Server time (UTC): 2022-01-23 15:02

Shyness

Volke

• MVP

I'd like people's thoughts on it, I saw the other thread which is RP shyness which is a part of it but I also have issues with shyness taking part in the community making forums & threads, in game and ooc on TS. Especially talking on TS is quite intimidating, even being here for over a month. I know other people experience shyness and was wondering how you guys cope with it.

Wondering if you guys had any tips on it? Like for taking a bigger part of the community even though you have shyness?

Not a self-help thread exactly but general knowledge and the like of how people like this go through an experience like DayZRP.

• Emerald

If you feel you are getting nervous talking to someone IC or OOC just use text and when you eventually feel comfortable talking with the person then talk to them using voice, back in the day I did not like talking over voice to people on ts but over time I got used to it and now I don't shutup :P

• MVP

If you feel you are getting nervous talking to someone IC or OOC just use text and when you eventually feel comfortable talking with the person then talk to them using voice, back in the day I did not like talking over voice to people on ts but over time I got used to it and now I don't shutup :P

It's not just IC though it's like... I want to take a bigger part in the community but I don't have the skills necessary to do so I feel.

• Emerald

It's not just IC though it's like... I want to take a bigger part in the community but I don't have the skills necessary to do so I feel.

If you want to be involved more in the community start off with small discussions and over time get involved in the bigger more complicated discussions, a good way to get involved some folks use is the forum game section that is a place where you and others can have a bit of fun of course no fun allowed else where.

• MVP

I don't think you are alone in feeling like that. Most people who started in this community would feel the same way at first. It is like anything you do, the more you do it the easier it becomes. It will become easier as the time passes. A good way to start the process is joining a group as this allows you to socialize with others which inturn should help you talk to people outside of the group.

One of the reasons that I suggested 'The Pub/Meeting Room' TS channels was to get people talking who are new to the community and it's just a place to chill out in and chat.

:)

• MVP

If it helps I'm actually very shy around people so :D

Imagine that

I find that if I find a few people who I can get comfortable around they can help introduce me to people since I'm not the lone stranger, I can talk with the person I know whilst being part of a conversation with someone new.

• MVP

If it helps I'm actually very shy around people so :D

Imagine that

I find that if I find a few people who I can get comfortable around they can help introduce me to people since I'm not the lone stranger, I can talk with the person I know whilst being part of a conversation with someone new.

I have a few people who can introduce me, the few friends I have I'm not anxious around, same with the group I run with. It's just outside those people. Like When I talk with staff, or other people, I get very anxious.

I don't think you are alone in feeling like that. Most people who started in this community would feel the same way at first. It is like anything you do, the more you do it the easier it becomes. It will become easier as the time passes. A good way to start the process is joining a group as this allows you to socialize with others which inturn should help you talk to people outside of the group.

One of the reasons that I suggested 'The Pub/Meeting Room' TS channels was to get people talking who are new to the community and it's just a place to chill out in and chat.

:)

I should try going into the Meeting Room more often, I thought it was for meetings/group meetings. I'm currently with the Inmates, but I don't know too many people in it.

If you want to be involved more in the community start off with small discussions and over time get involved in the bigger more complicated discussions, a good way to get involved some folks use is the forum game section that is a place where you and others can have a bit of fun of course no fun allowed else where.

Perhaps the forum games might be a good idea, I think I'll try to get a bit more involved in that as well :)

Thanks for the tips everyone :)

• MVP

What is it you fear?

I have social anxiety IRL so it probably relates to how I act to a certain extent. I guess the thought of being bullied/picked on/making mistakes, voicing my own opinion particularly in a discussion.

What is it you fear?

I have social anxiety IRL so it probably relates to how I act to a certain extent. I guess the thought of being bullied/picked on/making mistakes, voicing my own opinion particularly in a discussion.

I know it's not as easy as that but there's really no reason the be anxious around this community :)

We're all just dudes enjoying the game you enjoy too and I bet we all have a lot in common, so don't be afraid to voice your opinion anytime around here.

I know that's not a choice but maybe it helps anyway.

Does your anxiety also affect your voice acting? I myself am fairly new still so I don't play characters that differ a lot from my real personality since I'm not that confident in my acting yet.

Ok, first I'm gonna point out that you are in an roleplay community, we ain't cool here and if anyone bullies you those people would be dealt with harshly, staff is great people to talk to if you have any of these concerns.

