Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 14:14

87.8 EU - NCR Weekly News Bulletin

Guest DoubleDigitDan

Guest DoubleDigitDan

*Static*

This is Axell Peters

*Static*

Im broadcasting from an undisclosed location....

*Several minutes of static*

....to no avail. In other news, it appears that the NCR has wasted no time in its continued quest to liberate and uphold the survivors of Chernarus.

Im sure you all know about death of the Father, whom the NCR killed as a result of his alliance with a group of cannibals. Well it seems they've wasted no time in going after their next targets; a group of cultists who follow "The Maker".

*Static*

....The NCR were trying to save a hostage in Vybor, however it seems that the whole thing was staged as while their backs were turned these cultists fiercely shot at the NCR men who were trying to help. Luckily, in a broad sense, one of the NCR's men was able to escape and inform them about the ambush. He even spoke of some man with a harsh and deep voice, mumbling religiously about this "Maker" following the attack.

*Static*

....thus when the NCR found out the location of this Cult, they knew it was time to retaliate. From what i'm hearing, the NCR used its resources and expert strategy to infiltrate the group and take it down from the inside, meaning the attack was quick and ruthless.

*Static*

...Only one NCR soldier was killed in the attack, with the rest of the squad, I believe about 4, surviving.

Initial reports are telling me that around 6 cultists were taken out, but it is hard to tell at this early time.

*Static*

It seems like the NCR won't stop until these cultists stop forcefully imposing their religion onto the innocent survivors of Chernarus, who pay the price for their arrogant ignorance.

[End of Transmission]

• Emerald

*Hearing the radio message, Luka grabs his scratched old short wave and pressed the transmit button, a fair Chernarusian voice can be heard*

'Wait, so you're going to kill people over worshiping a religion?... What the fuck has been happening...

I understand you're trying to "Liberate" the survivors trapped in South Zagoria from some unseen oppression, but you are anything but helping the current situation by promoting violence and killings of other people. I don't care what they did or what fucked up state of mind you're in, thinking you should go after them - the Infected, Walkers - whatever you want to call them, are the REAL enemy here - keep it that way.

Let people believe whatever the fuck they want to believe, or you are imposing the very oppression you're trying to liberate people from...'

*The radio message then abruptly cuts out, leaving nothing but static white-noise*

Guest DoubleDigitDan

*Static*

Hel...Hello can you hear me?

*Static*

Listen....If you can hear this...

*Static*

.....I would just like to state that I only broadcast on behalf of the NCR, I don't actually fight in their battles or make their decisions. Thats down to their leaders.

*Static*

However I would like to state that the NCR are trying to help you, not fight you. This cult was a danger and they are trying to do their best to stop it. The NCR had viable reason, due to the cult's taking of hostages and expanse from Novy Sobor to Vybor, to attack them.

The NCR has no problem with them recruiting in Novy Sobor, or practising their religion peacefully, but their recent violent actions and expansion have given the NCR just cause to attack.

Thank you and good luck.

[End of Transmission]

[A burst of static is heard followed by silence. The static returns quickly as loud banging noises are heard on the other side of the radio before a man with an East London accent can be heard talking through a thick veil of static.]

"We know exactly who you are, mate. I'm glad you haven't forgotten your humiliating defeat at Vybor. Filling your friends with rounds as they cried out for help was indeed very, very fun. Watching you all run was fun too, and slitting the throat of that sniper that came after us was also particularly satisfying. He shot a brother of mine - not the Father. Get your facts straight before you start boasting your hollow victories over an open comm."

[Loud static can be heard again as more banging is heard as the radio is hit repeatedly on a solid object.]

"Don't try lying to the nice Chernoruskie, now. We didn't encounter you or your band of merry men yesterday. The Father still lives, and our faith is as strong as ever. Stay out of our way and we'll stay out of yours - don't involve yourselves in matters you don't understand. As the other man said, we're only trying to survive... concentrate your efforts internally and maybe try working on your walking formations a little more - you were a little sloppy in Vybor."

