Server time (UTC): 2022-01-17 09:00

Question about Hackers

Ocean

• Emerald

I am new to these forums and just had a question after having some situations have happened to me in Public Dayz.

Some good scenarios can unfold in Public Dayz if you try hard enough, and that's where I landed myself with 2 friends.

After being stuck in a room with my friend, and my other friend to had just gotten shot. We were holding the room as we heard a group of bandits running up to us. Right as one popped through the door, armed with only my makarov, and him with a AK, I was actually able to kill him, without dying. But suddenly as me and my friend looked at each other with excitement, my friend who previously died came back to get his loot, found more bandits running up the stairs, trying to stop them, they eventually revealed that they were more then bandits as they went through the walls back and fourth killing us all. They were hackers.

My question is just a curious one, how does the hacker situation look on these servers? Is it just as prevalent as any other server? Or is it something that's not often seen?

• Diamond

There are hackers and KOS:ers here and there but once logs comes out they will be gone pretty fast.

• Emerald

Here and there does sound better then my previous experiences of every-time and everywhere. So that's good. But what is this "Logs" things you said will come out?

• Emerald

Moved to questions

Here and there does sound better then my previous experiences of every-time and everywhere. So that's good. But what is this "Logs" things you said will come out?

The devs have promised that within a few weeks the server owners will get access to death logs which shows who fired shots and who killed who.

So if someone is KOSd the admins can see who killed him thus making it pretty simple to bring justice upon them.

• Titanium

There are indeed hackers running around. But logs are coming soon and we can put end of that.

/solving

• MVP

So basically, "avoid roleplay until logs are available."

Ugh....I should have waited for another week or two before coming back. Whhhhyyyyyy, people? Why must you troll us so?

Oh, well...there's still fun to be had, I'm sure.

No. I wouldn't say we avoid rp until logs are available, that's being rather paranoid. I assure you that the threat of a hacker affecting you is not that great, nothing you should lose rp from. I have never personally been affected by it, though some of my friends have.

You could also basically say that the game is unplayable due to bugs. No need to let a few somewhat, though not enough rare instances prevent you from rping.