Server time (UTC): 2022-01-20 07:53

Server Uptime Discussion

Ok so I'd like to discuss my concerns about DayZRP, and where it's currently headed as far as stability. Right now, the EU server averages an uptime of a little over an hour every restart. The server is starting late in the day and will restart at dusk/dark in-game time.

How come the server uptime is so little? It's nearly impossible to setup and maintain a spot to RP with the server restarting more than we can actually play the game. If I'm not mistaken, the mod used to restart every 4 hours. Is this a problem with DayZ itself? Our DayZRP servers? This is breaking a lot of RP and immersive opportunities. Farming plots is deleted every server restart, which is very very frustrating and takes away a lot of RP opportunities. There is literally no time to use or RP around a campfire because the lack of correct and consistent day/night cycles. Why are the servers staying up between certain hours, and not carrying over?

Discuss!

Edit: IT'S ALFERR

• Sapphire

Along this same vein for the Texas server, it seems as if I rarely stay connected for more than 30-40 minutes at best before I get the "No Message Received" error and boom, the server is down. This wouldn't be such an issue if I didn't then have to wait 5-10 minutes beyond that to make sure my character doesn't get wiped when I log back in. On average, it seems that we get maybe 30 minutes per hour of solid, dependable gameplay.

I'm wondering, is the severe instability of the server due to the population? Having spent hours between restarts on other, lower-population DayZSA servers, the only conclusion I can come to is that having 50 people on a server really taxes what the current alpha build is capable of handling.

They have also talked about this in the Dayz dev blogs about all servers having issues with performance. The next patch along with the new renderer will smooth out a lot of the issues, but as said many times by others it is an Alpha. From what I have read on this forum since being here only for a short time there are 100s of people that are apart of this community meaning people attempting to spam join the server which i'm sure does not help. Rolle has also stated that in the future there will be plans to implement additional servers.

I play on several other private 50 person servers and never have had an issue with continued connectivity. The other day 3 of my other friends and myself were on a single private server for about 3 1/2 hours no problem.

If OP's concerns are legitimate, it may be an issue with these specific servers and not necessarily the game itself.

I'm leaning towards the former.

Guest killsumbud

I play on several other private 50 person servers and never have had an issue with continued connectivity. The other day 3 of my other friends and myself were on a single private server for about 3 1/2 hours no problem.

If OP's concerns are legitimate, it may be an issue with these specific servers and not necessarily the game itself.

That is probably because this server is always full and there are ~120 people spamming to get on at all times. I think it is the same problem other servers have but compounded.

That is probably because this server is always full and there are ~120 people spamming to get on at all times. I think it is the same problem other servers have but compounded.

Hm. Possibly. On the official DayZ forums I have been an avid supporter of a queue system, but apparently it's not really high up on the list of priorities.

I would disagree with it not being a priority, as I think a queue system would save LOADS of stress on servers and help very busy servers run much more smoothly. Not everyone has the money to drop and buy 5 or 6 more servers because the two they own receive such high traffic.

I mean shoot, if you monitor your bandwidth allocation when you fresh the DayZ server database, just doing that alone puts LOADS of stress on mine. Idk about anyone else.

• MVP

quoting myself from a previous discussion (please use search)

Main causes of crashes are;

general alpha bugs

mass connections break server (spam trying to join)

mass loot piles when interacted with lag the server calculations

V3S when damaged creates massive instability

Sadly for us we have multiple of these combining together which results in lots and lots of crashes