We don't tolerate improper behavior in this community, so I really don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Also, as long as your opinions doesn't goes against the rules you have nothing to worry about other then some people disagreeing with you, not the end of the world.

I have never really been shy so it's hard for me to fully understand the fears, I can only say that "why so serious", we are all here to enjoy a game that we like, already there do we have something in common.

• Sapphire

Just imagine that everyone's naked. :P

Seriously, though. Don't stress out about it, mang. Socialize as you wish. Don't fell obligated to socialize with every man and his dog.

• MVP

What is it you fear?

I know it's not as easy as that but there's really no reason the be anxious around this community :)

We're all just dudes enjoying the game you enjoy too and I bet we all have a lot in common, so don't be afraid to voice your opinion anytime around here.

I know that's not a choice but maybe it helps anyway.

Does your anxiety also affect your voice acting? I myself am fairly new still so I don't play characters that differ a lot from my real personality since I'm not that confident in my acting yet.

Yes it does, recently I've started playing a character with a stutter and easy to cry. I have trouble with accents and don't plan on doing a character with such until I'm much more experienced.

Just imagine that everyone's naked. :P

Seriously, though. Don't stress out about it, mang. Socialize as you wish. Don't fell obligated to socialize with every man and his dog.

The thing is I try to socialize but I never know the right words to say. It does get me stressed at times.

Ok, first I'm gonna point out that you are in an roleplay community, we ain't cool here and if anyone bullies you those people would be dealt with harshly, staff is great people to talk to if you have any of these concerns.

We don't tolerate improper behavior in this community, so I really don't think you have anything to be worried about.

Also, as long as your opinions doesn't goes against the rules you have nothing to worry about other then some people disagreeing with you, not the end of the world.

I have never really been shy so it's hard for me to fully understand the fears, I can only say that "why so serious", we are all here to enjoy a game that we like, already there do we have something in common.

It's not only for the game, eventually I wanted to apply for staff, months ahead from now. I just don't think I have the skills necessary for a staff member/ability to be a good member in the community. I'm not a problem to the community, but I certainly don't help it.

• Emerald

I'm always open for a hug.

It's not only for the game, eventually I wanted to apply for staff, months ahead from now. I just don't think I have the skills necessary for a staff member/ability to be a good member in the community. I'm not a problem to the community, but I certainly don't help it.

Well you are really new so I wouldn't sweat it, let it take time to get into the community, help people if you can and just be nice, that's a great way to act.

• MVP

I'm always open for a hug.

/hug :)

Well you are really new so I wouldn't sweat it, let it take time to get into the community, help people if you can and just be nice, that's a great way to act.

That's what I have been doing so far but I feel it's not enough but I don't have the knowledge/skills to do more.

• Legend

That's what I have been doing so far but I feel it's not enough but I don't have the knowledge/skills to do more.

Why would you say you do not have the skills or knowledge enough to help?

You are here, playing by the rules, giving feedback. You are very active in the Forum which keeps you 'up to date'.

You can always help new members if they have questions. Get yourself involved.

Do not look at yourself so negative.

I do think you have skills and the knowledge to help. It´s easy to say, but dont be afraid.

• MVP

You are here, playing by the rules, giving feedback. You are very active in the Forum which keeps you 'up to date'.

I do think you have skills and the knowledge to help. It´s easy to say, but dont be afraid.

Thanks for the positive post Terra, I appreciate it :). Negativity is a bad habit. I'll do my best I guess..

This about sums up my opinion as well. You've been doing good on the forums, take that as a confidence boost and push yourself. At least then if you fail you can say you gave it your best.

• MVP

This about sums up my opinion as well. You've been doing good on the forums, take that as a confidence boost and push yourself. At least then if you fail you can say you gave it your best.

Wise words, It's just that I'm dreaming too far ahead that when I look at myself now, I doubt I can ever get there.

My Major once told me that "Can't means I won't and I won't is unacceptable." If you already are telling yourself you will fail, that alone will stunt your progress. I would say get some rest and reflect on what it is that makes you doubt yourself. If it wasn't hard it wouldn't be worth doing. Everybody second guesses themselves. I think you are a friendly guy who gives posters positive feedback, I think we appreciate you man you need to appreciate you as well.