Server time (UTC): 2022-01-22 04:11

Poison in the well (so to speak)

This thread is in response to a report I found VERY interesting!

http://www.dayzrp.com/t-attempted-rdm-eu1-strangeland-pub

I'm not a fan of RDM or attempted RDM, but I think poisoning food with disinfectant spray and leaving threatening notes in satchels and such is VERY clever roleplay. If someone were to initiate on Green Mountain or the Strangeland pub (or something else) and THEN throw poisoned pumpkins inside, THAT would be a very very VERY clever way to get what you want.

I'm not condoning the actions of the people who tried to RDM a room full of strangers, but I am saying, under the right circumstances, poisoning food and throwing it into a mass of hungry strangers would be a nice change of pace from the "drop secs 10 weps" routine.

I don't know, give it a try? Make sure you do it correctly so as not to appear in such a report.

To the jerks who were responsible in the first place: thanks for the idea!

To me this is pure RDM. You may not even have met/interacted with the potential victims. Survivors are always on the look out for food and this just seem wrong IMHO. I feel this is an ultimate form of trolling.

This could also fall under kos and not proper identifying your targets/enemies or threats towards you if any are even present because you really have no idea who is going to find that food...Are they going to eat it, or save it and maybe share it with some survivors that are in need?

I feel as much as you think this is clever and can add to some RP it should be considered some form of trolling, KOS, and/or RDM.

You may get your point across with notes and using the "grape vine". Spreading rumors with other survivors that you come across during your travels etc.

My 2 cents

Cheers

I can see why it breaks the rules but I am actually fascinated by that idea if someone uses it well. Like say, trick someone into eating it then tell them you'll give them charcoal tabs if they cooperate.

Another thing you could do is spray food in your inventory (Be careful of this, you may end up killing yourself) and if you ever get robbed you might end up poisoning one of your robbers and get revenge that way. Make them think twice about robbing from random people again.

• Legend

This can be easily abused. However there are ways it can be used cleverly.

It can be used on a smart way but not in the way you described it.

The people inside green mountain might not eat it and leave it there and after the whole firefight/robbery the poisoned food is just left there for inoncent survivors to fall victim.

What a possibility is, is to poison someone and then force him to give his supplies to you because if he doesn't, you won't give the charcoal tablets to cure his sickness.

I personally think it's really clever, like what people have said about it being used to give your robbers a little surprise when they rob ya :) However I can see abuse of the rules along the lines, but it is clever none the less!

• Emerald

This is the sole reason I don't eat fruit or vegetables randomly laying around.

I either farm them myself or jsut eat canned food.

However, back on topic. I do consider it RDM.

The thing is, how will one keep control of it? How will you prevent people doing this low tactic?

Another thing you could do is spray food in your inventory (Be careful of this, you may end up killing yourself) and if you ever get robbed you might end up poisoning one of your robbers and get revenge that way. Make them think twice about robbing from random people again.

Surely this would be fine? I like the idea of keeping a poison apple in my inventory to spike anyone who steals from me.