"Don't try to be the hero. There are none in the New World. Praise the Maker."

[A small crowd can be heard repeating the man's last words before the waves fall abruptly silent.]

Guest DoubleDigitDan

*static*

[the voice of a frustrated Austrialian man can be heard]

Once again, I'm not part of the NCR I just transmit thier news as they are a cause I believe in.

*Static*

...and the NCR killed Father Pavel, who was not affiliated with the maker.....

*Static*

.....You sound paranoid mate, your all talk. We're was your crowd last night, they didn't seem to be very helpful.

The NCR is powerful. And they will be back, but as I said, I just transmit thier news, not fight their battles.

[the transmission cuts out abrubtly]

• Emerald

*Hearing the next radio transmission from the NCR rep, Luka snatched up his radio, and pressed the transmit button*

'Power? Is that what it's all about? What fucking drugs are the NCR on if they feel like fighting over petty beliefs?! Do note that this is MY birth country, and your NCR AND the group of 'Cultists' are spilling unnecessary amounts of blood on MY soil! Do EITHER of you remember what happened back in 2009? NO OF COURSE FUCKING NOT! Yet your men feel like it's perfectly fine to defile the land, much like the FUCKING CHEDAKI did!

Fight no longer, I implore the both of you. Spill no blood, only spill that of what is long dead...There is only white meat, and dark meat now - the living, and the dead - fight the real enemy, rather than bicker and fight and kill like irresponsible children playing soldiers.

If the NCR or you 'Cultists' cannot see the reasoning behind that, they you are all truly beyond the plane of madness.'

• MVP

*the radio got turned on*

*a angry and drunk voise could be heard*

Haha.. You really think you can do this without dying.

I give you and your group 1 chance to stop, otherwise..

Will i look for you.. I Will find you .. And I will MAKE you stop

*the radio got turned off*

[The same English man can be heard breathing heavily as he gathers his breath, coughing a few times through brief bursts of static.]

"See, the Chernoruskie got the point. No point spilling unnecessary blood on his country's soil. This is a sacred land. Maybe we should meet some time - I'm sure we'll get on. Our belief seeks to bring those in this land together.. and Pavel? You wrongly accused an old man of being a cannibal and executed him for it. You're fucking monsters."

[The man coughs a few times more and some quiet talking with someone else is heard.]

"Anyway, this NCR lot decided it'd be a great idea to attack us again just.. ah.. 10-15 minutes ago. Firefight lasted a long time, seems they're the kinda people who feel as if they need to be the self-appointed police of this land. Think one of 'em got away, we had one casualty and killed the rest... about 5-6. To any NCR still alive, let this be a warning to you: leave us in peace or face the consequences. Listen to the Chernoruskie and keep to yourself. I won't pretend I didn't enjoy killing your friends but.. we're not not going to defend ourselves. You threw the first stone. Let it be the last. Praise the Maker."

Guest DoubleDigitDan

*sharp static*

Do not worry survivors of Chernarus, we are here for you aid.

*static*

...and we completed our mission.

*static*

.....even though we may have lost a few good troops I'm happy to tell you that the plan was a success and you shall all be liberated soon.

*fluxuating static*

Do not believe the anti-NCR propaganda you may be hearing as it is all false and fictitious. Made up by the degenerates whose blatant contradictions blind them.

*continued static*

...long live the NCR

[the transmission begins, the jaunty voice of an Australian man can be heard]

This message goes out to anyone who distrusts the NCR and thier cause.

*static*

Over the past day I've been receiving quite a few transmissions and, since we are essentially democrats, I think it's time we set the record straight.

I can quote one of the maker's followers as saying, and I'm paraphrasing here, he said..."I can't say we didn't enjoy killing your friends....but you threw the first stone".

Firstly I believe it's a little sadisic that this apparent "regious" man enjoys killing other people, but I also find it interesting as he sad we threw the first stone.

