and in a situation like that, the adrenaline would carry me on for a bit at least.

Uploading to youtube now so will post the link when it comes up. Don't judge on the accent though! It is a work in progress :)

It was not planned,

Says it all.

According to the rules, yes it was alright. However before robbing someone I think you should take 2 steps back and think: Why should I rob this guy? Do I have a good reason? Can I provide him with some creative RP? Will he enjoy it? etc..

The worst robberies you can do is the ones where you Initiate, walk up to them say a few things, take some stuff and leave.

Don't get me wrong though, its good that you managed to keep it within the rules on your first robbery, not a lot of people can do that. However I encourage you to get a feel for the server and roleplay before going straight bandit.

Oh, and doesn't this condradict what you just did?

(Not a bandit but not a hero either)

Guest MaxVonTroubador

/moving to standalone discussion

Sounded like a tense situation man and also very well played out. Sounds like some good rp went down.

Just uploading to youtube so will post a link on here when its up. Please don't judge onmy accent, it's my first day!

Says it all.

It was not planned,

According to the rules, yes it was alright. However before robbing someone I think you should take 2 steps back and think: Why should I rob this guy? Do I have a good reason? Can I provide him with some creative RP? Will he enjoy it? etc..

The worst robberies you can do is the ones where you Initiate, walk up to them say a few things, take some stuff and leave.

Don't get me wrong though, its good that you managed to keep it within the rules on your first robbery, not a lot of people can do that. However I encourage you to get a feel for the server and roleplay before going straight bandit.

Honestly man, I'm defo not straight bandit. I wanted to try it out and it was a good situation. My original plan was to end it with the situation calming down and becoming friends (if uneasy) as I had a bit of time to think before I did it, but he chose to shoot at me so I had no choice.

• Sapphire

It's usually a really bad idea to go straight bandit the day you start on RP because there's a lot of rules to follow, but I gotta say if that's how it went down I'd say you did pretty good for a first timer, also kudos to you for not killing the compliant guy just because the other didn't.

Guest MaxVonTroubador

It's usually a really bad idea to go straight bandit the day you start on RP because there's a lot of rules to follow, but I gotta say if that's how it went down I'd say you did pretty good for a first timer, also kudos to you for not killing the compliant guy just because the other didn't.

Thanks. Like I say, I never wanted to kill, I had it in my head to hold them up and talk a bit. Was going to maybe play it out like I was looking for someone who wronged me but it turns out its not them after I question them. Good fun but please don't judge on the banditry, that guys quick trigger finger made me think he wasn't so nice!

Met 5 other guys today in similar situation and played it all out nice with no aggression. I had to try it though. I was certainly not happy about killing him and I think that shows in the video.

As I stepped out I called over to them, instructing them not to move or I would shoot.

I don't think they had known each other for long. One guy complied and spoke back to me while the other stayed silent and shot at me with his AKM

Wait... is it really seen as robbery from that moment?

I mean maybe someone is just carefull and is ready to protect his ass... Is it seriously

guy holding gun at you= robbery?

So just being carefull and without a plan of robbing him and he shoots you without any single word?