Server time (UTC): 2022-08-10 16:58

Few rules questions - violent response to initiation

iFailed

Also how is the //OOC done? Do you have to actually say "O-O-C" or type it, or can I just switch accents?

You can't kill somebody without making a demand, but can the demand be like, locking them up forever?

Do I have to wait 10 seconds for every demand to be met? Like if I tell somebody to specifically not do something and they do it sooner than 10 seconds after I tell them, can I kill them? Like let's say I tell somebody to keep their weapon lowered but they raise it at me? Or if I tell somebody to step away from my car but they sprint towards it instead?

Guest Vittoria

Also how is the //OOC done? Do you have to actually say "O-O-C" or type it, or can I just switch accents? Just type // - then your OOC message

You can't kill somebody without making a demand, but can the demand be like, locking them up forever? Yeah, but I don't actually think you can force them to be there forever. Not sure.

Do I have to wait 10 seconds for every demand to be met? Like if I tell somebody to specifically not do something and they do it sooner than 10 seconds after I tell them, can I kill them?. Like let's say I tell somebody to keep their weapon lowered but they raise it at me? Or if I tell somebody to step away from my car but they sprint towards it instead? If somebody shows any sign of non-complaince before the 10 seconds is up, you may shoot them

Answers in blue.

1. OOC Guide. Type // (OOC Message). Never use voice.

2. Never leave someone lock up forever, once done RPing with the victim let them go. You cant leave someone alone with no chance of survival.

3.If they don't listen and do something you told them not to do you have KOS. If you give them 10 seconds and they don't listen (and its been 10 seconds) you can kill them.

Firstly, OOC can only be done using text chat. In no instance should you use OOC chat in voice. To type OOC information, use the symbol "//".

Example: if I'm in a hostile situation and need to leave I would type: "//Need to log out due to IRL problem"

You do not need to give people 10 seconds for every demand. Though you must give people a reasonable amount of time for the person to complete said action. For example, if you were to tell someone to drop thied weapon and to not turn around and shoot them after 3 seconds, that's not OK. Though if they try and turn/raise thier gun to shoot you, you can take them out immediatly

Alright, thanks. I told this duo to step away from my car and they got in and drove off, and I didn't do anything because I didn't know if I was allowed. They claimed that it was theirs now because they fueled it while I was gone.

One more question: if I get caught up in crossfire and everything has gone to shit, am I allowed to fight my way out?

Guest Vittoria

One more question: if I get caught up in crossfire and everything has gone to shit, am I allowed to fight my way out?

Not unless you legitimately gain KoS rights; like if they mis-ID and start shooting at you.

Guest Vittoria

How can I tell? Everything sounds like somebody is shooting at me.

Well,

Don't take the risk of KoS'ing someone and breaking a rule. Initiate on them, or just get the hell out of there.

• Emerald

Also how is the //OOC done? Do you have to actually say "O-O-C" or type it, or can I just switch accents? Never go OOC in voice, and never go OOC for unnecessary things, OOC is used for important things like if you encounter a glitch or something you would type //My character is glitching, I can't move...

You can't kill somebody without making a demand, but can the demand be like, locking them up forever? You can't kill anyone unless you have kos rights, which are gained if someone commits a hostile act against you or you have initiated on someone and they don't comply...by initiation I mean, it is clear that you are initiating a hostile act such as robbing and you stated a demand, for example: "DROP YOUR FUCKING WEAPONS AND DON'T TURN AROUND!" As you can tell I am very hostile and if you don't comply surely I will kill you...

Do I have to wait 10 seconds for every demand to be met? Like if I tell somebody to specifically not do something and they do it sooner than 10 seconds after I tell them, can I kill them? Like let's say I tell somebody to keep their weapon lowered but they raise it at me? Or if I tell somebody to step away from my car but they sprint towards it instead? You have to give them a reasonable time to comply to your demands but if they show signs of non compliance then you can kill them. By non compliance I mean for example, I tell you drop you weapons and not to turn around, but you instead raise you weapon and begin to turn towards me, then I can kill you for non compliance as it was clear you had no intention to comple...

Just remember that if you go into a situation with the intent of killing someone, you do need to be absolutely sure you have all the cards on your side and the permission of such act either by said victim or by previous RP against you.

If not, you will be reported.

Alright, thanks. I told this duo to step away from my car and they got in and drove off, and I didn't do anything because I didn't know if I was allowed. They claimed that it was theirs now because they fueled it while I was gone.

I have been in this situation and my suggestion is you prone and try to move away, don't KoS

Legless summed it up for you:

1. OOC Guide. Type // (OOC Message). Never use voice.

2. Never leave someone lock up forever, once done RPing with the victim let them go. You cant leave someone alone with no chance of survival.

3.If they don't listen and do something you told them not to do you have KOS. If you give them 10 seconds and they don't listen (and its been 10 seconds) you can kill them.

and have a look at zombie response aswell:

Also how is the //OOC done? Do you have to actually say "O-O-C" or type it, or can I just switch accents? Never go OOC in voice, and never go OOC for unnecessary things, OOC is used for important things like if you encounter a glitch or something you would type //My character is glitching, I can't move...

You can't kill somebody without making a demand, but can the demand be like, locking them up forever? You can't kill anyone unless you have kos rights, which are gained if someone commits a hostile act against you or you have initiated on someone and they don't comply...by initiation I mean, it is clear that you are initiating a hostile act such as robbing and you stated a demand, for example: "DROP YOUR FUCKING WEAPONS AND DON'T TURN AROUND!" As you can tell I am very hostile and if you don't comply surely I will kill you...

Do I have to wait 10 seconds for every demand to be met? Like if I tell somebody to specifically not do something and they do it sooner than 10 seconds after I tell them, can I kill them? Like let's say I tell somebody to keep their weapon lowered but they raise it at me? Or if I tell somebody to step away from my car but they sprint towards it instead? You have to give them a reasonable time to comply to your demands but if they show signs of non compliance then you can kill them. By non compliance I mean for example, I tell you drop you weapons and not to turn around, but you instead raise you weapon and begin to turn towards me, then I can kill you for non compliance as it was clear you had no intention to comple...

Awsome job community!

OP, if you have any more questions don't be afraid to ask them here.

// Marked as solved