You see that is a little ironic as I can also quote another follower who said, and once again I'm paraphrasing, "I'm glad you haven't forgotten your humiliating defeat at vybor, filling your friends with rounds was indeed very, very fun, watching you all run was fun too, and slitting the throat of that sniper was especially satisfying".

Not only does this further back up my point that we are dealing with a group of sadistic crazies, but it also proves that we did not indeed "throw the first stone" as this followed has quite blatantly stated that they attacked the NCR first, without motive, without just cause.

They ambushed the NCR troops and killed some them just because they wanted the Rush and relief of cowardly killing men who they knew couldn't fight back as they were taken by surprise.

We have been giving out professional and reliable transmissions who only wish to inform the residents of Chernarus that there is someone out there who they can rely on, and what are we met with? That's right, death threats, animosity, hate and vulgar.

You must ask yourself, who is the real bad guy here, the NCR or the makers.

I can't make that decision for you and as I said before I don't fight the NCRs battles I just transmit on thier behalf.

Axell Peters, signing off.

[end of transmission]

• Emerald

James Reed, while running to Novy Sobor for his attack on the followers of "The Maker" eagerly responds to this great news.

'Hello? The NCR? I've never heard of it, but I like what they're going after. My name is James Reed and I have for the past week been trying to eliminate or move followers of "The Maker" down south. Though, I don't know if you agree with me, but I can't take on them alone, and you could probably use more men as well. Please respond back ASAP. I'm near Green Mountain. I was hoping some members of the Inmates would be there but I've seen nothing.

[More static sounds. A man in the background appears to be crying of laughter. The voice speaks once more over the laughter which eventually fades.]

"Axwell, Axwell, Axwell. A man who only broadcasts on behalf of the NCR, correct? Doesn't it seem like the propaganda is coming more from your end as your people were the ones who attacked us? If you're scared of my fearmonging talk, it's best you know I'm not really like that my friend. Sometimes talking doesn't work with people, though the fear instilled in the hearts once they hear of their beloved comrades falling one by one can be more persuasive. Seems you chose the wrong side - stop arguing on behalf on the violent, accusatory non-believers and think about what you want within this land. Your aims are unrealistic, your reasons hollow and half-assed in thought. Move away from Novy and cherish your lives. Perhaps the Maker can forgive you yet."

"And James, James Reed. What a pleasure it is speaking to you. We await your arrival, my friend. A one man mission which can only result in a one man grave... how tragic. Yourself and the NCR would make a great couple, you know. Spiraling further into your paranoid delusions, so convinced that you must be this land's saviour. I would encourage you to give up and continue surviving, though I doubt you'll listen. Such a shame - you seem like such a nice guy."

[The radio cuts out for a moment before another voice is heard - that of a deep voiced, soft spoken American man who speaks calmly and without hesitation.

"Tom Jagger, 28:10. Even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you only harm the body. Praise the Maker."

[The radio falls silent once again.]

• Emerald

[More static sounds. A man in the background appears to be crying of laughter. The voice speaks once more over the laughter which eventually fades.]

"Axwell, Axwell, Axwell. A man who only broadcasts on behalf of the NCR, correct? Doesn't it seem like the propaganda is coming more from your end as your people were the ones who attacked us? If you're scared of my fearmonging talk, it's best you know I'm not really like that my friend. Sometimes talking doesn't work with people, though the fear instilled in the hearts once they hear of their beloved comrades falling one by one can be more persuasive. Seems you chose the wrong side - stop arguing on behalf on the violent, accusatory non-believers and think about what you want within this land. Your aims are unrealistic, your reasons hollow and half-assed in thought. Move away from Novy and cherish your lives. Perhaps the Maker can forgive you yet."

