Server time (UTC): 2022-01-25 08:41

newbie kinda question

mrclean

• Emerald

can anyone please let me know if this went down correctly?

thanks for putting this in the right location

i belive that you have to actually just role play and you get better and better by doing, everybody makes mistakes specially in the beginning

one of these guys has been in this since 2013..js

i have been on it for 4 days now i think?

Metagaming is a broad term generally used to define any strategy, action or method used in a game which transcends a prescribed ruleset, uses external factors to affect the game or goes beyond the supposed limits or environment set by the game. Metagaming is when a player receives information that they otherwise should not have received in any reasonable role-play way.

this is what i was thinking the whole time..alot of people looking at this post but nobody replying.

Right, in the first part of the video at around 1.15 he breaks his own character, it is a bit of a shame, but i have seen way more mistakes then this. - i would say, stay in your own character, breath it and live it. I have seen the video, with a few points and clicks, i believe you want to know if the robbery was done in a legit way?

No matter if you are new or old, we all make mistakes in this game, even i do! don't be afraid to make mistakes, we all want to help each other out. And in time you will grow to a great roleplayer! believe me :)

• MVP

I watched the robbery specifically (I even went and watched the short part two) and it started off fine. I'm a little confused at the OOC part, was that your friend or was that them saying that OOC stuff? Either way, the robbery started to go down south when your friend started to get a bit mouthy. It seems at first that they had no intention to really take anything of yours; they needed a gun and that was really it. Your friend then decided to mouth off and because of it he got his stuff taken and got hit a few times.

EDIT: Noticed your post about metagaming, where do you claim someone was metagaming?

• Emerald

Who is Tom Thompson and what is the reason he is going out of character so much?

This was actually a nice rp robbery in my opinion, you had a decent amount of interaction and role play with both of the aggressors before the initiation.

I'm just wondering what don't you think was done right here?

the way it went down to me is like this..when we first met him he was talking about talking to his friend when he heard us talking in game.as you can see there was no one else with him. The way it went down to me was he told his friend to drive the truck toward us as we were walking down the road. He stayed behind us until we stopped to talk to his friend in the road..obviously they were planning this in a outside sourse(teamspeak)? Or at least that is my opinion. I am new to this,and i just wasnt sure if any rules were broke here,not wanting to report anyone,just wanting to know for my own reference.

tom thompson is the guy i was with

he is new as well

• MVP

It's very likely it could have just been a setup. The friend that you first saw was the scout for people, and the guy in the V3S was the one set to distract you while his friend got the advantage. They had suspicions against you and that's the reason they disarmed you. It's alright to plan this stuff in TS, people do it all the time. Despite the fact about it might have been planned over TS, they pulled it of IC perfectly and jumped you guys.

The only slight rule break I see would be the unnecessary OOC by the guy saying that they were being recorded. Whoever that was shouldn't be going OOC like that. OOC is for important messages such as a sudden afk, not saying that people are being recorded or reported.

• MVP

ok..thanks for all you guys info. thats why i brought it here,to people that has more info on this stuff than me.

will also pass along to my friend,tom,as he is new to this as well.

Glad we could help man. Don't be afraid to ask questions ever, especially if you are new. It's better safe than sorry, always.

• MVP

still a little confused on how you can set up stuff like this in ts when not using walkie talkies in game IC...

In an IC sense, think of TS to be a long-range radio. We don't excactly have an item for this yet, and without modding capability we can't exactly set one to spawn on you like we did with the mod. In the mod, people spawned with the radio item, and when people were frisked during robberies if this item was taken from you any other message sent in TS was considered OOC.

• Emerald

Team speak is allowed while your in game, rp wise it acts as a radio and can be frisked away from you when you are robbed. So in that sense they were completely fine in doing what they did.

As far as him slipping and saying he was talking to his friend, i would say this is probably just a slip up on his part and with so many people being new to DayZRP its fine.

My biggest concern is with your friend, he was excessively going ooc in text not to mention the (reported) comment and the (your being recorded) comment. Ooc is reserved for emergency situations only.

He also needs to watch his step a bit with the taunting as a hostage, while a little is fine it was a little baity tbh.

Other than that it was a good role play robbery.

• MVP

ok cool..i will pass info along. See i just learned something. So if we have a walkie talkie we can use ts as long range comm?

Use the walkie-talkie in-game for short range. If you want to also use it as a long range for lack of long range radio item in-game or an excuse to use TS to communicate, go right ahead. Most people use a fake long-range radio item that in reality you don't actually have, but if people were to frisk this radio during a robbery, they would be taking that radio and you couldn't communicate through TS in an IC sense.

ok that answers all my questions for now anyways..lol..we actually talked about how cool it was to be robbed and not shot and how that would never happen on a regular server. I will make sure to pass this info to tom as i play with him daily. He may find this when he gets on the forum..thank you gentlemen once again.

• Emerald

You don't need a walkie talke to use ts, think of it as a magic radio that everyone has.

But the radio needs to be role played as a object, so when someone frisks you for it you would type (drops radio on ground), or something to that nature.

But also remember that if they forget to take it from you you cant be talking on the radio with them right in front of you, because they would hear you if it was real life.

MRclean,

Love that you are so enthusiastic :D if you have any questions, why don't you just come on our ts3 server - waiting for staf help. We will help you in anyway we can! :)

// Marked - as solved.