"And James, James Reed. What a pleasure it is speaking to you. We await your arrival, my friend. A one man mission which can only result in a one man grave... how tragic. Yourself and the NCR would make a great couple, you know. Spiraling further into your paranoid delusions, so convinced that you must be this land's saviour. I would encourage you to give up and continue surviving, though I doubt you'll listen. Such a shame - you seem like such a nice guy."

[The radio cuts out for a moment before another voice is heard - that of a deep voiced, soft spoken American man who speaks calmly and without hesitation.

"Tom Jagger, 28:10. Even though we walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you only harm the body. Praise the Maker."

[The radio falls silent once again.]

Staring towards the the Novy church in the distance, James Reed thinks up his game plan. How will he approach? What will he do if he's caught with his pants down? How will he attack them if they don't comply with him? Those thoughts are interrupted by the radio in his pocket. "Pray for Daniel" he said. "The NCR even?" It wasn't either. It was a member of the Inmates. He responds calmly but anxiously.

'I seem like a nice guy? You got me all wrong. I was a nice guy. But now? Now I hunt revenge on those who have scarred me. I hunt them, and I kill them. I still try to be a nice guy, but more and more I find myself a victim in which I rob.

I will not listen to you. I will continue to survive, but I will not stop my operations against you and various others that either they, or I, have a grudge against. I'm not scared of you. I don't fear psychopaths who believe in a god named The Maker. I only fear Blackwood, I really fear them, actually. They, they still haunt me to this day. They really do. But even with that terror, I will get to them eventually. Pray for Daniel.'

[A short burst of static sounds. Wind blows into the microphone as the man walks from some echoey place to an outside area. He sits with a short grunt.]

"Blackwood, eh? Met a couple of your lads today, think one's name was Yuri and the other one ah.. didn't seem to talk much. Think they were off looking for some lad. Anyway, seems we have mutual enemies. We partially avenged those who died at Lopatino due to the atrocities committed by the NCR - they seem to have quite the vendetta against us though there were plenty of bodies when they decided to attack us earlier. We can contact on more secure frequencies if you'd like some aid wiping the rest of these scum off the map."

[The man breaks into a short coughing fit, turning off the radio for a few moments.]

"And James, you're out of your depth. I warn you once and once only: stay away. I may not be a sadistic bastard but we have plenty in our family who would take great pleasure in punishing you. Attack any of our peaceful family and your death will be slow and painful. Walk away, James. You are outgunned, outmanned and outsmarted. Praise the Maker."

• Emerald

*Hearing the other radio transmissions, Luka grabbed his short wave, and pressed the transmit button*

'I love it how your NCR is trying to be the 'Good Guy' here - of which it involves spilling blood, human blood. You are not protecting people, you are merely adding to the spiralling Chaos within my country...Spilling even more blood onto the scarlet stained soil post 2009.

There is no mission, there is no order - killing each other only worsens the situation - REGARDLESS of whoever threw the first stone. It sounds to me like the NCR are truly a bunch of crazed killers, given that these 'cultists' as you so call them, who are merely defending themselves...

You want to risk your necks by just plain old charging into a church - a place of worship and peace no doubt - with murder solely on their minds. Over what?! Claims of protecting MY people?! NCR you are officially requested to withdraw all your troops from these 'cultists', on authority of the Chernarus Defence Force - this is not your place to do such actions, it is mine. If we catch you ANYWHERE near to the place, we will take more drastic measures.

This is SOLELY for the sake of keeping the peace and reducing the numbers of deaths, and reducing the amount of blood spilled. Pull back, and don't make us do anything we'd both regret. And to those 'cultists', you'd better not make us regret doing this for you.'

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

*after listening to the past few transmissions, Luis picks up the radio and begins talking

This looks fun. I would be more than willing to help you....

Cpt Luka was it?

These NCR "protectors" seem to think a tad bit high of themselves.

*reloads Mosin and AK in the background

To be honest I don't like people who brag about hollow victories

You speak as if you're immortal, untouchable.

As if you were the conquerors of the known world.

Maybe, just maybe, I might bring your silly "republic" crashing down.

• MVP

*Garrison has been listening to this frequency with great interest over the past few days, he smirks to himself before he responds*

"You keep talking about killing and this and that and we might not tolerate your nonsense any longer. What have you done? Hmm? Sent out some propaganda and touted your strength? Funny, never heard of the group you represent before. Maybe it is because they are not actually doing anything."

"We would have heard about it otherwise, not much goes around without us catching onto it. I suggest you end your attitude towards those who respond to your frequency, I also suggest you stop waving your little banner around like you are something special."

"Keep killing innocents and those you label as 'cultists', and we will act. We will remove you as a surgeon removes a cancerous tumor. We are watching, and listening."

Guest Yuri Ubiytsa

*after listening to the past few transmissions, Luis picks up the radio and begins talking

This looks fun. I would be more than willing to help you....

Cpt Luka was it?

I offer you my gun, my honor and my life.

Point me toward these NCR "protectors" and I shall lay waste to them.

*reloads Mosin and AK in the background

To be honest I don't like people who brag about hollow victories

You speak as if you're immortal, untouchable.

As if you were the conquerors of the known world.

Maybe, just maybe, I might bring your silly "republic" crashing down.

[A few coughs come as the man speaks again. The background is that of complete silence.]

"Ah, Chernorussian Defence Forces. Although it may seem surprising with their talk of us being 'cultists', we have been accused of many things - cannibalism for one, attacks on innocents as another... it may come to a surprise to you all that these NCR men are those that attacked an innocent sanctuary at Lopatino resulting in the execution of a man named Pavel - a priest nonetheless - alongside multiple members of their sanctuary - all unarmed civilians."

"We have under our protection a surviving member of the attack. In Vybor we decided to take revenge against the NCR for their vile actions against the innocent. They regrouped and retaliated leading to around 4 days of repeated attacks against our peaceful community - this cumulated in yesterday's attack in which we fended off the aggressors in self defence. We can only hope that they heed the words of you - the CDF, this country's final and only true guardians - and stop engaging in their current activities."

"If anyone is interested in learning more of this situation, do not hesitate to contact me, 'Summer' on secure frequencies. We also hope to quell the rumors surrounding our peaceful abode."

*Sitting alone in the darkness in some long since abandoned hunting lodge, Jon frowned as he listened to the back-and-forth chatter he had just picked up on his radio. After a moments pause, he decides the time has come to add his own thoughts to the discussion.

He reached for the radio that had been sitting to his left, and pressed the button to commence his transmission.*

“The world should be worried about those who go around the planet with a can of gasoline in one hand and a box of matches in the other, pretending to sell fire insurance. .”

* a brief pause followes the quote *

“Those words are the first that come to mind when I hear this back and forth chatter.

I believe these.. “cultists” and NCR are nothing but rival gangs, attempting to carve out turf for themselves.. and have run into each other.

It would appear to me, that these NCR are attempting to spread proppaganda against these said “cultists” to justify a war against them, thuss the fire insurance.

War is waged for one reason, and one reason alone. Money. Or rather, in our case.. the want for someone elses equipment, weaponry, supplies."

*yet another brief pause, as Jon gathers his thoughts*

“However.. I do not believe that these so called cultists are any better.. Both parties have engaged actively on this channel.. and the comments I have heard, have done nothing but make me far more reluctant to seek them out, or even head closer to the areas under their control.

No, I believe that it would be safer to head towards CDF.. “controlled” territories. And if anyone of the CDF is currently listening.. I would advice against getting involved in the situation. The enemy of your enemy is not your friend, nor would your meddling in this conflict do anything else than strenghten one party, which would soon spark a conflict between the victor and yourselves.”

*A third, and final pause*

“..And since I cannot reveal my own name openly on this channel out of fear of.. getting involved, I shall make up a callsign for myself.

This has been.. “Raincoat”.. signing out.”

*Jon chuckles to himself after placing his radio back on the floor, near his equipment. Near his orange raincoat.*

*The buzz of static fills the room of the abandoned shack somewhere deep in a Chernorussian forest as Louis takes in just what he had heard coming from his small radio by his side, scribbling down notes onto a tattered piece of paper that looked like it once belonged to a book with his left hand. His right hand reached out for the radio transmitter, taking it into his hand he depresses the button, beginning to speak.*

“I spent the greater part of my youth in a Journalism school and many times in my case studies have I encountered situations remarkably similar to this one right here, two petty factions vying for control in a destitute environment. They both have the same goals, power and greed only seeks to drive them in their search for domination.”

*The sound of scribbling and muttering can be heard as he speaks to himself, reading over his notes*

“It's very clear that is what's going on here, on one side you have the NCR using propaganda to further their gains and to rally a bewildered populace into some sort of falsely justified battle and on the other hand you have the so-called 'Cult' preferring to use intimidation and scaremongering to big themselves up, I must admit I am intrigued as to what you would plan for post-takeover, perhaps a meeting can be arranged on a private channel.”

*Static is then heard, a quiet thudding is picked up as Louis jabs at the paper he writes on with his pen.*

“Adhemer out.”

[The radio flicks on once more. A man sighs deeply, pausing for a few moments as the radio flicks off and on a few times before he speaks again.]

"Raincoat and Adhemer, you speak much sense. Seems many people were fooled by NCR's lies and I'm glad at least some of this populace sees through them. Head to the CDF if you wish to gather real protection in this land. What we are trying to do is ambitious - we have a family, a semi-functional society within these horrific times. We have faith, a strong leader, and most importantly the will to survive together. Those that identify with our simple beliefs are free to join our family. We will welcome you with open arms."

"Adhemer, intimidation and scaremongering is sometimes the only thing some men understand. They do not wish to reason, they wish to aim their guns and pull the triggers. Our family is very much unlike their "petty faction" - as stated previous we are a family... we seize Novy Sobor as our home as we find much solace within the Church here. Our numbers are growing every day, and soon we hope to create a pocket of good within a sea of evil. Their goals are far different to ours."

[The radio flicks off. Around thirty seconds passes before it flicks back on, some quiet muttering as the man is apparently being told how to function the instrument in his hand. He speaks in a soft, strange accent which seems oddly calm in the current climate.]

"You may call me the Father. I lead my children here at Novy and care only for their safety... power, greed and material possessions mean little to us. We place our faith in the Maker - the benevolent creator of this world... all is inspired by its magnificence. There is nothing holy but the Maker, and no truer teaching than the Father - the Maker's vessel, a humble servant who seeks only to spread the Maker's teachings."

[The man pauses, taking on a serious tone. He speaks with profound passion, each word strained and true as if spoken from a Bible.]

"As for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, the murderers, the immoral, sorcerers, idolaters and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur. Praise the Maker."

[Many voices echo his final words. "Praise the Maker" is heard by at least 15 different voices from both men and women, some louder and some quieter in proximity to the old radio. A deafening silence fills the other end of the radio.]

Guest DoubleDigitDan

*static*

Meet me at Vybor, we can discuss this diplomatically.

No guns, no hostilities.

Just you and me. I am a pacifist.

*static*

[the message ends]

• Emerald

James looks into the sky. Desperate. He shouldn't have trusted NCR, should he have? He thinks to himself for a moment and picks up his radio, maybe NCR didn't abandon him.

'NCR. Please. I fucked up with Blackwood. I realize that. But I need mercy. Please don't hold anything against me for this event. I need help. I'm moving down south as quickly as I can. I don't know why I'm trying to contact you. I think I just want to know who my enemies are. Is Blackwood still after me? What about The Maker? Those fucks still after me? Are you after me? Please.'

James puts down his radio and thinks about his family. His past. Even Daniel Chains. Smith and John. He begins to cry.